Cee245

Xi series Tiller / 52" deck buy

Cee245

Going to look at an XI tiller and 52" deck thats been sitting outside tomorrow.  

I don't know if seller has the tiller bracket, but he's pretty sure he has it. 

Too good of a deal to pass on... 

Have 2- 520xi's that would be nice to put tiller on and I guess the deck, I'd sell. 

Screenshot_20240302_151334_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_151308_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

Cee245

Looks like they may clean up well. 

Screenshot_20240302_154734_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_154705_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ri702bill

Why do folks leave rather expensive outdoor equipment - outdoors, uncovered!!! :dunno:

• Sad 2

pfrederi

Young guy down the road, his Mommy bought him a 12,000 John Deer garden tractor .  Left it outside all year uncovered.  Guess he finally sold it now has a guy come once a week to mow his yard.

• Sad 1

OoPEZoO

I'll never understand it.  My sister has a Kubota with FEL that she bought brand new for $18k or so.  It sits outside 24/7 under a lean to next to their pole barn while she allows a friend to park a $2k beater car, motorcycle, and 4-wheeler inside the pole barn.  Good deeds are one thing, but it makes no sense.

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Check over the parts list to make sure you get all the pieces

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cee245

Yeah, sometimes its out of owners control where stored, but usually its just lack of care. 

These are operational at least. Ill do my usual care for them in going over bearings, greasing everything and soaking it in oil. Being xi attachments, they seem rare at times. This is the first tiller ive seen that is reasonable driving distance from me. (North Western PA.)

I'm on a buying spree it seems.  I just bought a GT1800 for dash parts to install on my 314H-project but now I may fix the Briggs flywheel and switch over the parts and fix that up instead of parting it. 

• Like 2

Cee245

These are in pretty good shape!  The earlier pics make them look terrible. They are muddy and just plan dirty. Very solid. 

Little damage on discharge of deck. Not a hard fix. 

Tiller came with ALL attachments  and brackets. Got lucky on this buy!

17095085503617565772466050090421.jpg

17095085805301427688723523506975.jpg

17095087002036517154712552467711.jpg

17095087220486341760139468140077.jpg

OoPEZoO

Nice.....jealous of that tiller score.  I'm not sure I'd use one often, but boy it sure would be handy for a few projects I have on the horizon.

• Like 1

kpinnc
42 minutes ago, Cee245 said:

Got lucky on this buy!

Indeed you did. Very nice! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Bill D
On 3/2/2024 at 7:30 PM, Cee245 said:

Yeah, sometimes its out of owners control where stored, but usually its just lack of care. 

These are operational at least. Ill do my usual care for them in going over bearings, greasing everything and soaking it in oil. Being xi attachments, they seem rare at times. This is the first tiller ive seen that is reasonable driving distance from me. (North Western PA.)

I'm on a buying spree it seems.  I just bought a GT1800 for dash parts to install on my 314H-project but now I may fix the Briggs flywheel and switch over the parts and fix that up instead of parting it. 

What's wrong with the Briggs flywheel?

peter lena

@Cee245   personally would do a complete reversal to any rusting , crud neglect , found a warm dry place or outside in the sun , with an oil soaking penetrant will bake into the metal and stain it black , like to prop things up to the sun , at a 45 deg angle  doing the oil soak . really sets a base line for recovery , of course  bearing lubricant change , like a hi temp / stress grease / lube exceeding use factor . would not be surprised if related spindles are noisy / rough .  brought back a lot of stuff , had to go back to ground zero , on verified maintenance, operational function was dramatic .  also check out  related , PTO mule drive areas , those bearings get smoky hot , lubrication failure , pete

• Like 1

Wayne0
On 3/2/2024 at 6:13 PM, OoPEZoO said:

I'll never understand it.  My sister has a Kubota with FEL that she bought brand new for $18k or so.  It sits outside 24/7 under a lean to next to their pole barn while she allows a friend to park a $2k beater car, motorcycle, and 4-wheeler inside the pole barn.  Good deeds are one thing, but it makes no sense.

Well, I've got to say, my Work Horse (Ole Rusty) is under a lean to as well. Keeps it dry. Big Red is in the shed. No room for both inside.

• Like 1

Cee245

Regarding the Gt1800 flywheel, not exactly sure until i dive into it. Seller it needs a new one. Something about it being chewed up. 

Cee245
5 minutes ago, Cee245 said:

Regarding the Gt1800 flywheel, not exactly sure until i dive into it. Seller said it needs a new one. Something about it being chewed up. 

Cee245

Thanks @gwest_ca for the files!

I looked at the files before checking it out and was wondering what all the extra stuff was.

I believe i got the tiller mule and mower mule drive. Belt that came with is about to break, so there’s that. 

17096299944567474360557174439726.jpg