• Like 1

D_Mac

Love the Ole Cat Eye Chevys. Nice

20220730_201235.jpg

20220730_201555.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ri702bill

Looks good - extended cab is my favorite - standard cab is too small, crew cab gets a shorter bed.

FYI - No more red cars here - my wife drove a red Mercury Sable for years, got rearended twice. Guy at the Body Shop said it was because the rear lights "blended in" with the body color -one guy claimed her brake lights did not work (they did).when he hit her......

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Pullstart
24 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

crew cab gets a shorter bed

Not always…

:handgestures-thumbupright:

BB60E6D9-4587-4822-9EF6-6922B455FD2D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart

NOT like I need another project, but this one is not near as clean as @D_Mac’s pretty forest green Bowtie.  If I was ever feeling ambitious and caught up at life, I still have my extended cab red Texas truck.  It’s beautiful and spotless but it’s 2wd.  It would be another frame or drivetrain swap, which is the reason I bought this so I wouldn’t have to do that.  :lol:

I sold the bed and bumpers, but otherwise it’s pretty much the way the video here depicts.  It sits inside the barn, free from the elements.

• Like 3

ri702bill
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Not always…

:handgestures-thumbupright:

BB60E6D9-4587-4822-9EF6-6922B455FD2D.jpeg

Not so anymore, it seems. No substitutions on the dinner menu specials!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

Pullstart
9 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

Not so anymore, it seems. No substitutions on the dinner menu specials!!! :lol:

Right!  When I had my infamous “little blue truck” there was an option for leather seats and there was an option for rubber floor.  I clearly looked like I had a third arm growing out of my forehead when I selected both options.  It made the most sense to me to be able to wipe every surface clean and have no carpet.  They ended up ordering the rubber floor through the parts department and swapping the interiors upon delivery to the dealer and prep.

• Like 2

peter lena

@Pullstart  have any mineral oil ? great way to save a car / truck body . the film tracking will tell the story . never soon enough to start it . been doing lubrication  seam soak for years , just a thought , pete 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

ri702bill

I am looking at newer trucks - our 1999 Ranger extended cab with the half doors has served well - it has only 102000 miles on it, but, the New England winters are catching up with it. So far, the frame, floors, and bed floors are OK, but I have not ckecked the front end yet. Tradein value is only about $3200. Trying to find a clean 2 or 3 year old extended cab 4x4 anything is almost impossible. I really want a standard transmission - only Jeep and Toyota still make them. You used to be able to get a low end Colorado or Canyon with a manual, not any more... The prices on used with 30K on the clock is within $8K of new!!!

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

D_Mac

Trucks are like tractors.... you can NEVER have too many.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

OutdoorEnvy

Great grab on that truck!  I'm a big fan of the 99-06(07 classics) for GM trucks.  The 6.0 LS gas would be my ideal setup as you have there.  Should haul a decent amount of WH's to the show for ya!  :thumbs: 

• Like 3

Pullstart
20 minutes ago, OutdoorEnvy said:

Great grab on that truck!  I'm a big fan of the 99-06(07 classics) for GM trucks.  The 6.0 LS gas would be my ideal setup as you have there.  Should haul a decent amount of WH's to the show for ya!  :thumbs: 

Norman, my ‘01 Duramax gear jammer cclb, is the dedicated show going rig still, just not a 4x4 winter rig.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

pfrederi

Pickups used for plow duty around here are not hott in the used market...Trannies and suspensions have been beat hard...

• Like 3

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, pfrederi said:

Pickups used for plow duty around here are not hott in the used market...Trannies and suspensions have been beat hard...

I agree, but this was used on their 80 acre farm, along with tractors and equipment.  If it were a commercial truck, I’d have never been interested.

• Like 1

ACman

I’ve been looking for a 2wd diesel for a camper hauler . 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Best. Snake oil. Ever.

Before I clean my injectors, I’ll try this for a while.  It has worked for years for me.

• Excellent 1
  • Confused 1

SylvanLakeWH

@Pullstart Curious, how's it work? What is in it that cleans injectors? Same for carbs? Do you run it through your WH's? If not, why not?

Never heard of it... :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

@Pullstart Curious, how's it work? What is in it that cleans injectors? Same for carbs? Do you run it through your WH's? If not, why not?

Never heard of it... :eusa-think:

It’s more a detergent than a lubricant even.  That’s why a transmission can go roughly 40,000 miles between changes depending on usage, it stays clean.  My auto shop teacher taught me this in high school and I’ve used it ever since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
On 8/29/2023 at 8:52 AM, peter lena said:

@Pullstart  have any mineral oil ? great way to save a car / truck body . the film tracking will tell the story . never soon enough to start it . been doing lubrication  seam soak for years , just a thought , pete 

For now, I went through two refill bottles of WD40, hitting the hinges, inner fenders, rockers, door seams, etc.  not the best, but better than nothing!  Keepin’ it greasy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@Pullstart  if you want to see lubrication creep , get some KROIL , never had a lubricant  travel like that , glad you got something in there , better oil / than rust ,  go greasy , Pete

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Some things, snake oil (no matter how amazing) can’t fix.

Plugs all look great (and recently changed… like a classic misfire fix) and injectors have now been cleaned.  Lots of oil in the intake.  There is an updated valve cover design for these, so I ordered some.  $108 for a new intake = well worth the worry of getting the old one clean.  One knock sensor bank was full of water.  A new kit containing the harness and two sensors has been added to the list of to-dos while I’m in there.

I’ll keep cleaning the sludge and buildup for 45 minutes while I wait for parts.

8C59AA02-BB3E-4E47-AEB2-6E7DAD8EF1BE.jpeg

• Like 3

Pullstart

Mucho bettero cleanero.

Off to the parts store!

489F723D-4563-4354-B173-4A92E67CA5D9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

OutdoorEnvy

Looking good @Pullstart!  That LS will be gettin it done in no time for you :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1