peter lena

bolt type for movement swing

peter lena

https://www.google.com/search?q=5%2F16+%2C+bolts&sca_esv=591223588&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS866US866&sxsrf=AM9HkKlkluQv4FiVEUIqv8UK3Y5tM9jiyg%3A17026520821vssid=uvpv-713&ip=1 often refer to attachment swing lever connections , the upper end smooth , unthreaded area , is what you want to enhance movement ease , use flat washers on either side , to firm up smooth easy lubricated connection , hold that setting with an elastic lock nut . especially good , application on the plow squeeze lever set up . lets you dial in a perfect swing . eliminate , any play in the squeeze lever , connection wire , small channel locks , really snugs up the end mounting holes , lube , verify as you set it up . only a suggestion , Pete

• Like 1

Pullstart

Shoulder bolts?

• Like 2

ebinmaine
17 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Shoulder bolts?

10 hours ago, 953 nut said:

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/screws/shoulder-screws~/           Just click on the McMaster-Carr link and pick out the size you need.

McMaster Carr is GREAT. 

I've been buying most of my hardware from Bolt Depot in Hingham Mass for a few years now. 

Service is top notch. 

Prices very competitive.  

Selection excellent. 

As to what @peter lena is posting. 

I remember several years ago, the second season we set up for plowing snow I think. I noticed the mount holes in the rock shaft of a tractor were oval from years of use. 

Wanting to eliminate the possibility of future breakage I decided to modify the mount for the Solid Link to the plow frame. 

I found a bolt that has enough round area near the head with NO threads that it would pass through the rock shaft and piece of flat stock which was the link. 

Added washers on both sides and tightened up until just before it stopped movement. 

Side to side and twisting motion was nearly eliminated.  

The whole rig was less noisy and had better control than before.  

• Like 2

peter lena

@Pullstart  . @953 nut  , similar to a shoulder bolt in top end of  bolt threading , smooth / round , in a hex bolt top form ,  thats allowing for containment for easy movement , of what you are holding . have that in 3 movement points of the , plow lever end points. smooth movement is held in place with ,elastic lock nut , eliminating movement drag in that area. try to get a picture , Pete 

• Like 2