TJ

What Are You Listening To?

Jeff-C175
26 minutes ago, sjoemie himself said:

I still don't see it embedded in my post?

The link is there but not the embedded stuff...  I had this happen a while back myself and I had to change some setting but I can't remember where that was!

Let me see if I can find it again...

OK, I think I figured it out...  if you paste as a LINK instead of PLAIN TEXT, the forum software seems to not parse and embed the YT video but rather posts a clickable link instead.

image.png.54fff0e148fb56bb407413f8948648cf.png

So if your phone default is to past a LINK rather than PLAIN TEXT, that's what you will get...

The example above is in the EDGE browser by the way.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

sjoemie himself

@Jeff-C175 that worked! In the previous post I used the link symbol in the editor and pasted the YT link URL there.. now I just pasted the link in the text editor field and it embedded it instantly just like @Pullstart said :thanks:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

tunahead72

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Ran across these gals on youtube today and they are really good!! 

• Like 1

19richie66

• Excellent 1

tunahead72

• Like 1

tunahead72

This is what happens when you start getting together with one of your old Grateful Dead buddies again, and talk music and plan road trips...

And oh yeah, you find an old version of Morning Dew you've never heard the night before, and decide to post that here in the wee hours of the morning...

• Like 1

tunahead72

And this...

• Like 1

tunahead72

@Jeff-C175 You didn't even have time to listen to that last one all the way through before you "liked" it. B)

• Haha 1

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, tunahead72 said:

@Jeff-C175 You didn't even have time to listen to that last one all the way through before you "liked" it. B)

Didn't have to!  I've listened to it many times previously!  ;)  I'm a DH from way back...  Still got most all of their vinyls in the repository, and though I've not played them in like 20 years, many show tapes.

(by the way, Bob Weir is my Doppelganger, not so much when younger, but certainly now!)

Jerry is who actually inspired me to play the 5 string.  I was at this show... if you listen real close to the crowd, you can hear me yelling! (yeah, right...)

Grisman (Dawg) was one of the guys that I used to head up to Washington Square Park in NYC to watch play.  It was a hotbed for Northeast Bluegrass players back in the 60s-70s.

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 1

Jeff-C175

@tunahead72

I also was a Dylan-aholic going back to the early 60s.  (still have those vinyls too!)  In fact, I was playing Dylan all day on Amazon Music out in the shop today.

My band did a Bluegrass cover of this one:

Edited by Jeff-C175

Jeff-C175

And Mr. Paxton... 

Edited by Jeff-C175

Jeff-C175

Tom Rush

Jeff-C175

And apologies to any devout Catholics... Tom Lehrer

• Like 1

Pullstart

A few reasons this popped up in my head.  Riding my Harley Davidson to town for the second trip to the hardware in row, because #1 paint and #2 I forgot I needed pellets for the smoker… following a hopped up Duramax puffing some smoke and having a good time, and parking next to an F-150 left running in the parking lot to keep the A/C on full blast for wifey… 

Dallas Smith is the Canadian front runner of the old 90’s band Default.  I love his music, then and now.

• Like 1

Horse Newbie

@Pullstart you probably have already posted one, but how about a pic of the HOG ?

• Like 1

Pullstart
On 8/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, Horse Newbie said:

@Pullstart you probably have already posted one, but how about a pic of the HOG ?

It’s just a dusty couch on wheels!  I’ll see if I can find a good picture, but it’s an ‘05 Electra Glide Ultra Classic.  Black Cherry.  I feel like it’s the ugliest motorcycle in the world but it’s comfy and sounds real good 👍 

@Horse Newbie here’s some pics from when we got it in 2019.  The plane was crop dusting next door!

32177216-69C2-4493-B310-61B09596C42A.png

35B92C85-B6CA-438B-A3D0-6728E82C48C5.png

Edited by Pullstart

Pullstart

Inspired by @8ntruck Bill’s post in the e-tank thread :handgestures-salute:

• Like 1

Pullstart

And on another spectrum…  Rylee’s has an uncontrollable cough.  No meds I give her really touch it, so you know what that might mean.  When I even spoke of testing for Covid she broke down in tears.  “I don’t want to have Covid” she muttered.  It quickly became a lesson on not letting this world instill fear in our bodies.  I’ve had plenty of near death experiences, but it seems about 8 years ago, in a man lift, when I had that split second make your peace with the Good Lord, it’s time to die and I was ok with it and a tree top was coming down on me, I try to live every new day like it’s a bonus.  We brought a fear of the unknown moment to a halt and became stronger knowing that there is a plan for us that we might not be able to control.

• Heart 2

Pullstart

19richie66

Farewell Olivia. (Also, one of the best bass runs in the business.)

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine

@19richie66

Well done Man.  

• Thanks 1

19richie66

• Like 1

Jeff-C175

Just came home and found an 18" Garter snake in the mudroom!  That's never happened before.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

• Excellent 1