RJC1965

Matt’s foot control

RJC1965

Is Matt going to be making any more of the foot controls for the 520H I could use two of them. One for my loader and one for my snow blower machine. 

rmaynard

I can't recall seeing or hearing anything out of @mattd860 since November 2021.

• Like 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, rmaynard said:

I've seen a few homemade foot controls but is anyone making them for resale nowadays?

RJC1965
Posted (edited)

That’s what I thought should have bought a few yrs ago. Well I may explore trying to make one. With the loader the hand control is a pain. Not so bad on the blower I can live with that. I have seen some nice write ups on here. 

Edited by RJC1965
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, RJC1965 said:

That’s what I thought should have bought a few yrs ago. Well I may explore trying to make one. With the loader the hand control is a pain. Not so bad on the blower I can live with that. I have seen some nice write ups on here. 

My only Hydro is the C160 Automatic I use for plowing snow. 

I've mulled over a foot control on that.  

If I do build one it would be a requirement to keep the original hand lever in place. 

Still under consideration.....

wallfish
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

Yeah, selling ain't as much fun as buying.

He put a boat load of time and energy into that set up and sold quite a few. That was something people wanted and still do.

Probably found out that the few will always ruin it for the many. ( Like that recent thing with Lowell )

• Like 5

mrc

i have personally met matt and bought quite a few of his kits.  i think they are great.   in the first few years of production he was selling quite a few.  then he told me that there were only so many eaton hydro's sold and most of the wh enthusiast's that wanted a foot pedal had already bought a kit and converted.  now it was only sporadic interest.  a few years ago he would make a batch around Christmas and then that it was it for the year.   then he moved to florida and he told me his dad was going to continue production but, i have not heard anything more.

• Like 2

Handy Don

I, too, remain interested in foot control but the cost has been a barrier for me.

Bill D
23 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I've seen a few homemade foot controls but is anyone making them for resale nowadays?

I love to make up some to sell, but I don't have the time.  I'm also concerned about the liability issues.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Bill D
4 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

I, too, remain interested in foot control but the cost has been a barrier for me.

Your still welcome to come up and look at the ones I've made.

• Thanks 1

RJC1965

I kick myself for not getting one awhile back. I may look at trying to make one myself at least for the loader 520H. I see a few others have made some. That will be a summer project. 

davem1111
22 hours ago, Bill D said:

I love to make up some to sell, but I don't have the time.  I'm also concerned about the liability issues.

Same here.  I'm still making minor adjustments to mine, but it was mostly scrap metal I had lying around. The heim joints, threaded stock and the Hillman sleeve were pretty cheap.  Decent welding and getting things at the right angles are the challenge.  But yeah, I could just see selling one and getting sued when the buyer lost control or something. Plus, I don't really have the time either.