rmaynard

Will Gas Prices Keep You From The Show?

adsm08
15 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Yep, since that rule change the refiners are upping the ethanol and the fuel economy is falling accordingly.

Which just gives the lie to the whole "climate change" BS. If carbon was really such a big deal they wouldn't let more, or any, ethanol into the fuel, because it is a horrible net CO2 producer over regular gasoline.

• Like 1

Handy Don
Just now, adsm08 said:

Which just gives the lie to the whole "climate change" BS. If carbon was really such a big deal they wouldn't let more, or any, ethanol into the fuel, because it is a horrible net CO2 producer over regular gasoline.

Farmers (and all the supporting and supported industries) are a force hard to fully comprehend. They want to sell corn raised with water from subsided dams and canals or from aquifers that are not being replenished. Who will put themselves on the line to advocate for lost jobs (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation farms going bust) or higher gas prices?

Carbon is a big deal, but there is much research clarifying why it is so hard, especially for people in this country, to accept where we are and where we are going.

• Like 1

rmaynard

Since I started this thread back on 2012, I guess I'll end it by saying that it looks like gas prices didn't seem to affect most of you. Lots of talk about how "it's going to cost me a fortune", and "going to have to get a loan", and "the bank just approved my mortgage" and many other comments.

But despite the fuel cost, most of you made it, and the show was a major success once again.

I missed seeing some familiar vendors such as @Vinylguy, and @wheelhorseman, and  members like  @stevasaurus, @WHX??, @Achto and others, but there were some new vendors and new faces who filled in the gaps, and as they say "the show went on".

Hope to see you all next year.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Handy Don
17 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

Since I started this thread back on 2012, I guess I'll end it by saying that it looks like gas prices didn't seem to affect most of you. Lots of talk about how "it's going to cost me a fortune", and "going to have to get a loan", and "the bank just approved my mortgage" and many other comments.

But despite the fuel cost, most of you made it, and the show was a major success once again.

I missed seeing some familiar vendors such as @Vinylguy, and @wheelhorseman, and  members like  @stevasaurus, @WHX??, @Achto and others, but there were some new vendors and new faces who filled in the gaps, and as they say "the show went on".

Hope to see you all next year.

Well said.

I saw a lot of folks having a great time and when I asked vendors "how is your show going" I got mostly positive responses. One insightful fellow pointed out that comparing to last year's show, as it came after the 2020 cancellation, and to pre-pandemic shows wasn't useful--too much has changed. He wanted to look forward toward where the WH hobby and interest might be going and he felt it still had a strong future and that the Show, WHCC members, and everyone interested would find ways to adapt.

• Like 3