WHX??

Now you know why...

Gasaholic
On 12/22/2023 at 11:46 AM, wallfish said:

Everyone has their guard up now because 50% of the people are out to scam the other 50%

Yup! Even on here- I got an email from some guy purporting to be from Montana (even sent me photocopies of his driver's license and passport, which got my Bulls**t meter on high alert!) and said he'd buy the snowblower I have up for sale.. Things were coming along nicely until he said "OK I'll be sending you a cashier's check for $1950, the leftover will go to the shipper that I'm sending to pick up the snowblower - he is picking up a trailer too in another part of P.A., and you can keep an extra couple hundred for yourself" ... 

That is a big fat NOPE! No deal. 

That was my reply, and haven't heard a peep back ever since. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

wallfish
24 minutes ago, Gasaholic said:

That was my reply, and haven't heard a peep back ever since. 

A lot of cons and scams are based on using someone's greed against them. The greedy tend to fall for those types of scams.

There was an old movie called The Flim Flam Man with George C Scott that I watched as a kid. That lesson kinda stuck with me.

• Like 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Lagersolut said:

I dread putting an item on Facebook market , simply from the nonsense I've dealt  with in the past - my last item was Dads Simplicity tractor - 1st guy to come was a good guy professional electrician by trade - was asking a 1000 he offered 900 - although my phone was blowing up with interest I took it - simply because he was a serious buyer and it was a done deal out the door with no BS . He came an hour later with the trailer wife and kids picked it up - wanted to teach his younger son to mow/help on something smaller than his diesel Kabota . I like when things go easy and well :)

I'd sooner GIVE AWAY an item to the right person than offer a 1% discount to a @$$(×>%,÷&+_^@  

• Like 2

Handy Don
35 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I'd sooner GIVE AWAY an item to the right person than offer a 1% discount to a @$$(×>%,÷&+_^@ 

Don't hold back, now. Let us know how you feel about this. :)

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Don't hold back, now. Let us know how you feel about this. :)

That was pretty much it.  😂😂😂

• Haha 2

Ed Kennell

I like it when a buyer drives a hundred mile and shows up with a big truck pulling a trailer.      Then says I'll give you  $200 less.  I don't answer, just smile till he pulls all the cash out of his bank withdraw envelope  :rolleyes:.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

I like it when a buyer drives a hundred mile and shows up with a big truck pulling a trailer.      Then says I'll give you  $200 less.  I don't answer, just smile till he pulls all the cash out of his bank withdraw envelope  :rolleyes:.

Yep.  

I haven't sold anything to a person I don't know (other than on Redsquare) in years.  

I'd usually put right in the ad. The price is firm and fair. 

Still got dingbats asking to take a lowball but then I'd ask if they'd read the ad. 

• Like 2

Lagersolut
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

On the other end of the spectrum I listed a walk behind snowblower few years ago - never liked it wasn’t heavy enough esp if the snow was a little wet - plus I scored a tall shoot  for the 416 - listed in August to get it out of my shed/way - never even expected a call - Add wasn’t up an hour - guy calls still have it - yep -  says he can be here in 1/2 hour - backed the trailer up the driveway - handed me the full price …. I ask you don’t want to hear it run ? … nope I’m good he says - pushed it on the trailer strapped it down -  up the road he went ….250 for a 12 15 year old  MTD blower flew out the D way in August .. go figure 

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 3

WHX??
Posted (edited)

Here's another good one. Couple of days ago @Mike'sHorseBarn tips me off on a all orginal unmolested

1267 he wants for a decent price. Real local to boot. 

Mike & I talk and I says I'm just gonna go get it before something bad happens to it. We'll fight over who keeps it later as long as we know it's safe. 

Seller has not a clue as to what he has and I suspect not right in other aspects. 

Told seller be ther on the 11th to get it.

Other FB idiots chime in to prove how stupid they are about horses. 

This clown messages me back to say he's not selling but yet still has it up for sale for 999... up from 450. 

Screenshot_20240109_120823_Messenger.jpg

The seat was nice but not gold infused.  

Edited by WHX??
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Lagersolut
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, WHX?? said:

Here's another good one. Couple of days ago @Mike'sHorseBarn tips me off on a all orginal unmolested

1267 he wants for a decent price. Real local to boot. 

Mike & I talk and I says I'm just gonna go get it before something bad happens to it. We'll fight over who keeps it later as long as we know it's safe. 

Seller has not a clue as to what he has and I suspect not right in other aspects. 

Told seller be ther on the 11th to get it.

Other FB idiots chime in to prove how stupid they are about horses. 

This clown messages me back to say he's not selling but yet still has it up for sale for 999... up from 450. 

Screenshot_20240109_120823_Messenger.jpg

The seat was nice but not gold infused.  

You really have no idea how many people out there are experts at everything ( Jack of all trades master of none  ) until you deal with Facebook . 

I belong to a community page wont  even ask or answer questions anymore  I’ve been hauling fuel /filling tanks 23 years - driving truck 36 - I made the mistake of trying to help a few out with home fuel/tank related issues - let me just say your tractor experts are fuel storage and delivery experts also  … need a doctor lawyer electrician plumber they have it all covered .. lol 

Edited by Lagersolut
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

WHX??

So how does a guy respond?

My outer self wants to tell the seller what a moron he is and give him a bad review. Thing that ticks me is I was prepared to go get it and his asking price.

My inner self says let it slide and maybe Mike and I get another crack at it down the road. 

I'll go see if I can :ph34r: some pics for you canaries. 

Guess the guy ain't as dumb as he looks ... told him to take the ad off if not willing to sell and not just put some stupid price on it ... he did... unless he sold it for that price ... sorry Mike we win some we lose some. 

Sure ain't like we do it here in classifieds.  

Edited by WHX??

Rick3478

Life's too short.  If you thought he was a flake, trust your gut.  My theory is to just walk away, try to stay factual with feedback.  He can find a sucker somewhere else or let it rust into the ground before figuring out he should have taken the deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

This almost always happens to me on marketplace. Except now I got t stuck in my head that I need a 1267 :D

I really appreciate you trying anyway!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ML3

All the above situations are just one more reason I don't do Facebook.  I'm sure I've missed out on some purchases but in reality I probably don't need more junk anyway.  Craigslist is just as bad, maybe worse?? 

I've mostly had good experiences buying/selling, however I definitely make sure I've made my intentions clear!  My 654 was for sale on Craigslist. 2hr trip- one way. I went to see it & later that week the seller delivered it for $50! 

When Buckeyes sold me the the 3 tractors that was so easy. 1st of all he's only 15min away from me. He gave me what I thought was more than fair prices on all them. I didn't have to travel or take time off work. Fuel, lost wages, etc. 

• Like 3

WHX??
9 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Except now I got t stuck in my head that I need a 1267 :D

And a 1257 and a 855 and a 702... couple a RJs... a Senior 

Well the guy thinks you have a museum now Mike! :laughing-rolling:

Screenshot_20240110_074038_Messenger.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

@WHX??  I guess for him I could but he might not like my admission fee 😂