rrjbwhite@comcast.net

C160 Selling Price

rrjbwhite@comcast.net

Hello! I am looking for some help. My dad bought a new C-160 8 speed in June 1975 from Agro Inc. in Bourbonnais, Illinois. It now has 1,079 hours. Along the way he bought new implements for it including a 42 inch Dozer Blade Factory Model #6-9623, a Rotary Mower Model 5-1210 48 inch, Snow Thrower Model #6-6212 47 inch, Implement Hitch Model #8-5521, EZ Vac modified to fit the tractor with 42 by 37 by 31 inch custom trailer (he built himself) , 8 foot spray boom with pump and tank (he built himself), Sears wheel weights, chains and miscellaneous parts. It includes the original bills of sale, owners and parts manuals as well as attachment and accessory catalog. He passed away years ago and gave it to me. It was meticulously maintained, garage kept with all maintenance and repair records since new. It seemed like he was constantly taking the mower deck off, cleaning and oiling it. He painted it and installed new decals so it looks very good with no rust other than maybe some surface ruse on dozer blade and snowblower. 

I have not driven it in probably seven years as I do not have a need for it. 

I would like to see it go someone that could start using it as it was intended and most importantly to a good home.

I am asking this forum on what is a fair price for it.

Thanks

Ron

• Heart 1

953 nut

:WRS:

We have several members in New England, perhaps @ebinmaine, @wallfish, @stevebo or others could give you a better idea of what it would be wort in you part of the country.

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Thanks for bringing me in Richard. 

Sounds like quite an impressive package. 

Any chance of getting some pics?

ebinmaine

That's a LOT of good strong solid machinery there.  

Lemme mull over the pricing...

• Like 1

kpinnc

I feel that as a "C160-less" member (who lives too far away to compete for this machine), I can speak for all of us in saying EB DOES NOT NEED ANOTHER C-160!!! :lol:

Just joking of course. Good luck to both of you. 

• Haha 6

c-series don

Eric is slowly becoming the C-160 king!! If this guy wants his to go to a good home I know where there’s a good one in Hiram Maine. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

kpinnc
25 minutes ago, c-series don said:

Eric is slowly becoming the C-160 king!! If this guy wants his to go to a good home I know where there’s a good one in Hiram Maine. 

Agreed. Definitely some good maintenance done on thier machines! :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

We appreciate the compliments guys. 

As much as I'd love to have this one, the Implements are all for a field worker and we're mountain side folk here. 

I'll likely have to let someone else be the next Steward for this beautiful mo-chine. 

I definitely have a great appreciation for the long term ownership  (I have two others like that)

I've rarely seen a machine as solid too. 

I'd very much like to see the current owner get a fair price. I'm still thinking on that...

• Like 2

ebinmaine
  • Like 1

ebinmaine

It can be a challenge to set an owner appreciable price on a tractor that's had long-term ownership. The level of emotional attachment means infinitely more than the actual value of a lot of items.

Being here in New England presents another separate set of challenges because the values on Advertising sites are vastly different, higher, than a lot of other areas of the country. 

Are the items selling for some of these exorbitant prices? I don't know.

Another thing for consideration is that more often than not the individual implements are worth more if they are sold off separately than in a package, especially a larger one.

The tractor itself has over a thousand hours which is getting up there, but not by a long shot used up. Especially where this one appears to be so well maintained.

Here's my thoughts on the items, individually. I'm certainly open to discussion one way or the other on the following prices.

Tractor. 

As indicated above I own a few of these. My Other Half and I have done full frame off restorations on three of hers and two of my own. I have a go-to daily worker C160 8-speed and a snow plow dedicated Automatic. I am more than familiar with the excellent capabilities of these machines.

Given what I know about the amount of work these machines require in maintenance and rebuild and also what they are capable of, I should think that TRACTOR BY ITSELF would be worth at least $800 to $1,000 at Absolute minimum.

Mower $200 to $300?

Plow, 42" $150 to $200

Weights, plastic $100?

Chains, good quality vintage 2 link. $50+

These next two things I'm not really sure how to Value because I have very little familiarity with them and their usage.

Leaf vacuum system

Sprayer

• Like 2

rrjbwhite@comcast.net

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response!

You sure hit the "nail on the head" when you talked about ""It can be a challenge to set an owner appreciable price on a tractor that's had long-term ownership. The level of emotional attachment means infinitely more than the actual value of a lot of items.""

I just joined this Red Square forum and glad I did! Seems like a great group of guys with a common interest!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, rrjbwhite@comcast.net said:

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response!

You sure hit the "nail on the head" when you talked about ""It can be a challenge to set an owner appreciable price on a tractor that's had long-term ownership. The level of emotional attachment means infinitely more than the actual value of a lot of items.""

I just joined this Red Square forum and glad I did! Seems like a great group of guys with a common interest!

Really is a great bunch of folks. We even have a few get togethers throughout the year and you are not far from one in the fall over here in Southern Maine.

• Like 1

87 416-8 horse

:text-welcomewave:to :rs:

• Like 2

ebinmaine
Just now, 87 416-8 horse said:

:text-welcomewave:to :rs:

Where are my manners!

:ROTF:

@rrjbwhite@comcast.net

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

rrjbwhite@comcast.net

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the welcome!

I will look forward to seeing Wheel Horse fans at a get together. I live in Windham, New Hampshire so not that far.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
24 minutes ago, rrjbwhite@comcast.net said:

I will look forward to seeing Wheel Horse fans at a get together. I live in Windham, New Hampshire so not that far.

You're quite welcome. 

The Meet n Greet I mentioned is in N Berwick. You're actually about the same distance as me. Around an hour away. 

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@WHGuy413

You may wanna follow along to see if  this rig goes up for sale.  

• Like 2

WHGuy413
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

@WHGuy413

You may wanna follow along to see if  this rig goes up for sale.  

I definitely am here to see what happens. Thanks

• Like 2

Horse Newbie

@rrjbwhite@comcast.net,

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs: !!!

• Like 1

Easton Rich

Sorry I’m late at saying this, but, Welcome we are glad you are here. Bring all of your problems to EB

Just kidding

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, Easton Rich said:

Sorry I’m late at saying this, but, Welcome we are glad you are here. Bring all of your problems to EB

Wheelhorse problems... absolutely. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Haha 1

Horse Newbie
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

problems... absolutely

I have read lots of in depth thoughts recorded here for all eternity, unselfishly shared by the “bear”.

The all knowing guru regularly motivates, calms, and shares wisdom and with all who wish to be enlightened…

Or he just asks SWMBO…

• Haha 2
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Horse Newbie said:

I have read lots of in depth thoughts recorded here for all eternity, unselfishly shared by the “bear”.

The all knowing guru regularly motivates, calms, and shares wisdom and with all who wish to be enlightened…

Or HE JUST ASKS SWMBO…

Pretty much it right there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wayne0
16 hours ago, rrjbwhite@comcast.net said:

I'm right down the street in Danville! :text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 2