953 nut

Happy Birthday elcamino/wheelhorse

JPWH

:hbd:

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks for all the jokes and wishes. The only thing I missed on my birthday was a slice of fruit cake. For those of us on the down hill slide of life who were born in December birthday days were not celebrated due to " Christmas is coming , be thankful for the things you got , here eat some more fruit cake , we don't have money for everything " . Fruit cake was a treat as it had fruit and nuts , which were not an everyday staple in my parents house and it was made in November and soaked with moonshine . A extremely thin slice would get a kid high with one bite.

• Like 1
  • Heart 4

TonyToro Jr.

:occasion-birthdaymulticolor:

JAinVA

Jim, Happy birthday. Did the Pred come home to roost?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@JAinVA  No pred, decided to get Richmond red to rebuild the Kohler after it died.  He pulled it apart and found that the rod did a number on the cylinder apron. Luckly he had a spare block so it is visiting his machinist for 10 over bore and crank work. Figure that after 51 years the 8 hp Kohler had lived it useful life. rather spend the money on the rebuild than monkeying what ifs and what next to get everything working so a Pred would handle mower duties. Now I have been tracing a shipment of spindles for the 36 inch rd deck. They shipped from Pa. on 12/14, arrived at the USPS regional distribution  center for Richmond (located in Sandston about 15 miles from the house) on 12/17. The box has travelled all over the city and as of today 12/29 I still don't have them. I have gotten 14 emails from USPS about the shipment. I wonder what shape the spindles will be in if I ever get them.  Life in Waldo world. How have you been doing ?

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Went few Day's offline

SO Happy Birthday even I'm late.

🎁🎈

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@elcamino/wheelhorse  glad you are on board , happy birthday , pete