Jon925mn

Sundstrand transmission no high range

Jon925mn

Have 310-8 (1985) that lost high range. Was working then nothing. Low works perfect forward and reverse and even climbs grade easily. Sounds like maybe a shift fork from what I read. Question is rebuilding?

Anyone local in lesueur mn area that rebuilds these. Or is this a diy job for someone who's never split a trans. 

squonk

First it is not a Sunstrand. It's a Uni-drive 8 speed. Not hard to repair but the shift fork can be hard to come by. With limited repair skills the easiest way to repair is to replace the transmission. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Achto
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jon925mn said:

Anyone local in lesueur mn area that rebuilds these.

@prondzy , @Shynon@wheelhorsemanany interest in rebuilding an 8speed?

Edited by Achto

Achto
1 hour ago, Jon925mn said:

Or is this a diy job for someone who's never split a trans.

Watch Steve's videos & see if it something that you want to tackle.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WxpigBM-CFt3jm0aCxvxw

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell

Were you changing the HI/LOW when it quit?         Could the roll pin that fastens the shift lever to the shaft have partially sheared?

• Excellent 1

Jon925mn

My mistake on sundstrand I confused with my C-145. Was tilling and when done it would not go into high to drive back to shed. High worked going out to garden. The shear pin is there but did notice a wiggle to the shaft sticking out and some wet oil at base. I only use this tractor for tilling twice a year but concerned transmission will give out now. 

Rebuild kit?

Ed Kennell

Dis you try shifting to high with it in 1st and rocking the tractor backward and forward ?

wheelhorseman

Did you find anybody for your transmission? If not, give me a call 507-213-6346. I have limited time but it sounds pretty easy. Probably the high low plate on the high/low shifter selector broke. I’ve had a couple do that. I’m just east of Medford 7 miles. 

• Like 2

Jon925mn

Rocking back and forth will maybe engage high gear? What if I make it worse by causing some broken metal to jam in a gear.

Looks like there is no rebuild kits for the uni-drive. Anyone have a rebuilt transmission or a 310-8 parts tractor with good trans?