wh315-8

Snow Herd is Ready

WHGuy413

Looking good. I’m getting closer to having my snow herd ready. At some point I will have them all squared away. 

• Like 4

wh315-8
1 hour ago, WHGuy413 said:

Looking good. I’m getting closer to having my snow herd ready. At some point I will have them all squared away. 

Post pics here when you get them herded up. Would like to see them Horses. Although some are wild and harder to corral 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Retired Wrencher

Those will get the job done. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, wh315-8 said:

Post pics here when you get them herded up. Would like to see them Horses. Although some are wild and harder to corral 😉

Boy you're not kidding....

I'll be working on getting my 75 C160 Automatic prepped the next few days. Quite a bit of work to do yet.  

Engine swap. Adding Limited Slip Differential so the transmission has to be removed and split. 

LOTS of other things...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

moe1965

Do you get the job of having all the fun or do you have helpers to join along.😆

• Like 1

wh315-8
15 hours ago, moe1965 said:

Do you get the job of having all the fun or do you have helpers to join along.😆

Unfortunately just Me, No Woman (can’t find one that wants to live country life), children are grown on their own. 
So I get to have all the fun myself. Hardest part is only having a blanket to snuggle with afterwards. 🥲 At least my Horses love me.

• Like 1

lynnmor
5 minutes ago, wh315-8 said:

Unfortunately just Me, No Woman (can’t find one that wants to live country life), children are grown on their own. 
So I get to have all the fun myself. Hardest part is only having a blanket to snuggle with afterwards. 🥲 At least my Horses love me.

Maybe this blanket would give more comfort:

Wheel Horse Throw Blanket

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
58 minutes ago, wh315-8 said:

Woman (can’t find one that wants to live country life),

They're out there and my Trina is proof.

Seems they aren't super common.

Sort of like hen's teeth. Unicorns. Pegasus. 

• Like 4

Handy Don
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

hen's teeth. Unicorns. Pegasus. 

A well-matched partner in life is a treasure. 

My best friend married one when he was 80 so I've accepted that it is never too late to someone open to an opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

My best friend married one when he was 80 so I've accepted that it is never too late to someone open to an opportunity.

Absolutely agreed.  

davem1111

6 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I finally found the right one at age 54. She was 700 miles away, but I didn't let that stop me or slow me down.  Been together 10 years now.  Not even close to age 80, but same thing.  Don't ever give up, but sometimes when you stop trying too hard, Fate/God/Universe says "okay, he's ready for her" :D

6 hours ago, wh315-8 said:

I could see you saying that if you lived in New York City, but in Ohio?  Maybe you haven't found one yet, but I was raised in Ohio and if you're looking for women who like country life, I'd call that a "target-rich environment".... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
5 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Sort of like hen's teeth. Unicorns. Pegasus. 

Here we go again... trail cam at @ebinmaine's place... just outside the new barn... unique neighborhood...

image.jpeg.5f839100a9e3fad3eae00d21a510ab3d.jpeg

image.jpeg.551ac35e552d9c4aec8b8b9fa54e6146.jpeg

image.jpeg.d852bdc7ed8a1745a300b91962082aed.jpeg

Oh, and my girls are ready for winter as well:

image.jpeg.aa162fde664b12d74cb236604fa4aec1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Panther416-8

Nice snow herds gentlemen.  Now that I have my new to me snowblower hooked up to my 416, I have an almost new 48" snowplow sitting there looking lonely. Maybe I need another horse...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

wh315-8
58 minutes ago, Panther416-8 said:

Nice snow herds gentlemen.  Now that I have my new to me snowblower hooked up to my 416, I have an almost new 48" snowplow sitting there looking lonely. Maybe I need another horse...

Can’t have too many Horses!

Show pics?

• Like 1

wh315-8
3 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Here we go again... trail cam at @ebinmaine's place... just outside the new barn... unique neighborhood...

image.jpeg.5f839100a9e3fad3eae00d21a510ab3d.jpeg

image.jpeg.551ac35e552d9c4aec8b8b9fa54e6146.jpeg

image.jpeg.d852bdc7ed8a1745a300b91962082aed.jpeg

Oh, and my girls are ready for winter as well:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402fimage.jpeg.aa162fde664b12d74cb236604fa4aec1.jpegimageproxy.php?img=&key=74de1d643bd8402f

Nice Looking Black Hoods, I noticed they all have a different headlight setup.

I have 78-C161 Twin with fiberglass hood & lens like on your Left. And I have C85, C125 &C145 have lights like the Right. Center one must  Be early-mid 80s?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Panther416-8 said:

DEFINITELY.... I need another horse

There I fixed it for ya.  

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
47 minutes ago, wh315-8 said:

Nice Looking Black Hoods, I noticed they all have a different headlight setup.

I have 78-C161 Twin with fiberglass hood & lens like on your Left. And I have C85, C125 &C145 have lights like the Right. Center one must  Be early-mid 80s?

Actually the two left ones are E-141s - Battery powered electrics. The one on the right is a C 105. The middle one is just missing the headlight bezel, which is now replaced thanks to @Wheel Horse 3D a vendor here who 3d printed it. He does great work. Here's a pic of that:

D14E26AD-466D-47F8-8E98-AEE2E5560290.jpeg

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

wh315-8
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Actually the two left ones are E-141s - Battery powered electrics. The one on the right is a C 105. The middle one is just missing the headlight bezel, which is now replaced thanks to @Wheel Horse 3D a vendor here who 3d printed it. He does great work. Here's a pic of that:

D14E26AD-466D-47F8-8E98-AEE2E5560290.jpeg

Yes he does. I bought a lens like that for my C161 & some other parts as well. I see now that middle one was missing, I glanced too quickly thinking it was the 80s style with horse in the center.

Edited by wh315-8
  • Like 3

stevebo

Not a Wheelhorse but it took me all of 4 minutes to hook up the plow! We are getting our first snow of the year and was caught off guard but ready now!

8EB246F1-585E-4E86-9803-8889D91D574D.jpeg

• Like 3

wh315-8
32 minutes ago, stevebo said:

Not a Wheelhorse but it took me all of 4 minutes to hook up the plow! We are getting our first snow of the year and was caught off guard but ready now!

8EB246F1-585E-4E86-9803-8889D91D574D.jpeg

What, Not a Wheel Horse???

lol, what fun could there be in that?

• Excellent 1

stevebo
4 hours ago, wh315-8 said:

What, Not a Wheel Horse???

lol, what fun could there be in that?

I have plowed many years on the horses with and without cabs. This has me spoiled some…

• Heart 1

ohiofarmer

First choice is a 520H with a predator 14 HP and new 4 wheeler tires. Needs no weights at all on gravel. Back up for that is a like new ahrends 8HP two stage walk behind. Back up for any Snowmageddon incident is 56 horsepower bobcat 853. i like the tractor the best because the gravel stays put in that the blade is just off the ground the way it is set up. The Ahrends has gauge wheels to maintain its very nice finish. all the paint is still on the entire front with very little missing from the chute.

The bobcat is simply unstoppable, but i cannot get personally involved with the snow like the wheel horse. The Blizzard of '78 gave us twelve foot drifts. We will see giant snow blowers from wright patterson  AFB eventually and also gravel pit front end loaders.   Country boys  will survive, My neighbor probably still has his double screw snowblower that will chew up concrete blocks without damaging the machine

Also important is the mid size quiet generator of the 3500 persuasion from Harbor Freight to keep the electromagicals running and keep the pipes from freezing.Thats the biggest worry so long as no one needs a hospital. In a big event we are used to not seeing any state plows until I-70 and i-75 get clear. i live on a state road that is last in line as it is commuter traffic twice a day and little else.

• Excellent 1

wh315-8

Ohiofarmer, thanks for sharing and reviving memories. I recall the blizzard of 78 eastern Ohio, I was teenager than C141 was only a mower and tiller attachment than. So was still using the old shovel, lol. To be young again.

I also used the 520H with snow blower one year and blade the next. A great tractor all in itself, still with the Onan. I rotate around for I only have 50 garden tractors. Half needing rebuilt and such but dang job keeps getting in my way. Retirement jobs for sure. 
1 year I used the 400 with 42” blade and she did a great job.

• Like 2

Roger R

Ah the blizzard of '78.  At 27 the shovel worked pretty well, but that one put me in the market for a little help.  Glad to not depend on a shovel since

• Like 1
  • Heart 1