Pullstart

We went on a field trip

Pullstart

A few weeks back, Colleen was the guest of honor for some friends.  We made a few rounds of the field, and parked it.  After another hour or two, they asked to go out again.  We made it 233 yards according to my buddy’s OnX hunt app :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

953 nut

Probably need to jack it up and put some cribbing under each wheel and then wait till it freezes.

• Like 3

squonk

Can't believe the girls haven't "painted it" yet! 

Church draws inspiration from Partridge Family bus – Danny Bonaduce  Official Website

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

8ntruck

Kinda seems like he woulda learned sumphin' after the first time he stuck it last year.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2

ri702bill

Nah....!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

Kinda seems like he woulda learned sumphin' after the first time he stuck it last year.

Now that's just crazy talk... :ROTF:

• Haha 4

c-series don

Poor Kevin, he really takes a self inflicted beatin here! Doesn’t he? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Like I mentioned in the video.. it’s paid for, and we can’t put it on the road, so why not have fun?  I think I’ll keep my eyes out for some awesome tractor tires and wheels to adapt to it on the cheap!  For the few years we’ve owned it, we’ve only put 10 gallons of fuel in it.  Lots of fun for little money now. :lol:

5 minutes ago, c-series don said:

I can handle it :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 hour ago, c-series don said:

Not as along as he stays away from drills, hammers and ladders and anything else that can injury his body.

• Haha 4

pfrederi

You can borrow my M-37w/w.. may have to tie her to a tree but she will get it out

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 5

8ntruck

:text-yeahthat: Now that sounds like a fun activity!  

Let's see, drive from Mo. to Pa., then Pa. to Mi. at what, 40mph? to help rescue Colleen.  Get it all muddy, 'cause it is probably impossible to get it to the bus without doing 4 or 5 laps of the field.  Pull the bus out, stick the bus again on the way back to the parking lot.  3 or 4 more laps to position the M-37.  Pull the bus out.  The bus is now warmed up, so let's do a lap of the field, 'cause we are out there.  Stick the bus again, more laps with the M-37.....

Well, I guess everybody can pretty much imagine how the rest of the day will go.  Of course, more video would need to be taken. 

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1

pfrederi

Hey she gets at least 10mpg 40m mph is good can do 45   and she has a fresh overhaul on the engine...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
6 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Kevin is an experiential learner, the more experience you have at doing bone-head things the better you become at it. He has only gotten the bus stuck once before so give him time, before long he will perfect the fine art of burying it up to the windows.

Experiential learning is the process of learning through experience, and is more narrowly defined as "learning through reflection on doing". Hands-on learning can be a form of experiential learning, but does not necessarily involve students reflecting on their product. Experiential learning is distinct from rote or didactic learning, in which the learner plays a comparatively passive role. It is related to, but not synonymous with, other forms of active learning such as action learning, adventure learning, free-choice learning, cooperative learning, service-learning, and situated learning.  :ROTF:

• Haha 5
  • Heart 1

WHX??

He just ain't right... glad I ain't gotta be in his body when he turns 64...makes me wanna quit drinkin n smokin so as I could live that long to say I told you so...:lol:

• Haha 8

Pullstart
58 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

makes me wanna quit drinkin n smokin

uhhhh thought you was quitting smoking back in aaaahhhhhh…. plow days month?  What’s that, October?

@953 nut Richard if I were to master sinking the bus down that deep, I’d have more storage for more Wheel Horses!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The Freightliner Guy

kevin i think you need to make it into your version of the diesel brothers freedom bus

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

kevin i think you need to make it into your version of the diesel brothers freedom bus

I’ve seen those videos… I doubt I could get something like that stuck around here!

953 nut
46 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I doubt I could get something like that stuck around here!

Don't sell yourself short Kevin, I'm sure you are capable of figuring out a way to do it.  Monster truck tires just make a deeper hole to attempt to get out of.

• Haha 1

Pullstart

My second attempt a recovery got a bit worse…

• Sad 2

Pullstart
2 hours ago, The Freightliner Guy said:

4 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Don't sell yourself short Kevin, I'm sure you are capable of figuring out a way to do it.  Monster truck tires just make a deeper hole to attempt to get out of.

it’s on tracks now!

• Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

it’s on tracks now!

yeah saw that. snow cat tracks work well

• Like 2