WHMan2012

GT-20 with 44" Snowblower

WHMan2012

Added a skid plate to the bottom of the gas tank / fuel line today, may have to make future changes but for now I'll go with this. May end up running the fuel line through a larger rubber line for more protection as well. Glad I started this project when I did, gives me time to triple check and change things, before the white stuff and cold weather gets here. Once I get my new drive belt I ordered and installed I'll roll her off the bench, it's just nice working on them up off the floor gives the back a break.

FullSizeR (9).jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

Very cool additions to this one!  If those tires don’t work out, I have switched my 1-1/8” 4 lug hubs to 5 lug, and transitioned back to 12” wheels.  Then it’s easy to procure 27” tires from UTVs

I also prefer to fluid fill any worker tires, it’s a HUGEbenefit!

Here are a couple variations of fluid filling tires I’ve used.

Pumping the tires full with tubes.. this video shows the UTV tires I prefer.

No tubes, filing mostly full to the brim and adding enough air to bead it up and create a round tire.

• Excellent 2

WHMan2012

Now I need to look around for a set of 5 lug hubs that would be my best bet I agree. Rear tires for these in atv style are not cheap for sure. Thanks for your posts great videos, lot of knowledge. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, WHMan2012 said:

Now I need to look around for a set of 5 lug hubs that would be my best bet I agree. Rear tires for these in atv style are not cheap for sure. Thanks for your posts great videos, lot of knowledge. 

If that's using a standard Wheelhorse 1-⅛ axle you can use the HD hubs with two set screws from an 80s 312, 400, 500..... 

• Thanks 2

Pullstart
Just now, ebinmaine said:

If that's using a standard Wheelhorse 1-⅛ axle you can use the HD hubs with two set screws from an 80s 312, 400, 500..... 

Yep, that’s my choice too!  The 953/1054 has a much stronger and longer keyway slot as well.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHMan2012

I had this mirror kicking around the garage for a few years now figured I'd try it out here, only for the fact I live on a side street next to a College and have had a lot of close calls while cleaning up along the edge of the road. I will also be adding blinking lights to the back as well, because I live near one of their off campus buildings where they hold classes well into the night. If the mirror thing don't work, I'm only out 10 minutes of my time, so no big deal. As for the hubs I'll have to keep my eyes open for a good deal, people think just because they write vintage or antique next to it they can jack the price up 100%, it's crazy now not like it use to be that's for sure.

FullSizeR (10).jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, WHMan2012 said:

for the hubs I'll have to keep my eyes open for a good deal

Been a bit since I've bought a set. 

Check with Lincoln at A to Z Tractor in PA.  

He's been consistently lower than most of fleeeeBay for years.  

7 minutes ago, WHMan2012 said:

I will also be adding blinking lights to the back as well, because I live near one of their off campus buildings where they hold classes well into the night

Can't speak for where you live but in Maine it's a State Law that any vehicle plowing in the road must have a flashing amber/yellow light visible from 360⁰ at all times while in a public way. 

• Thanks 1

Moparfanforever

You can buy blue/white led strobe lights pretty cheap on ??azon. 

Cool rig you are building!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Moparfanforever
  • Excellent 1

WHMan2012

Not sure what / or if any law we have here for blinking lights on vehicles except you can't have them on while go job to job down the road. I need more of a strobe light not a fan of those fast blinky lights some of these rescue vehicles have now a days, I swear sometimes I'm going to cause an accident while trying to avoid one. Anyone have some good ideas on a front led light that'll fit where the original one normally goes ? I did test mine before removing it but no luck, it was exposed to the weather way too long. I'd love to find someone local to fix my seat it's all there just came unstitched here and there, maybe even add more stuffing as well. By any chance does any have an extra dash piece the goes around the steering wheel ? If, not I can make something, just want to protect my wires and switches, Thanks again for the help and input, that's why I like this site !

• Like 1

ebinmaine

@19richie66 or @953 nut any thoughts on the LED lights?

Would 3D guy Grey have a dash piece? 

WHMan2012

Great ideas, I really like the fender lights. I love thinking outside the box and creating something that makes it mine, that's why I enjoy building these rigs. Thanks for the posts I may take your fender light idea and try something on mine, I like the look.

• Like 2

WHMan2012

Today I added 140#'s of weight to the back figuring the location plus the weight of fuel should do. Then I'll add some juice to the rear wheels once I get them squared away. Trying to get this done, Mt. Washington already recorded their first measurable snow over the weekend, it wasn't much but it's a sign Winter's just around the corner.

FullSizeR (12).jpg

FullSizeR (14).jpg

FullSizeR (11).jpg

• Excellent 6

ebinmaine

Looks excellent!!

1 hour ago, WHMan2012 said:

Mt. Washington already recorded their first measurable snow over the weekend, it wasn't much but it's a sign Winter's just around the corner.

You ain't wrong but don't let that big beast of a 🏔️ 🏔️ fool ya. 😅

• Haha 1

19richie66

Does look nice. Might want to lop off the corners of your weight bracket at the bottom. That looks like a knee butcher. 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

Those tires (front and rear) came out looking great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHMan2012

Thanks I've got a spare set, may get those cut today while I have the time. They're not as dry rot as these and I still haven't been able to find a cheap set of rear hubs locally. If snow flew tomorrow at least I'm ready for a trial run, or at least I think I am lol. She's getting there !

FullSizeR (15).jpg

FullSizeR (16).jpg

Edited by WHMan2012
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, WHMan2012 said:

I still haven't been able to find a cheap set of rear hubs locally

I'm a couple hours E/NE of you. 

Not sure what your idea of cheap is. 

I'd certainly give you a fair deal. 

I also have spare 12" wheels if you need them.  

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

If you find that your front tires push, you could try a ribbed cut on another set.  It would be interesting to see how they go!

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHMan2012

I'll be in touch with you  ebinmaine if I have no luck down here and I thank you for the offer. It's not so much cheap as it is I guess a fair reasonable price is all. I'd really like barter some wheel horse parts I have here that I have no use for, if possible to someone who may be interested as well. As far as the front tires go, I'll see what I can't do it'll definitely be more time consuming lol that's for sure. I think it'll look like a snow tire / rib design, that's my guess. I'll let you know soon enough, thanks for the idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WheelHorseNut
On 10/7/2023 at 2:07 PM, WHMan2012 said:

Found a great tool to cut tire tread and it works slick. I'm trying this way first to save some money then if this fails I'll try the rubber chains, just don't want to use real chains because our driveway is asphalt and also I help my neighbors and their driveways are asphalt as well. 

FullSizeR (6).jpg

FullSizeR (4).jpg

This is an awesome idea.  I am curious to see how this works.  Probably be great for loose dirt.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

WheelHorseNut
On 10/7/2023 at 7:49 PM, WHMan2012 said:

Added a hood scoop today to cover up the air filter to keep the weather out, still may add a screen to the front to help out as well. I'll clean up the excess seam sealer once it's dry.

FullSizeR (8).jpg

You know what would look awesome on this -- a teardrop bubble hood like the old Ford Thunderbolt style.  Not that I don't like what you did -- it's cool as hell.  Just thought with the little round air cleaner and nature of the weather when you're out there, that style might work pretty well.

Like this:

spacer.png

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

WHMan2012

Ya, I was thinking about adding some fine window screen or something, to stuff in there, it won't look as good as the photo you posted lol but it'll hopefully keep the snow out and still let the air in. Thanks for the input.

• Like 2

WheelHorseNut
1 hour ago, WHMan2012 said:

Ya, I was thinking about adding some fine window screen or something, to stuff in there, it won't look as good as the photo you posted lol but it'll hopefully keep the snow out and still let the air in. Thanks for the input.

No problem -- I hope you didn't take it the wrong way -- I love what you did.  It's pretty kick ass.  Nice job putting all of that together!  I can't wait to see a video of it tossing some snow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WHMan2012

LMFAO No you didn't hurt my feelings lol, I'm glad you brought it up, like I mentioned earlier I've been all over this thing a 100 times trying to not forget something lol.  I appreciate any and all comments, I may change things that are brought up and then again I may just leave it the way it is, depends on money and time. I will be talking to my neighbor down the street he's a machinist and works out of his garage, I want to see if he can build me a larger drive pulley for the motor to the snow blower. That is one fix that I really want to have done before snow flies.

• Like 3