zanepetty

Hey guys. I need help finding a steering gear and shaft for my 753. I need it stat! There are a few on eBay that look like they might work but when I ask the seller they don't know :( can anyone help?? Thanks,

Zane

Kelly

The 753 uses the 3 piece lower shaft, you have to take it all apart to remove or install it, because the batt. tray is welded to the frame, 1962 parts the shaft and rear gear will work, but not the front piece 62 only has one tierod, you will need 63 parts rear gear, lower shaft, and front piece with 2 holes for 2 tierods, in 64 they welded the parts together because you can install them whole with the bolt in batt. tray. 

zanepetty

Thanks, Kelly. If you get a chance/ if its not too much trouble could you take a gander at the ones on eBay to c if they would fit?

Kelly

I seen no lower steering parts on ebay except the ones listed as 753 that will fit your tractor, I have one rear lower steering gear, and on ebay there is the front piece the tierods bolt to, last one I did I had to make a new lower shaft, I could not find any in good shape.

zanepetty

What would you charge to make me one and put the gear on it?

CasualObserver

This is a conversation that belongs in PMs, please.

Thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Traveller28
      By Traveller28
      I wanted to jump on here and show y'all my lastest project. A 1960's model 704(mainly, other parts are used that aren't 704) i decided to try what I've wanted to do for a while. I had a bunch of parts lying around from other builds I've done and decided to pull out the frame and hood from the last 704 I built and start putting together my tricycle gear tractor.

• Bodean
      By Bodean
      In search of bottom plate for 854 two pieces tank mine is cracked will take whole tank if one is available i have a replacement gasket already thanks

• Bodean
      By Bodean
      Slow but sure turning the corner get big red back together waiting on transmission seals 

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      The RJ58 was the big hit for spectators this year at my local festivals here in Carroll County OH. 
      the children loved getting their pictures sitting on it, then they discovered the bicycle horn under the steering wheel. It’s always a joy even in parades. Just love showing off part of my collection every year and hearing all the stories from those that had WH in their lives at one time. Can hardly wait to get to retirement so I can get some of my other models back to their glory in working order and be able to attend other shows/festivals throughout the year. My fellow tractor enthusiasts always know when a spectacular starts asking about WH, they point in my direction. I study up on the history of the different models and always intrigue those that didn’t know much about how WH came to be. This website is one place that has helped me learn so much about the WH history and I thank you for sharing your knowledge that I am able to pass on to keep WH alive and well.

• BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible.