shallowwatersailor

Another Use for a JB Sleeve Hitch

shallowwatersailor

Breaking my ankle in June has meant everything was put on hold. I hadn't tried to run any tractors until today. The two diesels were on battery tenders so thankfully weren't a problem getting started. The other tractors have literally been where they were in June since then. Plus the workbench-cleaning fairy never got the message so that will need to be cared for as well.

But I was finally able to try an attachment option that I had been considering over seven months ago. I had been emailing Greg at Heavy Hitch about adapting his Hitch'N Can to a sleeve hitch. He does sell an adapter to mate a 2" receiver to a sleeve hitch. I wanted something specifically for a sleeve hitch so that it wouldn't be so far out from the fulcrum of the hitch. The first one was too short and only raised the can about 3". The revised version arrived after I had my accident so wasn't able to try it until today. It works perfectly! I had it painted Kubota Orange so that I could see it in the dark. It also is long enough that I can have the cab on and still not touch it in the raised position. The ironic thing about this is I was going to use it for yard waste as I have a wheeled yard waste can. Save a step and just put it in the can they pickup from. The county changed the size restriction (the existing can is too big) so I would need to get another can.

Greg was sceptical about a market for this so if you contact him for one, do me a favor and mention my name. It should work on a regular clevis hitch as well.
DSCN3223.thumb.JPG.2fb0a8cf3beb80cbbce93DSCN3227.thumb.JPG.07fc5f7d6797216ec00c5DSCN3228.thumb.JPG.ede1241459cd96ed7dd91

• Like 7

CasualObserver

Looks like it will get the job done for sure. I'd bet this is in Lowell's @wheelhorseman1000 wheelhouse. He's already making repop clevis hitches, and I bet his measurements would have been right the first time..... :hide: 

Coadster32

nicely done.

shallowwatersailor

Looks like it will get the job done for sure. I'd bet this is in Lowell's @wheelhorseman1000 wheelhouse. He's already making repop clevis hitches, and I bet his measurements would have been right the first time..... :hide: 

This was from Heavy Hitch but I'm sure Lowell could make it as well. Lowell is great to work with!

JB hitch is rated at 200 lb. so should be okay.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is a great idea. Living in the city of Richmond , Va. we are limited as to the amount of yard waste per pickup. This is one messed up city for more than one reason.

• Like 1