peter lena

grandson , camp Lejeune , home base

CCW
14 minutes ago, peter lena said:

proud  GRAMPA   

Proud is the correct term.  Proud of my sone with 14 years in the Army.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

Ed Kennell

Congratulations Pictures, Images, Graphics - Page 10

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, peter lena said:

crew chief / loadmaster , will be flying , Europe / Africa , 3 weeks out of every month , 21 year's old

Congratulations,  Most 21 year olds can't figure out what they want to be when they grow up, the military has made a man out of a boy. Well done.  :handgestures-salute:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie

@peter lena, @CCW,

I hope both of you, when you get the chance, and remember to do it…

Tell both of those servicemen thank you from Horse Newbie !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PWL216
Posted (edited)

@peter lena congrats to your grandson Pete! I was USMC Air Wing, airframes mechanic on the A4 Skyhawks at Cherry Point back in 1977. Funny story, me and one of my teammates, also from Boston, we’re driving home on leave through a very rural area of NC, and we hit a pig. We stopped and said ‘what do we do’? What we decided to do was get the hell out of there as fast as we could!

8961310E-2286-4B03-A5DA-B7C1F3486259.jpeg

Edited by PWL216
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

sergeant
Posted (edited)

Congratulations To you and your Grandson

All 3 of My children are all Serving In the reserves now, but all were On active Duty at one time, so I understand that Pride In Your Grandson. I actually got to serve In the Same Division (10th Mountain) at the same time as my two oldest Children. Before I retired from the Army:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Edited by sergeant
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ohiofarmer
8 hours ago, PWL216 said:

@peter lena congrats to your grandson Pete! I was USMC Air Wing, airframes mechanic on the A4 Skyhawks at Cherry Point back in 1977. Funny story, me and one of my teammates, also from Boston, we’re driving home on leave through a very rural area of NC, and we hit a pig. We stopped and said ‘what do we do’? What we decided to do was get the hell out of there as fast as we could!

8961310E-2286-4B03-A5DA-B7C1F3486259.jpeg

That was back in the days that my cousin was up in the tower for air traffic control. He was a recruiter for a time and did his twenty. Small world.

• Like 1