KyBlue

I've had this B for quite a few years now, and it's been my constant go to, and ALWAYS starts and is able to do everything I need it to, even when ... it probably shouldn't - haha

With that being said, it's time that my favorite gets some TLC.  It's going to be slow going ... as I'm still using it as my go to tractor.  Sheet metal first - then I'll do the frame and other bits while the motor is at the machine shop.  Will be using Base/Clear urethane and High build primer (its much more forgiving on the small imperfections when I block it out to be sure its straight)

Pictures!

Started with the seat pan ... It is in great shape just the paint is WAY tired so I'm just hitting it with some 60 grit paper on the DA.

20141109_175055_zps93i68b1v.jpg

20141109_175158_zpswerpprjx.jpg

20141109_175206_zpsmgnfuebp.jpg

Geno media blasted this hood for me a week ago, Sandblasting profiles the metal so I had to run the DA over it too, but it's come out alright ... there are quite a few dents that need to be fixed but nothing 'major' - unlike the original hood.  It's just in a self etching primer to allow me to bodywork it.

20141109_175149_zpsrcwkddil.jpg

20141109_175135_zpsn9c7tvw8.jpg

Stay Tuned for more!

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup: Looking better already.  :popcorn: 

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Looking good! Keep the pics coming.

• Like 1

Geno

About time you gave her what she deserves!   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

• Like 1

slammer302

B-80 is a great machine

Geno

Hey Blue, ever seen a saw Horse like this?  Saw Horse, get it?   :laughing-rolling:   :laughing-rolling:

post-13404-0-43621300-1415808656_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 1

KyBlue

Hey Blue, ever seen a saw Horse like this? Saw Horse, get it? :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

DSCN8393.JPG

Maybe I need to get a pair then...

Geno

That one is yours.  :laughing-rolling:

KyBlue

That one is yours.  :laughing-rolling:

I realized that, but it's only one ... ya just can't have one saw horse ya know ...

to get un-sidetracked .... I'll be back on the B tomorrow after work.  It's going on a road trip with me saturday down to geno's  (yeah i'll be packing heat to be sure it comes back HOME with me)

As a side note ... I'll bet my B80 has more miles than some peoples cars ... has made three trips to Waynesville, NC last spring, trips all over Ky, Southern Ohio ... yeah have Horse will Travel! 

• Like 1

KyBlue

Small update

20141114_193228_zpsopg53znk.jpg
20141114_193156_zps3mygts2d.jpg
20141114_193127_zpsxxhyyj0g.jpg
20141114_193110_zpspyuv5prz.jpg
20141114_193100_zps20dxgii9.jpg

Came out decent. Have found a couple small spots to fix, but nothing major. 

• Like 2

Molon_Labe

Great job Ky, keep at it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Husband wants some advice… lol.  So we did an engine swap today on two suburbans because we could not get the one engine to spark all the time to get it running!  The engine ran last year before parking for the winter sleep…. Points were changed out for new the engine was cleaned to make good contact has new spark plug new coil condenser we even switched out the fly wheel today thinking maybe the magnet was weak…. Advice???   It would where are you out yanking on the recoil five or so times and maybe only get the points to fire twice if you’re lucky..  checked the gap and pull again… same thing over and over!  Thanks in advance!
    • Matt_8
      By Matt_8
      I just bought a 1967 WH lawn ranger and i was wondering the best place to find a rear fender pan

• tomabrown77
      By tomabrown77
      my 1067 stopped moving; limited slip had worn out long ago;  now input pully is turning , but tractor doesnt move --- very slight motion forward or backward if on level ground with no resistance.  Enough to tell me shift lever is actually changing gears.
      I suspect input shaft woodruff keys but might be something worse ... i am interested in perhaps buying a new, used,or rebuilt  transaxle if someone has one they would part with.  And any advice on opening up the transaxle and looking inside .  Or where i can find parts to rebuild it myself...

ps i was on forum about 5 years ago,  forgot my username so i joined again
    • Jeff-C175
      By Jeff-C175
      I put together a replacement for the missing clutch handle today.  I like it so much I'm going to make one for my C-175 also!

Now I need to figure out how come it's not staying DISengaged.  It EASILY jumps off the detent at the slightest touch.  It appears to be a new bracket / lever, judging from the paint on it, but I have not investigated further yet.  Wonder if anyone has run into this and solved it?

What is the correct routing for the throttle cable?  This just CAN'T be correct!  It's right on the cooling fins of the engine, it's done melted the skin off the cable!  Maybe it's a replacement cable and simply too short?
      If someone could post a pic of the correct routing it would be much appreciated!

While looking that over I noticed some oil 'weepage' at the front of the engine.  To me it appears to be concentrated right under the fuel pump.  I presume there's a gasket there that may need to be refreshed?

The only other suspect is the valve cover but and that appears to be a little weepy too, but  more so the fuel pump. 

What say you K301 gurus?

• johnnymag3
      By johnnymag3
      416-8  clean machine, one owner, M16 Kohler...............no smoke, knocks, etc. Only 771 Hours.

42" Rear Discharge deck   NO RUST    blades used 1 season

48" plow very nice condition, 

Wheel Horse weights, on tractor already

AG Tires on rear,used one season, front tires great condition. Rears are filled with beet juice, done at a Dealer professionally,  ....non toxic, non corrosive.  Traction Galore !!!

Machine is fully serviced, ready to work. NEEDS nothing....Look below for pictures

JOHN   845 797 5716 cell