elcamino/wheelhorse

Big Show Motels

elcamino/wheelhorse

What motels are in the area close to the campground?  I plan on coming and spend Friday night , so I can have 2 days at the show. Also where will the "Broke Back members " be located ? Could we start a small club just in case we run out of WH topics ?

• Like 1

953 nut

I have heard that the Comfort Inn in Chambersburg PA is tho motel of choice for lots of members here, that is where I plan to book.

6 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

"Broke Back members "

Going to have to explain that one to me. If you are referring to those of us who have titanium enhanced spines, we are everywhere!

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I used broke back because I could not spell titanium . I seen a lot of email about the members who have back surgery. I must be the odd ball on the forum. I fractured a vertebrae in 2006 and the only way it could be fix was by pumping surgical cement into the vertebrae. I figured there would be " war stories " about how everyone messed up their backs.   

• Like 2

Racinbob

There's a good selection and yes, the Comfort Inn is a great choice. Very nice with a good hot breakfast to start the day. Looking forward to meeting you. Richard, I'm glad you can make it this year. The Mrs. and I will be there again and it will be great to meet you too. :banana-rainbow::) 

• Like 2

953 nut

We could also have a "Cook's Corner" and swap recipes, I understand someone here has a great rhubarb pie recipe.  :ychain:

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Well , I won't be in the Cook's Corner , I can't boil water. Richard are you hauling any of your Tractor's to the Show?

squonk

I don't have the pie recepie. I just buy it from the Amish. :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I don't think they're gonna go for any cooking on site either.  :angry-extinguishflame:

953 nut
21 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Richard are you hauling any of your Tractor's to the Show?

You bet, I will be bringing my Hot Rod 953 and may be bringing another :wh: that will be up for adoption. Hate to part with any of them but have a couple that I just don't use very much. Can't say yet what if any I'll sell. Also, I will be picking up a 1054 project that will be delivered to the show.

elcamino/wheelhorse

You are a busy man ,I was just wondering if you were bringing a 953 I have never seen one in person, that goes for most of the Tractors on the Forum. I will be like a kid in a candy store , except I will be asking a boatload questions of everyone.

• Like 3

953 nut
17 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

except I will be asking a boatload questions of everyone.

You won't be the Loan Ranger, that is the best part of these shows and will probably have to stand in line to ask about some things.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I am not going to give any recommendations as to hotels or motels in the area since I have never stayed in any. I have always pitched my tent and camped in the woods. However, since I am now one of the Titanium Rangers (I prefer that to "broke back"), I don't think that I will be pitching a tent this year. I may just put out an appeal to someone with a nice motor home or trailer with an extra bed that I can rent. :auto-camptrailer:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I like Titanium Rangers but I could be a member no Titanium , just cement.

• Like 2

nylyon

Well, I'm titanium ranger but not broke back, so titanium ranger sounds good to me 

• Like 3

rmaynard

Cement, Titanium, or plastic as in the case of Cousin Eddie, whatever it takes to keep us going! 

Eddie: Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic. It ain't as strong so I don't know if I should go sailin down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Clark: You really think it matters, Eddie?

• Like 3

WHX??

I plan on tenting but have a air mattress for the Missus  plastic neck. 

Couple of questions for you vets tho is ther showers  on the grounds (A must for the Missus...I could smell like a goat for a week and wouldn't bother me...musta been my submarine days)

I would as also like to find a member where I could drop my rig for a few days  after the show while I tour a little on the crome horse.

Edited by WHX6
spell
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
22 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Cement, Titanium, or plastic as in the case of Cousin Eddie, whatever it takes to keep us going! 

Eddie: Don't go puttin' none of that stuff on my sled, Clark. You know that metal plate in my head? I had to have it replaced, cause every time Catherine revved up the microwave I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so. So over at the VA they had to replace it with plastic. It ain't as strong so I don't know if I should go sailin down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Clark: You really think it matters, Eddie?

You have been watching " Christmas Vacation " way too much.

• Like 1

squonk

Comfort Inn is great. 20 min. From the show. A/C in an El Nino year, close to a Chinese buffet, Italian restaurant and Texas Roadhouse! 497109581avatar.gif.f9b51061a911b4d88074Bring your own pillows! :)

rmaynard
8 hours ago, WHX6 said:

Couple of questions for you vets tho is ther showers  on the ground?

Thank heavens Yes. 

• Like 1

WHX??

Thanks Bob...

12 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

don't think they're gonna go for any cooking on site either.  :angry-extinguishflame:

Please tell me your joking AMC .....How we gonna get @stevasaurus to make ribs then ??

Ok now close this thread....I'm jonesin' to go!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

At an individuals campsite maybe, but definitely not on the field.   :angry-nono:

roadapples

I like titanium club, or titanium rangers better, aint meetin` nobody on "Broke Back Mt."  Plenty of motels in Gettysburg, about ten miles away.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:silence:       :omg:      :angry-nono:

• Like 3

squonk
7 hours ago, WHX6 said:

Please tell me your joking AMC .....How we gonna get @stevasaurus to make ribs then ??

You have to go to Texas Road House with us.:)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: Down there, deep in the heart of PA.  :flags-texas: