Norfolk_Boy

Norfolk_Boy

Hi all, 

Me and a friend have recently got hold of this old 211-3 which we found rotting in a neighbours garden. 

We're looking to restore it to its former glory so I was so pleased to come across this forum. 

We've managed to get the engine running so far and sourced a new seat from Ebay. The next step for us is to get the cutting deck working. 

Can anyone help point me in the right direction as to which belts we need? I contacted a company but they said they need a serial number which we are unable to find on the deck. 

I have attached some pictures, the deck is 36 inches at the widest point. If anyone can help and let me know the best place to buy these parts it would be much appreciated. 

Hopefully I have posted this in the correct section. 

Thanks in advance!

Dan IMG_20231228_140452334_HDR.jpgIMG_20231228_140317313.jpgIMG_20231228_140301321.jpg

• Like 4

Norfolk_Boy

IMG_20231228_140301321.jpg

IMG_20231228_140452334_HDR.jpg

gwest_ca

Some decks listed for the 211-3

• Like 4

Jon Paulsen

:text-welcomeconfetti:to :rs:

• Like 1

Achto

:WRS:

If you happen to have the old belts, you could take them to a hardware store & match them up with some new ones.

• Like 4

WHX??

Get a bunch of belts in the range you think you need. Run the one that fits best and take the others back. We get belts from Tractor Supply. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

:text-welcomeconfetti: from across the pond!  

• Like 1

Brockport Bill

had a 36 inch rear discharge mower deck for awhile -- sweet cutting mower - I use Toro wheel horse online parts site - as well as Partstree.com for parts -- but also for belts I just go to Tractor Supply for convenience - i buy there using belt length measurement spec. For the mower deck depending on how much work and $ expense you could disassemble and sand blast to bare metal then a couple coats of primer, 2 coats top coat -- some new nuts and bolts etc and get a near new mower deck result - see photos of recent deck rehab i did 

wh 42rd. CT 1 top front view For Sale.jpg

wh 42 rd. mower bottom for sale.jpg

wh 42rd side angle view final.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Brockport Bill

here are photos of similar model to yours from the 200 WH Series that my grandson and I did some rehab work on - has similar frame and verticle shaft engine

wh 257h side view.jpg

wh 257h rear view.jpg

• Like 2

Norfolk_Boy

Wow thanks for all the messages guys and making me feel welcome. Some really nice pictures you've shared, you guys have set a high standard. 

Unfortunately I don't have the old belts so we were thinking maybe measuring with a piece of string to get the size right. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

• Like 1

Brockport Bill

belt length -------- i have used this resource link many times for belt length - - everyone may wish to add to their bookmarks favorites -- mower shown here on Red Sq interchange for 211-3 is cross reference mower deck model 05-36xr05 ---belt is #106751 @80x 1/2 deck belt ----- and 106533 @ 40x 1/2 -- both available on partstree.com -- before you spend any $ i suggest you confirm the specs on your own ------------ heres the link once you look up the correct belt number you can determine spec https://outdoorpowerinfo.com/belts/wheel_horse_belts.asp?fbclid=IwAR30E10elLLRa8PlrLjmGTcqSvqLUTNkx01uBu4Kp-fUgu5zy0AW0xHBZOM

• Like 3

Brockport Bill

go on the tool bar here to forums then to implements and attachments  - then open the pdf for Interchange -- then scroll to i think its the year 1986 -- look on horizontal  tool bar for model 211-3 - then side bar to 36 inch mower deck will give you mower deck model number --that model number will lead you on the parts web sites to all the parts you need - including belts

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:Looks loke Bill and Garry have your answers.

• Like 1

WHX??
5 hours ago, Pullstart said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: from across the pond!  

From across the pond? I was thinking he was from Norfolk VA... :hide: 

Goes to show what we have in common with our across the pond brethren. 

Scratch getting belts from TSC then. 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

953 nut

Perhaps one of our European members can help you with a parts source. @meadowfield, @Tractorhead, @Mickwhitt; @ranger can you help out here please.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 2

Pullstart
18 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

From across the pond? I was thinking he was from Norfolk VA... :hide: 

Goes to show what we have in common with our across the pond brethren. 

Scratch getting belts from TSC then. 

Euro plates on the car :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

WHX??
9 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Euro plates on the car :handgestures-thumbupright:

Wow now your not as dumb as the other guys said you are. :ychain: Good eye Kev & attention to detail... you shoulda went in the Navy! :D

BTW the plates are a BEACH BALL! 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

Good eye Kev & attention to detail

I didn't notice the Euro plate, but that box of metric bolts did clue me in.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

Norfolk_Boy

Haha well done guys I am from Norfolk in the East of England. Thank you for all of your help and kind messages 

• Like 1

Mickwhitt

Welcome to the Madhouse Dan.

You will find anything and everything on this truly wonderful site.

These guys and gals have helped me do a ground up restoration of a C-125 which is now road legal and registered, including having the engine rebored and rebuilt.

But they also advised on topics as wide ranging as cookery, electronics and local language quirks.

It really is an Encyclopedia Britanica of a forum.

Belts can be tricky if you don't have one to show the business you go to. Even if you have the old ones, who's to say they are not stretched or too out of shape to measure accurately,  or even that they were the right belts in the first place. 

The best advice came earlier in the thread, find a tame belt supplier you can get a range of sizes from to find the right ones, or better still take the deck along and get them to find the right ones for you. I have a place who did that for me up here. 

Whatever you decide, enjoy your new obsession er .... Hobby,  it's a hobby, completely harmless, not at all addictive, forget I mentioned obsession. My therapist told me negative language is not helpful in such cases. 

1286957001_Wheelhorse1.jpg.d44ea4a2e37971ca450f95a5a348e492.jpg

20201120_144408.jpg.90d5273c8b44e5acae882f3a002be9c6.jpg

My restoration project Fred, in his snow plowing get up.

Best regards Mick 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Haha 2

Pullstart
3 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

Whatever you decide, enjoy your new obsession er .... Hobby,  it's a hobby, completely harmless, not at all addictive, forget I mentioned obsession. My therapist told me negative language is not helpful in such cases. 

And as desolate as a deserted island, more seem to find you if you are looking or not!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Norfolk_Boy

Cheers Mick, fine looking machine you have there. I was just looking at the serial number on mine, am I right in thinking that the last 2 numbers are the year of manufacture? mine is 79

TonyToro Jr.

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Mickwhitt

Dan,  I don't think it's as simple as that as regards the number system.

There are guys on here who can offer much more help than me on that score.

I had to get a letter from Toro to prove the date of manufacture for mine. 

Mick