briankd

snow blower score

c-series don

A tall shoot for a hundred bucks! That’s a good deal. I’d try to compound that paint and maybe some wax, I’ll bet you could bring it back. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@briankd great score on that ! have brought back a couple of those , just suggestions , that chalky paint ?  a penetrating oil soak down , let sit , to soak in , till looking somewhat dry , wipe down with oil wet clean cloth , the pto drive belt set up just behind blower , lubricate the frame movement areas , also get after the belt pulleys there , often rusty / dry , do nt move easily , chain / cable lube on the auger chain drive , adjust to 1/2" chain deflection , never let chain dry out , lubricate chute base area ,  grease swivel lever area . were you wearing a mask when you got that ?  stole it ! go after every , movement area , with lubrication detailing , mine spun up by hand , on belt drive , thats what you want , every related belt driven area should be free / easy , no belt screaming on spin up . add springs to " LIFT FLAG  "  area , also use highest hole on  lift lever , point . Teflon spray the inside of chute , lucky  you , pete  

• Excellent 1

briankd

This paint should buff out .grease bearings lube chain good shouldn't have no issues it does spin good by hand .I have to make a lift flag and tube local mower shop has 5-6 flags and tubes but won't let any of them go got one to make a pattern from .no problem getting steel free from work and welding it up myself but will need to find a heavy wall pipe

• Like 1

briankd

This sat outside for about a year what the guy says I got it from

briankd

Cleaned up pretty good got the flag and lift pipe made along with chute rotation bracket that goes in mid hitch sometime this week have it on tractor and running20231119_143030.jpg.e3ff705ff4c550902a6b7ce8b8cbcb97.jpg20231119_143106.jpg.a41790c2a526be34fa3b27d7767a97fd.jpg

• Excellent 4

Lagersolut

Was one on market place for 50 bucks yesterday - wasn't in bad shape either - I already have one no room for another

Wheelhorse#1

How well do these single stage blowers work, good ?

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1  they work very well , like any blower , they prefer light / dry snow , wet and sloppy snow  is blade work . found doing a thorough functional  check , is key for operation . auger chain , adjustment , specific chain lubricant , also lubricate the chute bottom gearing for easier movement . the drive belt pulley frame set up also needs lubrication for easy spring tension / follow . my blowers , would easily spin by hand , at PTO drive belt point . maintenance is  key on these units . pete

• Excellent 1

Wheelhorse#1

@peter lena

Thanks for the information Pete !

• Thanks 1

peter lena

@Wheelhorse#1  also added a stiffer spring to the pulley frame right behind the blade , that was like a drag brake on the set up when I first got it , also cleaned out original lube in those bearings , Lucas HD  green , 550 drop point , no bearing failure / noise . been doing a lot of changes on horse anything , love a repetitive problem , take it apart , correct / improve it , amazing  movement gains on a lot of areas , better lubrication , snug up linkage connections , detail the hell out of function , that area is a GOLD MINE FOR IMPROVEMENT , lots of hours / years on it , bombproof . pete 

• Thanks 1

briankd

Got installed runs great bring on the snow20231123_125238.jpg.07e400e25d27a312e1469a1ce620f43e.jpg

• Excellent 4

briankd
3 minutes ago, briankd said:

Got installed runs great bring on the snow20231123_125238.jpg.07e400e25d27a312e1469a1ce620f43e.jpg

I herd from few people that Pam cooking spray works good in the chute to keep snow from sticking 

• Like 2