Pullstart

It’s a sad day

rmaynard
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

No, we didn’t remove the cord for safety.  It was violently ripped away from it by a very young small child!

That child must have learned the value of copper early.

I learned from the phone repairman that you can dial a "locked" rotary phone just by pressing the buttons in the cradle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

JoeM

Not sure it is sad news.

Pullstart can put that to good use.

Just an better tool in the box. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine

I've always had Android devices so I don't know if this holds true for Apple stuff:

One of the things I had to learn the hard way when I first got a smartphone was ALWAYS ALWAYS shut the screen OFF before you put it away.

Even with that, I had to start using a lock screen because it would "contact"  itself open somehow... and then go off willy-nilly doing whatever it wanted to...

😂

Years ago I knew somebody that had a phone that would shut off within just a few seconds if they didn't keep their finger right on the screen the whole time. I can see the desired safety aspect about that but I found it very annoying.

There are two people in my life to this day that I've watched quite a few times putting an open lit phone right into their pocket. I'm not sure if it's because they have severe intestinal fortitude or severe absent-mindedness or both.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Good news all you die hards!  (FYI my iPad auto corrected that to “did yards” and I can’t wait to teach my new phone all the tractor lingo! :lol:)  I am having technical difficulty setting up my new phone.  If anyone noticed how physically broken my dino phone is (the flipper is broken and crooked), it is still receiving calls when it wants to, and I can hear you most the time!

• Haha 1
  • Heart 1

SylvanLakeWH
47 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Those are my favorite!  I’ve gotten some pretty good intel from butt dials in the past :ph34r:

:scared-eek:

• Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Squirrely Shirley hangs out here to remind me,  You gotta have some nads to not follow the flock.

104_2640.JPG.c874932447a242735d780b5a9d2bc957.JPG

image.jpeg.d129ad154241160eeab7e4c8b29cc1c4.jpeg

• Haha 5

953 nut
20 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

If anyone noticed how physically broken my dino phone is (the flipper is broken and crooked), it is still receiving calls when it wants to, and I can hear you most the time!

If they were able to repair Lee Major in the "Six Million Dollar Man" TV show ($ 28 Billion in today's money) I'm sure your trusty flipper can be saved.

• Haha 3

JoeM
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

I'm sure your trusty flipper can be saved

You can still buy them. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

When I finally retired my flip phone is when the butt dials began. 

Those are my favorite!  I’ve gotten some pretty good intel from butt dials in the past

From what I've heard Kevin's but call can be lethal.              :jaw:            Oh,   you were talking about telephone butt calls,         never mind.      :hide:

• Haha 4

Pullstart
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

From what I've heard Kevin's but call can be lethal.              :jaw:            Oh,   you were talking about telephone butt calls,         never mind.      :hide:

You ain’t wrong, Mr. Richard!  Many can claim to “butt dial” a lot, but I can clear a room full of bearded men pretty easily!  My poor wife… she’s a saint!

• Haha 5

squonk

Wtf communicator star trek GIF - Find on GIFER

• Haha 6

Ed Kennell
20 minutes ago, JoeM said:

You can still buy them. 

Are you sure Joe.        When my 3g flipper was about to be unsupported, I went to our local electronics store (BEST BUY) to replace it with a 5g flipper.

The young Geek Squad salesman just laughed, said they no longer exist and began his pitch to sell me one of his $1000 smart phones.

A young female salesperson realizing I was not buying his pitch, called me aside and took me to a case where they had discontinued products and found this $9.95 4G flipper.

She said, don't lose it...It is the last one.

104_2638.JPG.c7c16e61d1397286dd79205702796aca.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Haha 3

WHX??

I am having technical difficulty setting up my new phone.

Don't you have some girls that are wizards at it?

• Haha 4

JoeM
26 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Are you sure Joe. 

It has been a while since I looked . Maybe not.

• Like 2

Pullstart
21 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Don't you have some girls that are wizards at it?

I see one off to work and two off to school.  It’s a lonely day at the ranch :lol:

• Haha 4

Kenneth R Cluley

As I tell everyone when i fumble through my SMART phone, I'm just an analog guy stuck in a digital world!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Heart 2

JoeM

there are a bunch of geezer phones on e bay  

I was surprised. 

image.png.1efec62d0c1dcfd999e2298309ad2c28.png

• Haha 4

Pullstart

Here I am googling how to shut my smart phone off.  Brain cells diminishing faster than battery.  :confusion-helpsos:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pullstart

Look what I can do!

IMG_0003.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

SylvanLakeWH
1 minute ago, Pullstart said:

Look what I can do!

IMG_0003.jpeg

Uhm Kevin... that big red thing? You know, the one in the picture that won't fit in your pocket...? It's not a smart phone... :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

squonk

I see one off to work and two off to school.  It’s a lonely day at the ranch :lol:

Send one to @elcamino/wheelhorse and show him how to use SKYPE! :lol: And another to rake his leaves! :hilarious:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk I would use Skype but then I would see your face and have to wash my eyes with Clorox. Be nice or the next time I see you I will throw the flip phone at the back of your head. Look up Kyocera flip phones.

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 4

The Freightliner Guy
2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Here I am googling how to shut my smart phone off.  Brain cells diminishing faster than battery.  :confusion-helpsos:

i know i know it can be tough just have to get used to it its the button on the right the long one not the two short ones :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Haha 3

squonk

I carry an old I-phone 4 I believe around at work. It's the shop phone. The 2nd shift guy lost his voice to cancer and refused to get one of those voice box thingies. The switchboard communicates with him by text on this phone. Building alarms come thru by text as well so if something happens he gets the alarm. Well I get the alarms as well when I have the phone.  Yesterday when I picked up the phone I noticed an unread text. I read the text and it read "Are you here?" I answered it "No." I would have like to see the reaction when they read my answer. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Treepep
4 hours ago, Pullstart said:

Good news all you die hards!  (FYI my iPad auto corrected that to “did yards” and I can’t wait to teach my new phone all the tractor lingo! :lol:)  I am having technical difficulty setting up my new phone.  If anyone noticed how physically broken my dino phone is (the flipper is broken and crooked), it is still receiving calls when it wants to, and I can hear you most the time!

Well... I do not recommenced a "smart" phone.  I begrudgingly own one.  I will own one as long as I am married... So i'm told:D.  It lives on the charger inside unless I leave the premises Without my bride.  

It should make some of that you tuberating a bit easier once you get the hang of it?  Maybe?  Idk Red Square is nearly my only online entity on porpoise.  

Welcome to thousands of notices and spam!  That is All I can confirm that a new phone does for certain!  I miss the rotary.. One in the house, one in the detached garages growing up.  Unplug and you don't exist.  Do not need something special to find it.  Even unplugged it is always in the same place.  

• Like 7