Jayoutdoors

picking the correct hitch...help

Jayoutdoors

hey there  I would like to install a ball and pull my boat and utility tractor around the property.  I don't feel as if the design of this drawbar style is built for that not to mention low height.   What recommendations, bought or built do you have to help me out.. 

it would be nice to keep my tiller attachment on if possible.

also what did they use the bar coming from under seat for??

20230904_141411.jpg

Edited by Jayoutdoors

peter lena

@Jayoutdoors  yes that added height will do the trick , always like the ball hitch , because its so quick / easy , BTW  also like lucas climbing gear oil , heavy duty , or synthetic  additive rear end oil , after a flush and new shift boot , TYE WRAP  just above the boot  on the steel shifter shaft , lets the boot move , silicone grease on inside if boot base , lets it move easily , do a flush on the gear unit , drive it around , dump it , very quiet / easy gearing , also get after related clutch linkage , lubrication points , that should just about do it , pete   

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

That bent/holed up bar is not a factory item.  Lowell @wheelhorseman makes a pretty stout receiver hitch.  I don’t know if it’ll allow retaining the tiller bracket?

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Jayoutdoors
3 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

That bent/holed up bar is not a factory item.  Lowell @wheelhorseman makes a pretty stout receiver hitch.  I don’t know if it’ll allow retaining the tiller bracket?

thanks i will get rid of the ugly thing.   I think the receiver style is definitely where I'm headed. the one linked above do allow for keeping the bracket and lower pin hitch  

• Like 2

Pullstart

I didn’t see Greasy Pete’ link.  Same guy, Lowell.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine

Another vote for Lowell's hitch. .... 

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

WHX??

I'll  go the other way and recommend a ball hitch for the front. Easy fab to make one to clip on a mule attach. Always easier to maneuver even in small yards.

I have no pics but on the tractor do list to make one.

Many of the boys here have done it so hopefully they have some pics. 

I do have dedicated tractors with a ball mounted right on the draw bar but then useless for tub duty or anything else. 

Problem with Lowell's hitches is you might lose the axle bracket and there goes the tiller. I doubt you would be able to use anything but a receiver hitch. 

I don't see any lift for the tiller tho? 

Kev is right that Holy piece is a PO dream. 

20220829_154126.jpg

20220819_171744.jpg

Edited by WHX??
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

SylvanLakeWH

This one snaps in to the front attachomatic...

IMG_2382.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

Lowell's back one. Love it t.

IMG_0229.jpeg

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1

WHX??

Mighta figured Sylvia he had a way to keep the axle bracket. 

Best to call him before you order @Jayoutdoors and explain your needs and make sure it would work with a tiller. He'll know. He might even offer a front mount. 

IMG_0229.jpeg.b0301ae1220e39e27ee1af9b501fe181.jpeg

• Like 2

Jayoutdoors
15 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Mighta figured Sylvia he had a way to keep the axle bracket. 

Best to call him before you order @Jayoutdoors and explain your needs and make sure it would work with a tiller. He'll know. He might even offer a front mount. 

IMG_0229.jpeg.b0301ae1220e39e27ee1af9b501fe181.jpeg

I've been researching it. The receiver part removes fairly easy for the lift hitch. So I think It should work for tiller lift.  The bracket below axle to pivot tiller off of stays with it. 

SylvanLakeWH
36 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

He might even offer a front mount.

Nope. I've inquired. He doesn't have front ones...

I bought my couple off Ebay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevasaurus

Front hitch..."Shorts" Paul made this for me.  Works excellent and should be easy to fabricate using these pictures.  :USA:

2013_0503c0001.JPG.87b4bd75d25008cf5e303fbdc601a47f.JPG

2013_0503c0004.JPG.988013d8ee213e61f26a68a27f520988.JPG

2013_0513d0001.JPG.18bd6df63ca9804fe33de0dd4a7d030c.JPG

2013_0513d0002.JPG.b68243345f0e647b3dca73b758f871ec.JPG

2013_0513d0003.JPG.673c372cba7d4cc17b116fb34d7b02d3.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

clueless

There is a fellow on ebay, wildcruiser (2027) who sells 3 different ones that connect to the front "attach -a -matic" after removing the deck mule drive. I have all three. One you put what ever ball you need on it, the other is a 2" receiver. The third attaches permanently to the front and you don't have to remove the mule drive after you install it:handgestures-thumbupright:. They all work great my favorite is the permanent one. They are all for the front of the tractor so pulling you boat or trailer a fair distance is a bit difficult, but when it comes pulling them out or putting the in tight spaces they a the bomb, (think airplane tug). On the 2" receiver I use a 4" lift hitch, it get what ever your hooked to a bit more level, even easer to use. On the permanent one I use a Change-a-Ball, I'm sure that's not the right name but close, you just change what ever size ball you need with out removing the shaft (No Wrench Need):greetings-clappingyellow:.

• Like 4

Jayoutdoors

had a hitch laying around. then I felt a little creative last night.  The only thing left to do is add two supports down to the pin!!  

20230908_220908.jpg

20230909_183828.jpg

20230909_183845.jpg

Screenshot_20230908_220937_Facebook.jpg

• Excellent 2