WHX??

Now you know why...

WHX??

I don't Face Book religiously. I primarily set up an account more to follow my Submarine brethren and my interest in old Navy ships and WWII stuff and historical aircraft. 

Naturally I found some  :wh: sites but this one really had my goat.

Some guy had the stones to actually call Lowell and Wheel Horse Parts n More a scammer.  Many responses there that are no longer visible but the majority of us stuck up with Lowell.  

Turned out Lowell had researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center and no fault of the vendor. You guys know how the USPS can be. 

Anyway this guy slandered Lowell's operation before knowing any facts and its this kinda BS that leads me to believe you can have your FB crap and stuff it @AMC RULES. Don't worry bro i still love you.

It's just these idiots that you hang out with.

Bob Maynard  knows what I am yaking about. 

Edited by WHX??
Speeling
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

ebinmaine

I respect the desire to keep up with your old buddies. 

I've thought about setting up a FB for friends and family...

Nope. 

And that's why....

Me. 

Social media.  

Redsquare. 

ONLY.  

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Sad story... Not a surprise... No FB here... 

Lowell is good people... :(

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, c-series don said:

One thing I noticed there is the people can be downright nasty to one another. 

:text-yeahthat:

• Like 2

Sparky
10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Naturally I found some  :wh: sites but this one really had my goat.

Some guy had the stones to actually call Lowell and Wheel Horse Parts n More a scammer.  Many responses there that are no longer visible but the majority of us stuck up with Lowell.  

Turned out Lowell had researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center and no fault of the vendor. You guys know how the USPS can be. 

Anyway this guy slandered Lowell's operation before knowing any facts and its this kinda BS that leads me to believe you can have your FB crap and stuff it 

Yep, I saw all that drama yesterday. The guy actually posted his same rant on a couple different FB tractor groups. It was nice to see Lowell’s response with the facts. 

• Like 5

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

Lowell’s response with the facts. 

Gotta defend one's self/business  even online nowadays.  

Good that they're able to. 

• Like 2

953 nut
10 hours ago, WHX?? said:

researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center

My wife is on facebook all the time and is constantly aggravated about the stupid reposting people do, who cares what someone you don't even know is having for lunch anyway!  I let her filter out the junk and she shows me posts from my family members. 

When it comes to shipping I have Been there,  Done that.  I was responding new member on here on here who needed a couple of seals I had a bunch of for a Kohler. Got his address and put them in one of those padded USPS approved shipping envelopes. I didn't charge him for the seals and I even paid for the shipping.  Well the tracking indicated that they made it to the USPS hub in Greenville SC and never went any further. Guy gets all huffey with me about the whole thing, sends a couple PMs that weren't too nice, even posts a nastygram on here (moderators took it down in no time :text-thankyouyellow:). When it was apparent that the post office wasn't going to deliver the seals I packed up a couple more seals and packaged them in a manner that even the post office couldn't screw-up. He got them in two days and was never heard from again on Red Square. 

102_3347.JPG.575bc4f565eb48e38cd41523925c72b4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Heart 1

Mickwhitt

And I thought I was good at packing parcels, that one us a beauty!

Can't believe the guy git huffy about something he was getting for free!

Facebook is just a great way for ignorant A-holes to show the world just how arrogant, ignorant and downright nasty they can be. I leave it to them as I value my mental health. Lol  

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

squonk

I have pretty much been in the "parts side" of business since 94. I have over 200 vendors in my book at work. You don't keep a hospital running by driving down to Lowes. I know who to call for what. We needed a steam pressure regulator the other day for an emergency and got it within hours. I also have "fired" vendors for various reasons also. 

I Love Lowell and Joette and the kids. Good people. I had an issue a while back when I ordered something and it didn't come. Called Joette personally and it was discovered it was lost in USPS. She sent another part and it was all good. She told me her USPS office was terrible there. USPS seems to be a continuing theme. Seems to me the solution is to "fire" USPS and Try maybe UPS. I think I've had 2 issues with them all these years. Sure they cost more. So charge more for shipping. 

Funny thing. USPS gets bashed. I sent our dear late friend Stormin in England a valve and a belt. I was kind of nervous sending stuff across the pond. Norm got the parts in less than 10 days. I couldn't believe it. 

• Like 7

rmaynard
11 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Bob Maynard  knows what I am yaking about. 

I see that the FB thread has been deleted, but I don't care who you are, you don't have the right to disparage another person or business. This is what's wrong with society today. FB allows people the opportunity to be a bully and not have to show their face. Obviously this person has no idea what it is like to run a business. Compared to Lowell, my little brake lining business is peanuts. I have a great reputation on eBay, but there is always that one buyer, who because of no fault of my own, and the never ending issues with shipping, wants the world to think that I am a terrible seller. Therefore, when I saw the post about Lowell being a scam, I had to react. Those of us who know Lowell, know that he is anything but a scammer. 

Keep up your good work Lowell.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

WHX??
12 hours ago, c-series don said:

One thing I noticed there is the people can be downright nasty to one another. I immediately think you won’t see that on Red Square, and if you do those people quickly get put in their place  

Hope that means I don't have to quit dissing the Sqounky or RJG ? :D

• Haha 8

Achto
12 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Turned out Lowell had researched his order and it was hung up in some USPS center and no fault of the vendor

Lemme guess... USPS lost the package at their Oak Creek WI facility?? From what I here that facility has turned into a black hole this last month.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

WHX??
4 minutes ago, Achto said:

USPS lost the package at their Oak Creek WI facility?? 

Prolly where my volt meter for the 502 and a 702 tank and steering wheel is. :eusa-think:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I am not going to grip about any of our vendors, BUT USPS sucks. I get all my RXs from the Va.  I order thru the Va Portal and usually get my refills in 5 days via USPS from the regional pharmacy in Charleston S.C. Placed an order for a refill, pharmacy gave it to USPS on 11/30/2023, it finally arrived on 12/8/2023, it wandered around Richmond for 5 days.  Placed an order with a company. It was delivered to USPS in Pa. on 12/12/2023, I have the tracking number and have been following it for a week now, it is still roaming around Richmond.  The story gets better we have had so many delivery problems (one local subdivision has not gotten mail in 10 days), Local city officials set up a meeting with USPS to discuss the problems at the last-minute USPS said they were not going to meet. Now 2 Congressmen and both Senators have requested answers. So if you are expecting any presents from Santa via USPS good luck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

elcamino/wheelhorse
13 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Hope that means I don't have to quit dissing the Sqounky or RJG ? :D

be careful you may end up on the " messing with Squonk list "

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mike'sHorseBarn

The only reason I still do Facebook is because of Marketplace and using FB messenger to see my sister and her kids on the other side of the country. I saw that post yesterday and that guy was wayyy out of line. I'm used to dealing with that kind of stuff though. In my job I deal with the general public everyday and those kind of interactions happen almost every day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

ClassicTractorProfessor

I saw that post as well, I’ve threatened many times to delete FB for reasons exactly like that. Only reason I keep it is for my daily scan through Marketplace looking for another deal (though I think that reason is why Courtney wishes I would delete it :lol:)

• Haha 5

8ntruck

I'm another non-Facebook user.  My wife has an account that she uses to keep tabs on the family.  She very rarely posts anything on it.

I'm on this forum, a toy train forum, and a R/C boat forum.  All carefully chosen mainly for the friendly climate with the other forum members.

I've often stumbled into various forums when doing internet searches on other subjects.  A lot of them seemed to be populated by rude folks who seem to need to criticize, berate, and otherwise run down other's ideas.  I have no desire to join into an environment like that.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

ML3

I don't do Facebook or anything like that. I'm on this forum & that's it. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

CCW

Not to fully defend USPS but some local post offices have been told to prioritize the packages from the GIANT jungle vendor which means much of the regular mail is left sitting.  There was an article in the Washington Post this past November 28th.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

ri702bill
2 hours ago, CCW said:

Not to fully defend USPS but some local post offices have been told to prioritize the packages from the GIANT jungle vendor which means much of the regular mail is left sitting.  There was an article in the Washington Post this past November 28th.

Soooo ... If you get the Washington Post delivered by USPS, I suppose the November 28th edition should be arriving soon.... ! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 5

953 nut
4 hours ago, CCW said:

post offices have been told to prioritize the packages from the GIANT jungle vendor

Spoke to our postman the other day and he said that even though the JUNGLE has a distribution center six miles from our post office most of the shipments from them go to the post office for "Last Mile" delivery. He had been back to the post office twice to reload because of the volume of packages they were dumping on the loading dock. Seems that the JUNGLE has a sweetheart deal worked out that is less costly than delivering themselves. :angry-tappingfoot:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??
9 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

is because of Marketplace and using FB

8 hours ago, ClassicTractorProfessor said:

daily scan through Marketplace looking for another deal

OK you guys are busted for trolling for more tractors... you know I would never do that but keep yer eye out for a nice Panzer... :hide:

5 hours ago, CCW said:

some local post offices have been told to prioritize the packages from the GIANT jungle

Um ahh ... postmaster driving a new Caddy by any chance? 

OK gotta get on a box here:soapbox: ... how many times have I told you guys NOT to order crap off fleabay when the location says speed pak from China? 502 voltmeter is on a slow boat that just got torpedoed... What's worse is the same volt meter is in Georgia... for a lousy buck more! Whatschamatta wif you? :hide: 

OK off the box whilst I go cuss out @wheelhorseman for not carrying volt meters... :ychain:

17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

packages they were dumping on the loading dock

Maybe dropping batteries on the heads of porch pirates from drones ain't such a bad idea? 

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

8ntruck

I've noticed USPS vans out making deliveries on Sundays.  I seem to remember reading somewhere that USPS is doing Sunday deliveries for the jungle site.

Disclaimer here - I am writing about this using remembered sources and my memory is not as good as it once was.  Please fact check this for yourself before you take it for gospel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1