AHS

Plow linkage 414-8

AHS

Ok.. let me see if i can explain this… up top i have the foot long straight lift bar set into the second hole. Down at the plow is where the problem is.. the lift bar is behind like 2’. Do they make a ‘c shaped 12” bar?’ I wonder if i put in the first hole at the top (closer to the front) if i can cheat a little bit by bringing the lift bar forward a little bit?

CA48BCA8-8577-4C45-B091-C8ED38EBBDB7.jpeg

953 nut

You need to connect to the rock-shaft, not the mower lift bar. You can use a chain with a trunnion or a solid lift link.

.1211494727_Rockershaftmanuallift.jpg.565d99660f6a448d678fd85b7dfa251c.jpg

• Like 1

lynnmor

Your drawing shows it connected to the mower lift bar.

• Sad 1

953 nut
18 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

Your drawing shows it connected to the mower lift bar.

Not my drawing, it came from a Wheel Horse manual.   The same or a similar chain can be moved to the "snow Blade ONLY holes.

820134707_Rockershaftmanuallift.jpg.a582510e58996813880e51418151041a.jpg

Edited by 953 nut
fat finger
  • Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@953 nut Thanks for posting the diagram, Dick. Put the plow on the 416-8 today, now I can check it to see if I have in the right hole.

• Like 3

AHS

I have it connected in the middle hole. Maybe if i move it too the front hole, i can gain a little. A 6410 bar is what’s on here. What are those supposed to fit? 

5A8F9751-F2BD-4F74-AA02-FA68699305EE.jpeg

Edited by AHS

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, AHS said:

I have it connected in the middle hole. Maybe if i move it too the front hole, i can gain a little. A 6410 bar is what’s on here. What are those supposed to fit? 

That bar/ link should be straight.  

You can use either a piece of chain or a solid bar. 

The correct solid bar is around 11 inches long. 

Solid bar gives down pressure capabilities.  VERY handy when trying to scrape hard snow or even ice.  

On my Automatic Tractor with the 60" blade I use a chain but the plow itself is so heavy it needs no additional downward pressure.  

I can get you measurements if it would help.   

Another thing you can do to lift the FRONT is to lower the REAR of plow frame. 

A spacer between the tractor axle and plow mount bracket will do the trick. 

I have 2 tractors here with that.  

• Like 2

AHS

@ebinmaine i put the. Plow lift in the front hole… NOW it line up perfectly with the plow! Only thing is getting my mower chain up there and clipped! 

• Like 1

peter lena

@AHSif you add trunnion in the connection , firm up the connection point with , added flat washers , lubricant , that firming up will solidify  the lift  point , prevent WALLOWING  out the mount hole , making for a solid smooth / easy lift , point . would also go over every movement point with aerosol  lubricant ,takes the , lift drag out of it . Pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@ebinmaine , morning !  as you know , just about every connection point of " linkage " is minimal at best , very easy to improve on its function . goes from sloppy to smooth / solid , marvel  at the solid easy function of  PTO LEVER , lift areas , cables / connections , just give them a little detailing . have a neighbor up the street , with solid rusted cables , not a clue , go oily , pete 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
47 minutes ago, AHS said:

Plow lift

3 minutes ago, peter lena said:

linkage

@AHS I built a solid bar link from a piece of thread rod and 2 heim joints. 

NO looseness. 

It'll likely be around long after most other components of the tractor.  

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Moparfanforever
49 minutes ago, AHS said:

@ebinmaine i put the. Plow lift in the front hole… NOW it line up perfectly with the plow! Only thing is getting my mower chain up there and clipped! 

Take the bottom dash plate off to get the trunnion and clip to the rockshaft. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@ebinmaine  @Moparfanforever  , scary , are we talking IMPROVEMENT HERE ?  keep that thought going . oily Pete

• Like 1

Handy Don
7 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Solid bar gives down pressure capabilities.  VERY handy when trying to scrape hard snow or even ice.  

Not quite as handy with a hydro tractor where feathering the lift is tricky, especially if the surface being plowed is uneven. Too easy to add too much down pressure and prematurely use up the plow’s wear bar (yep, been there, done that).

6 hours ago, Moparfanforever said:

Take the bottom dash plate off to get the trunnion and clip to the rockshaft. 

:text-yeahthat: 

• Like 2

peter lena

@AHS  thanks to @953 nut  for the blow up drawing ! note every / all the intended movement areas ? like a aerosol penetrating oil first , make the rust run out , then use an aerosol red spray grease , tell me how easily that set up moves , get some in lift lever upper spring push point , so it moves easily , cross frame bronze bushings , detail all of it , good luck , pete