WHX??

Now you know why...

Ed Kennell

It's Jimbos fault.     One of my New Years Resolutions was to never respond to these controversial social media posts.      I tried for 23 hours and just caved in.  It's Jimbos fault.

1.  USPS or USPLOS       We are all tired of shipping parts when the shipping cost is more than the part and filling our landfills with unopened junk mail.

The easy solution.   Charge the same rate to all customers.     In 2022 the bulk mail was 90%  (2.5 Trillion pounds) of the mail load and contributed only 10% of the revenue.

2. Facebook

I was lucky and did not see the sad exchange about Lowell.   

I belong to quite a few GROUPS on Facebook.   I get notifications when there is a post on these groups.   Some I belong to...WH Parts,  Gburg College Band Parents, (grandson)

S.M. Smith reinventing the wheel ( company I retired from), Delaware Bay, Chesapeake Bay, Conowingo Basin, Local Lakes  (fishing reports). etc.

Like the Red Square Forum, nearly all the comments and replys are cordial and helpful

I use Facebook Market place and Red Square for most of my buy/sell activities and have had very little problems.

About a month ago this non runner popped up on my FBMP 55 minutes from me for $275.    I saw a good looking 42" SD and sealed the deal for $175.  The owner just wanted it out of his garage so he could get his car in.

Got a like new deck and a 700 hour 310-8 that had a jammed clutch damper.

I guess my message is  ..... use the good and ignore the bad.

104_2691.JPG.473df30793f35181d4f99f89aff67ed4.JPG

Sorry for breaking my New Years resolution......It's Jimbos fault.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

whtractors24
On 12/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, WHX?? said:

I don't Face Book religiously. I primarily set up an account more to follow my Submarine brethren and my interest in old Navy ships and WWII stuff and historical aircraft. 

Naturally I found some  :wh: sites but this one really had my goat.

Some guy had the stones to actually call Lowell and Wheel Horse Parts n More a scammer.  Many responses there that are no longer visible but the majority of us stuck up with Lowell.  

Turned out Lowell had researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center and no fault of the vendor. You guys know how the USPS can be. 

Anyway this guy slandered Lowell's operation before knowing any facts and its this kinda BS that leads me to believe you can have your FB crap and stuff it @AMC RULES. Don't worry bro i still love you.

It's just these idiots that you hang out with.

Bob Maynard  knows what I am yaking about. 

I read the entire thread on Facebook. amcrules comment was all in favor for Lowell . Maybe you took that the wrong way . Lowell is a stand up guy and hard to say otherwise . 

Edited by whtractors24
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don
13 hours ago, Mickwhitt said:

And I thought I was good at packing parcels, that one us a beauty!

Can't believe the guy git huffy about something he was getting for free!

Facebook is just a great way for ignorant A-holes to show the world just how arrogant, ignorant and downright nasty they can be. I leave it to them as I value my mental health. Lol  

I was once told:

“It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Applies to many social media situations, too.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 6

Mrs. Rules
15 hours ago, Sparky said:

Yep, I saw all that drama yesterday. The guy actually posted his same rant on a couple different FB tractor groups. It was nice to see Lowell’s response with the facts. 

Hi Mike- since you are talking about facts- can we please confirm that Craig only said one sentence to the guy attacking Lowell- telling him that he must be mistaken because he knows Lowell wouldn’t do that before the guy went off on him?   Not sure how the fake news got started but it’s not cool.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Sparky
8 hours ago, Mrs. Rules said:

Hi Mike- since you are talking about facts- can we please confirm that Craig only said one sentence to the guy attacking Lowell- telling him that he must be mistaken because he knows Lowell wouldn’t do that before the guy went off on him?   Not sure how the fake news got started but it’s not cool.

I wish I knew exactly what was said/posted…but there was no doubt Craig’s short message was defending Lowell. 

• Like 1

rjg854

Sent a package to my son through USPS on Monday and he texted me this morning that he got it yesterday. It was a good size package and it went from here in the Finger Lakes to D.C..  l got a muffler from Jim that I got in 2 days.  N.Y. must have a good P.O..  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
11 hours ago, Mrs. Rules said:

can we please confirm that Craig only said one sentence to the guy attacking Lowell-

Hi Linda... Yes Madge stuck up for Lowell. All of the guys I know from here did too. 

Funny thing was the guy claiming scammer got slammed big time and towards the end had his tail tucked between is legs it seems. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

wallfish
12 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

It's Jimbos fault.     One of my New Years Resolutions was to never respond to these controversial social media posts.      I tried for 23 hours and just caved in.  It's Jimbos fault.

Hey Ed, do you think it's all Jimbo's fault or not? :ROTF:

• Haha 4

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

Excellent story!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??

It is Sylvia... totally unexpected.

Here's another one. 

'Bout a week and a half ago this guy...on FB... not a :wh: collector/restorer comes upon a garage sale with tubs of horse parts in it so he buys them. Goes on a FB horse site and offers them up for sale. 

So I spy a one piece 701/702 one piece tank... no dash but not a deal.breaker... and the hens teeth 702/753 steering wheel. 

I him haw abit and he him haws abit but then comes back with a counter offer substantially LOWER than what I offered. 

Deal I says thinkin in case my 502 tank sealing procedure goes south. 

I get the stuff BEFORE he gets my check. 

Tank is choice but steering wheel has a bent spoke but totally restorable. Hellofa nice guy. 

So since my 502 tank sealing was successful I may pass the stuff on unless @Achto has a use. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

Achto
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

So since my 502 tank sealing was successful I may pass the stuff on unless @Achto has a use. 

Might stop by on Saturday, will have to check out what you got. :thumbs2:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

OK hold on here before we put down everybody on FB.

Yep, Most are good people to deal with....Just ignore the jerks.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Yep, Most are good people to deal with....Just ignore the jerks.

Spot on Ed. 

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

In my humble opinion the generations of Americans have now had the drive up mentality embedded in their psyche!   “Have it your way” and “you deserve a break today” have distorted peoples understanding of the real world. 

Things go wrong, ask questions , respect others when you are not sure 🤔 what happened and want to know    So easy to have a hissy fit when you don’t get your way.    Quick delivery of items by trucks to your doorstep is just an extension of the drive up and the have it your way.  

Social media platforms made it easy to post your way of looking at the world.  But the quick, unfiltered delivery 🚚 of messages without caring for the consequences still leaves marks and traces of the person you have become and the harm you have perpetuated.

I recall helping Lowell when he first started making his great lift cables for the various model Wheel Horse tractors.  Lowell makes them better than Wheel Horse or Toro did and they should outlast the tractor.   When I saw the quality I was impressed.  I bought some.  When he wanted help I helped him.  He sent me a couple free cables for helping.  

I saw the post on the site disparaging Lowell and his business and was disappointed and upset.  But I knew the post was made with the drive up/get it you way mentality that has changed the way people act.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHX??

Well said Lane. You run for president I'd vote for ya. :lol:

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 2

squonk

Main problem there is just a bunch of scammers everywhere in every walk of like, Tractors ,cars, toys, electronics, you name it. Folks all over buying stuff up and trying to make a quick buck flipping everything. And that's how they get through life instead of a real job

I had a bunch of model train stuff for sale last summer. I kept getting people calling me a scammer because I wanted to be paid Pay pal friends and family. Apparently these people got scammed before. OK I started asking for more in the price to cover fees to give the sale PP protection. 

Not to defend this guy who posted about Lowell, but maybe this guy got scammed for real before. 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

wallfish
17 minutes ago, squonk said:

Main problem there is just a bunch of scammers everywhere in every walk of like, Tractors ,cars, toys, electronics, you name it. Folks all over buying stuff up and trying to make a quick buck flipping everything. And that's how they get through life instead of a real job

I had a bunch of model train stuff for sale last summer. I kept getting people calling me a scammer because I wanted to be paid Pay pal friends and family. Apparently these people got scammed before. OK I started asking for more in the price to cover fees to give the sale PP protection. 

Not to defend this guy who posted about Lowell, but maybe this guy got scammed for real before. 

Everyone has their guard up now because 50% of the people are out to scam the other 50%

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Treepep
On 12/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, WHX?? said:

I don't Face Book religiously. I primarily set up an account more to follow my Submarine brethren and my interest in old Navy ships and WWII stuff and historical aircraft. 

Naturally I found some  :wh: sites but this one really had my goat.

Some guy had the stones to actually call Lowell and Wheel Horse Parts n More a scammer.  Many responses there that are no longer visible but the majority of us stuck up with Lowell.  

Turned out Lowell had researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center and no fault of the vendor. You guys know how the USPS can be. 

Anyway this guy slandered Lowell's operation before knowing any facts and its this kinda BS that leads me to believe you can have your FB crap and stuff it @AMC RULES. Don't worry bro i still love you.

It's just these idiots that you hang out with.

Bob Maynard  knows what I am yaking about. 

Perspective I think...  I have an order from them since June.  No idea when it will get here and they have no idea when they will receive form their vendor.  All parties are civil and AWARE.  Not a big deal at all.

People... Some of them are seemingly impossible!

• Like 5

WHX??

Bet ya if ya asked Joette for a refund you'd have it toot sweet Tree. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Treepep
17 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Bet ya if ya asked Joette for a refund you'd have it toot sweet Tree. 

Yes sir I am certain of that.  I don't want a refund.  I want what I ordered. 

One could effectively argue that regardless of site if it is not actually for sale (available)  then it should not be on your respective site for sale.  

NOT the case as we all know.  "Sure we will take your order/money"  then... Out of stock...  What the heck!

I have bought and sold a lot.  I have never sold something I didn't have!

That being said I trust and respect our fellow members/vendors so not an issue... Here :lol:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Lane Ranger

I waited for four months for bushings, bearings and oil seals for a RJ transmission rebuild that was not the sellers issue.  Their suppliers did not have as they had none in stock for a while.  I knew however that Joette would bird dog these parts until I got them which I did.

Lowell is a supplier of parts many of which he does not have on the shelf.   Even at McDonald's they don't always have everything on the drive up menu ready to serve.

• Like 2

Lagersolut

I've been buying parts online and from vendors here for years - I've had a few things go sideways but it was always on the shipping side - my first rule is not to get excited - if it has tracking and it's held up at a PO dist center -certainly can't blame the seller, but a few do- the minute something doesn't go their way they blow up . Sold an enclosed aluminum 8x10 trailer years ago , had a guy here to look at it I had to kick off my property -he had me nervous (making threats)  all the pistols were in the safe ( never again ) finally stomped down to his car and left - the amount of nonsense I had to deal with on that item overall was off the chain.

Had a part I ordered on Flea Bay seller was in the same state - part disappears after it's shipped - calmly contacted the seller we both agreed PO  screwed up again lets ride it out a few weeks - a little time goes by the tracking picked it up again - by this time me and the seller are messaging each other laughing - part to to Philadelphia - then Harrisburg ( usually the last stop before my local PO ) next my part goes to NJ - then to NY - literally took the tour of the entire Northeast - I finally got it month or so later after it disappeared

Why is there a group out there that doesn't understand these things are not the sellers fault ?

• Like 4

ebinmaine
11 minutes ago, Lagersolut said:

Why is there a group out there that doesn't understand these things are not the sellers fault ?

That could be answered by a thousand different people a thousand different ways 

• Like 3

Lagersolut
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

That could be answered by a thousand different people a thousand different ways 

I dread putting an item on Facebook market , simply from the nonsense I've dealt  with in the past - my last item was Dads Simplicity tractor - 1st guy to come was a good guy professional electrician by trade - was asking a 1000 he offered 900 - although my phone was blowing up with interest I took it - simply because he was a serious buyer and it was a done deal out the door with no BS . He came an hour later with the trailer wife and kids picked it up - wanted to teach his younger son to mow/help on something smaller than his diesel Kabota . I like when things go easy and well :)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2