AHS 1,700 #1 Posted yesterday at 11:09 AM Hey all! Hydro foot pedal from Corey Thatcher. I have one, I haven’t got it mounted yet, here’s some of it. I was chuckling, cause these look like WH directions/ manual. I was interested, do any of you have a foot pedal kit that you have already mounted? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JoeM 10,256 #2 Posted yesterday at 11:39 AM Pretty sure Corey made these as a WH re-pop. Send him a PM on face space Here is his ad from FB 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,199 #3 Posted yesterday at 11:59 AM @cleat did a great thread on the subject. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JoeM 10,256 #4 Posted yesterday at 12:58 PM 3 hours ago, 953 nut said: did a great thread on the subject. that is a complete different set up. It uses the spring center return and the one listed is manual like the lever 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,085 #5 Posted 23 hours ago 5 hours ago, JoeM said: Corey made these as a WH re-pop. They were a item at one time for C series ... particularly super Cs. Wonder why this Corey dude doesn't peddle them here? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,877 #6 Posted 20 hours ago I took off one of Matts kits, are one somebody had copied off of my 520. Looked like the one in @cleat's linked thread above. It was the first and only one that I had been around and did not like it one bit but now that I have seen a few I realize that the self-centering bracket (the first one in cleats thread) was missing the spring which made it "self center" might have changed my mind. I couldn't figure out why anyone would like a foot control because I could not control it the way it was supposed to work, I was trying to regulate it up and down these hills with my foot because when you lift your foot it would stay in the position you had it in . I would start down a hill and would have to take my heel and try to regulate my speed with my heel, and you can imagine about how good that worked. I said all that to say I believe I will revisit the pedal control again and see if I can get it to work this time like it was designed to work. The one @AHS does look like a factory repro kit and doesn't look much like the kit I have. This is only pic I can find of the one I have but believe I have everything to put it back the right way now. Thanks @AHS you got me to wanting to try it, like I need another project . 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,151 #7 Posted 18 hours ago I've fabricated three different style pedal setups. All self center. One is totally bolt on, just tap an existing hole in the hoodstand. The pedal setup on the GT1800 is my first attempt. The second attempt is shown in the first three photos. That pedal is totally bolt on. The last one was my latest attempt using a pedal from an MTD that I got on ebay. Not sure which one I like best. All could use some tweaking that I haven't had time to do. 3 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AHS 1,700 #8 Posted 18 hours ago @Bill D i see yours goes back to neutral with that ramp! Neat! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,151 #9 Posted 17 hours ago 14 minutes ago, AHS said: @Bill D i see yours goes back to neutral with that ramp! Neat! Thanks. It's basically a spin on Matt's return to neutral setup, only in a different location. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,877 #10 Posted 17 hours ago Here is another pic of the kit I have it works in the same princeable as @Bill D's but the neutral return plate is located in the trans control tunnel. It is the plate located to the right in pic and I actually wrote on it in black majic marker, but like I said earlier it had a spring missing which pulled it back to neutral. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,151 #11 Posted 17 hours ago I built each pedal setup for around $100 or less in materials. 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
AHS 1,700 #12 Posted 7 hours ago Auto center spring, that’s what this is? Return to neutral spring? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
cleat 9,326 #13 Posted 5 hours ago 2 hours ago, AHS said: Auto center spring, that’s what this is? Return to neutral spring? Yes, take your foot off of the pedal and the transmission goes to neutral stop position. I feel this is the safest design as it basically works like a dead man pedal where if you get into an issue or for some reason fall from the tractor, it will just stop moving. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
JoeM 10,256 #14 Posted 3 hours ago 17 hours ago, Bill D said: It's basically a spin on Matt's return to neutral setup, only in a different location. that might help it return better too? I think running through the linkage causes a good bit of drag on the spring power. I know I ended up using a tighter spring on one to get constant return. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,877 #15 Posted 2 hours ago @Bill D is this the pedal from a MTD mower? I like the looks of it and wouldn't care to try one, I think . Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,151 #16 Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, sqrlgtr said: @Bill D is this the pedal from a MTD mower? I like the looks of it and wouldn't care to try one, I think . That one is from a Kubota tractor. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,877 #17 Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 3 minutes ago, Bill D said: That one is from a Kubota tractor. you like it or do prefer one of the others? I like the one @AHS posted also. Edited 1 hour ago by sqrlgtr Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,151 #18 Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, sqrlgtr said: you like it or do prefer one of the others? I like the one @AHS posted also. The one in the first three photos is probably the best. Totally bolt on. I would like to shorten lever that connects to the transmission linkage, but if I do it hits the steering fan gear. The thow of the pedal itself is very short. The arm on the other two pedals is the same length as the cam control in the hoodstand. Much better pedal pressure. Like I said, all could use some tweaking. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites