TJ

What Are You Listening To?

ACman

@ebinmaine @KyleLengerich I’ve had the opportunity to see five finger death Punch twice now and definitely would see him again. The first concert I got to meet Jacoby Chaddix lead singer for Papa Roach and the second concert  I got to me Ivan Moody from Five Finger Death Punch before the concert started . He came through the Handicap seating section and talked to everyone . 

F13DA884-ABC3-463C-ADC7-B2CDCD80725B.jpeg.27978d6a7580c45a44d7f7f9b675022c.jpeg

A1473549-063D-471A-86C3-4F45D0016152.jpeg.b4db77e5cb962c426c65c86ede61ca7e.jpegr

if you don’t already know Ivan has a thing for flipping the bird ! :o Plus I worked my butt off in therapy so I could do just that. :tools-hammerdrill: 

Edited by ACman
  • Like 5
  • Excellent 2

tunahead72

I've been testing out a Yamaha receiver for my friend and fellow tunahead Jon, and spending a lot of time listening to a couple of Sonny Landreth CDs I got for Christmas.  Here's a couple of my favorites from his Bound By the Blues album.  I got a chance to see him live recently, with the same guys on these first two videos, and I'm glad I did finally.  For some reason, I was really entertained by the drummer, he just seemed to be having so much fun, and really creative.

• Like 2

tunahead72

One more Sonny Landreth tune, this one from his From the Reach album.  You may be able to recognize Dr. John on piano and background vocals, and Jimmy Buffett on background vocals, and a guy named Steve Conn playing organ who I'd never heard of for some unexplained reason until I heard this album:

• Like 2

tunahead72

I was puttering in the basement this morning, working on a little woodworking/wiring project, and decided to listen quietly to some tunes on my phone while I worked.  I found this album by It's a Beautiful Day, which I still have on vinyl, but I haven't listened to it in literally decades.  And on this particular tune, I started thinking I knew this song, by another title and band, but what was it and who was it?  It was driving me nuts trying to figure it out...

And then it hit me...

Apparently both bands inspired each other at different times, and all these years I never heard the connection.  Life is funny sometimes.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Life is funny sometimes.

:text-yeahthat:

bc.gold

Pan flute.

C-101plowerpower

in the rural area i live its a popular hobby(one of mine too, im constantly looking for country and bluegrass vinyl) to do illegal radio broadcasting on the fm with transmitters up to 10kw and towers upwards of a 100meters. a lot of music is dutch and german but there's some good english songs aswell like. here's a couple i heard in the last couple days

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 1

tunahead72

A month or so ago, I was digging through a cabinet in our living room, and found a bunch of CD's I hadn't listened to in years, because I had no idea they were in there, no doubt a result of somebody else in the household "organizing". :rolleyes:

At any rate, there were two early Santana albums in there, and I've been listening to both of them a lot lately, great stuff.  These two are from their very first album:

• Like 2

tunahead72

I'm surprised I haven't posted anything from this guy yet, just found a couple more CD's hidden away in that cabinet I mentioned earlier...  The first two of these tunes are from one of Ian Moore's early CD's, back when he was focused on the blues.  The final song is from a live EP that appeared shortly after that.  I really wish I'd been able to see him play live during that period, with that band, great stuff, I just wasn't that aware at the time.

ebinmaine
15 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Ian Moore's early CD's

Would you mind sharing the names of the CDs?

19richie66

tunahead72
19 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Would you mind sharing the names of the CDs?

Sure...

These were actually his first two releases.  The first one is just called Ian Moore, a great blues/rock studio album from 1993, my favorite of the few of his that I've actually listened to all the way through.  The next is Live from Austin, released in 1994.

His next studio album was Modernday Folklore, which I haven't heard completely, but it's on my list.  After that, Ian started getting away from his blues roots and exploring other musical styles a bit.  I just haven't kept up, but I suspect there's plenty there worth listening to.

• Thanks 1

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

I suspect there's plenty there worth listening to.

Hhmmmm.....

I'd agree.

Thanks for the names.

I'll try to find them.

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

The first one is just called Ian Moore,

Ordered !!!

• Like 1

tunahead72

I love this thread! :)

• Excellent 2

ebinmaine
16 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

I love this thread! :)

Me too. Definitely one of my favorite ones on this site.

tunahead72

This is all Eric's fault... :ychain:

A couple of weeks ago I posted some early Ian Moore tunes, and then @ebinmaine asked for more specific information, and then I realized I actually have a copy of the Modernday Folklore CD, so I started listening to it, a lot, which lead to listening to as much of Ian's stuff on YouTube as I could stay awake for, which has been a lot the last few days or so.  And what I've realized is that I have to find a way to see Ian play live somehow, somewhere.  He's still touring actively, with a different band, with a lot of tunes that I haven't heard yet, but he has a huge catalog of mostly original material to draw from, some of it in my humble opinion just okay, but lots of it just excellent.  I love his guitar work, and his voice, and just the deep "feel" he puts into his tunes.

This one is one of my favorites from the MF album (see what I did there? :ph34r:).  It's a tune Ian wrote back in 1995 or so just before his dad passed away.  There's a lot of really excellent live videos of this song on YouTube, some old and some very recent, done in different styles that have evolved over time.  But I think the original album version, performed in a studio with his original band, really captures the nuances and subtleties of the song and the lyrics.  Hope you enjoy.

And Eric, just kidding about this being your fault.  I haven't had this much fun checking out "new" music in a very long time, so thank you!

Edited by tunahead72
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

And Eric, just kidding about this being your fault.  I haven't had this much fun checking out "new" music in a very long time, so thank you!

Hahahahahaha

No worries there.

And by the way.... I got his debut CD off the fleabay. It'll get thrown in the player next time I get some time in the outdoor Workshop.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

bottjernat1

Been making my own playlist on youtube. Here is my metal one i listen to working on the old garden tractors. * Check me out on youtube*I have my own channel under my name Nathan Bottjer. also some garden tractor videos and others i have posted. i listen to all types of music. i have a classic rock mix from the 50's 60's and 70's a hair metal mix, a old country mix and new country mix, R & B mix, Gangsta rap, you name it what ever im in the mood to here! Its good to be open minded. I also love classical music!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

19richie66

• Like 1

JCM

The first album I purchased in the early 70's was Eat  a  Peach by the Allman Bros, then Beginings, then Fillmore East all are great but Fillmore East has Dicky Betts In Memory of Elizabeth Reed on it and is awesome. The list goes on from there,Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc, Steve Winwoods early hits like Dear Mr Fantasy&Can't find my way home are great also, along with early Eric Clapton.In the mid 70's I changed gears and got hooked on Waylon Jennings And still enjoy him today and was fortunate to see him perform at the Topsfield Fair in the early 90's. I almost forgot to mention Hank Williams Jr concert in Worcester ma in the late 70's.In 1975 I stumbled upon a man by the name of Roy Buchanan and could not believe the sounds he could make come out of the most simple guitar that being a 1953 Fender Telecaster, Most anything he plays is different, but I enjoy his what is named Second Album,the frets on that Maple Neck Telecaster are worn from the First to the 22 fret. Danny Gatton is another great playing the same guitar and both  performed a lot in the DC area, unfortunately those two legends have passed on. Funky Mama by Gatton is good!

• Like 2

ebinmaine

• Like 1

19richie66

Thats a classic.👍