Wayne0 1,634 #26 Posted August 9 Thanks to @Bill D I'm in talks for an opposed twin which would be a drop in. 4 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,657 #27 Posted August 9 1 minute ago, Wayne0 said: Thanks to @Bill D I'm in talks for an opposed twin which would be a drop in. Bill is good people. He's helped us out a couple times too. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wayne0 1,634 #28 Posted September 3 (edited) Well, I found one an hour from here in York, ME. Better than a 3 hour trip to CT. Less money too. Appears to have the 3 wire 13 amp stator and separate regulator that @Bill D mentioned in another thread. A lot of stuff to swap. Pics when I get it cleaned up. The medical lift works excellent. Edited September 3 by Wayne0 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,141 #29 Posted September 3 2 hours ago, Wayne0 said: Well, I found one an hour from here in York, ME. Better than a 3 hour trip to CT. Less money too. Appears to have the 3 wire 13 amp stator and separate regulator that @Bill D mentioned in another thread. A lot of stuff to swap. Pics when I get it cleaned up. The medical lift works excellent. Glad you found a good engine. I look forward to seeing pictures. Those lifts are real back savers. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Bill D 3,141 #30 Posted September 4 Are you planning to do an autopsy on the old engine? I'm curious what failed. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wayne0 1,634 #31 Posted September 4 10 hours ago, Bill D said: Are you planning to do an autopsy on the old engine? I'm curious what failed. I'm thinking rings but when I get time, we will see. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wayne0 1,634 #32 Posted September 4 Pulled some un-needed stuff off today including the electric PTO. Looks like it will need a muffler but I've got to pull some tins to see. Have to roll it outside to clean it up. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
WHX?? 58,083 #33 Posted September 5 Not sorry Wayne you know the rules ... 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wayne0 1,634 #34 Posted September 6 (edited) Doner heart. Looks rough, but PO said it "ran when pulled" t Trimming the fat before clean up. Edited September 6 by Wayne0 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Wayne0 1,634 #35 Posted 2 hours ago So, I went to drop the donor motor on to the mounting plate after swapping the stuff I needed to and didn't realize there is an oil drain plug on the bottom of the pan. It took a few to figure out why it was wobbly. The WH motor doesn't have it, or it's flush. I can't drill a clearance hole with out hitting the frame. I ordered some flush plugs from the jungle. Of course, I already changed the oil so I have to drain it again. 1 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites