c-series don

WHCC Feature tractor and picture re-creation

Brockport Bill
1 hour ago, JCM said:

I have a bunch of WH decks and on the 42'' the chute goes under and on the 48'' over on the SD decks. @Horse Newbie Both were bought new.

weird - - they must have changed some of the s.d. chute install over the various models over the years -  i have mower deck WH manuals photos and diagrams and it shows the 48 with the chute on top -- and also underneath?????????????

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

c-series don

I bought a 48” SD in 1984 and it was under. I took it off almost immediately because I thought it impeded the dispersion of the clippings. Look at me using big words, like I’m all smart or something 🤣🤣 Don’t be fooled 😂

• Haha 3

JoeM
On 2/14/2024 at 6:56 PM, squonk said:

Who ever is in the recreated picture need to wear dress shoes!

Mike I bet you got one of those plaid shirts! :ychain: 

I know there is one somewhere here but it is to small now :D

c-series don

Well I got the C-175 running good, and it operates as it should. I started tearing it down and quickly realized it is going to need a lot of work. I’m still on the fence about doing a full blown restoration on this tractor. As some of you know, it’s a lot of work to do it properly. It would be nice however to have it done as it is the feature tractor for the big show. I was fairly certain my buddy had the front mower carrier, but he informed me that he sold it a few years ago. @Tonytoro416 said he has a nice one, maybe we can work something out? One thing I do have is several 48” decks that also need to be restored. So really all I need to re-create the picture is to restore my tractor and mower deck. Find a mower carrier, a yellow Members Only jacket, polyester pants and those brown shoes!! Basically if I am going to try and pull this off I’m going to need to devote all of my free time to getting it done! I ask myself why on earth am I even thinking about doing this! I have been dropping subtle hints to the treasurer that we may be incurring some unexpected costs over the next few months. I didn’t get a full on green light, however I didn’t get a red light either. I feel as if I’m operating under a yellow caution light 😂 Stay tuned………

IMG_8963.jpeg

IMG_8964.jpeg

IMG_8965.jpeg

IMG_8966.jpeg

Edited by c-series don
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

It's on the lift table so it must be a go... :hide:

Maybe...? 

Sorta...?

Blame @Pullstart or @WHX??...? I mean, they have about 100 plus :wh:'s between them, and no C-175's ??? :angry-tappingfoot:

• Haha 2

c-series don

Well @SylvanLakeWH someone is going to have to take the blame for this once my bride starts reviewing the credit card statements that are bound to follow 🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Brockport Bill

hey Don -- how did the compression check out for the KT twin?

c-series don

Honestly Bill, I didn’t put a gauge on it. When I removed the plugs I held my thumb over the hole and I couldn’t hold it tight so I figured I had good compression. Now that you’ve said that though, I probably will test it just to see what it has. I’m thinking about pulling the motor over the weekend. 

• Like 2

Pullstart
8 hours ago, c-series don said:

Well @SylvanLakeWH someone is going to have to take the blame for this once my bride starts reviewing the credit card statements that are bound to follow 🤣🤣

If you play your cards (or statements) right you can have a month of freedom before you get chewed on!  :lol:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

c-series don

Okay, well it looks like “I’m in it to win it!” I’m going to start a separate thread on the restoration in case someone else wants to post here about this year’s feature tractor at the big show. I’m going to tear it down further, I guess I just gotta go for it! I can’t do it half ass, @cleat is setting the bar pretty high nowadays! So here it goes!………..

IMG_8984.jpeg

IMG_8983.jpeg

IMG_8982.jpeg

• Excellent 1

Tonytoro416

I will get some pictures this week of the deck carrier and I would be willing to part with it knowing the situation and or let you borrow for the show.  Something can be worked out I’m sure 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1