Pullstart

Dang it, I’m back again!

Pullstart

Norman’s deck is a bit challenging to load, but I need it soon.  I came up with the idea to put it on the back of the farm truck, then slide it into Norman.  All was going great.  I had the 9’ tall 8’5-1/2” wide platform vertical, about to lean it onto the farm truck when it started to lay the other way.  Instead of let it fall, I decided to catch it.  Dumb move!  At some point when it hit the ground, it jarred me in the left hand palm/thumb area.  My left hand is twice as thick as my right.  It’s a bit yellowish and doesn’t close or open very well.

Photos: Norman’s deck and the farm truck for reference.  My hand is in ice water freezing off.

E90AA74D-4D10-4B69-9C3A-FD794D08AC35.jpeg

22DD515B-2D3F-4E15-8175-8477BF1C33EA.jpeg

• Sad 11

Pullstart

I did however manage to get assistance from Mrs. P, and the deck is now on the flat bad.  :banana-linedance:

• Like 5

Handy Don

Go see a medical professional. Torn or hyperextended tendons need proper attention to heal correctly. No joke.

• Like 7

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, Handy Don said:

Go see a medical professional. Torn or hyperextended tendons need proper attention to heal correctly. No joke.

I figure if it feels like this tomorrow, I will get it looked at.  My concern is a break, but I don’t have time for that!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Achto

I too am guilty of not asking or waiting for help when I should. I have gotten away with it most times, but have had my pride bite me enough times that I have learned to ask or wait when I should.

Hope all heals well & soon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

L vs. R

D314E591-6337-43C6-B260-4C7A0B5938C4.jpeg

32294D2C-C424-49F1-8692-D8BA130364CF.jpeg

• Sad 3

oliver2-44

Ouch. Wish you a quick recovery.

But, I guess somebody has got to keep the medical community in business!

• Haha 5

Handy Don

Years ago I dropped a railroad tie on my foot trying to build a raised bed garden. I limped around for the rest of the day rejecting my spouse's suggestion to have it looked at with “if it still hurts in the morning, I’ll do something”. 

Next morning woke up feeling good. Swung my feet out of bed, went to stand up, and...collapsed on the floor in agony.

Went to the ER and learned I had broken bones and other damage. In a cast for six weeks. Several months to be fully back to normal.

My wonderful spouse never uttered the “I told you so” that I richly deserved.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Horse Newbie

Anyone interested in a wager ? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH

Ugh... :(

Hope it's not too serious...

(You do have my permission to amputate if necessary to maintain the upcoming scheduled "appointments"... and I am confident @WHX?? and @Achto will concur... :hide:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk

All that crap you have around there and you don't have a hoist to lift it off of one truck and set it on another?:confusion-confused:

Pullstart
52 minutes ago, squonk said:

All that crap you have around there and you don't have a hoist to lift it off of one truck and set it on another?:confusion-confused:

or a hilo to do my heavy lifting?  :confusion-confused:

I have two engine hoists. I figured this would be a quick job.  It was going great, until it wasn’t!

9 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Anyone interested in a wager ? 😆

Swelling is down considerably.  Motion is improved.  Epsom salt ice water bath makes me tingly!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

TJ5208
10 hours ago, Achto said:

I too am guilty of not asking or waiting for help when I should. I have gotten away with it most times, but have had my pride bite me enough times that I have learned to ask or wait when I should.

Hope all heals well & soon.

Are we all built the same around here. When we hurt ourselves doing something we go right back and do it again.

• Haha 2

peter lena

@Pullstart  when you are younger its easy to let physical  issues , slide , bad side of that, is the MENTAL MEMORY  OF TOUGHING  IT OUT . watched that go on at work , guys collecting / bragging about that thing that they never had properly addressed. and they ended up  COLLECTING INJURUES . I  personally went the other way , got it  taken care of , that was also burned into my mindset on injuries , before you know it , the collection will  overtake you , recently turned 77 , get help when you need it . pete 

• Like 4

rjg854

Luckily Kevin your still young and will heal quickly.  We've seen it happen many, many times.  :ychain:

• Haha 2

ri702bill

@953 nut - should that not say "Masters of Misfortune"  ??

ri702bill

No - wait..... perhaps "Master of Disaster" :lol::lol:

• Haha 1

stevasaurus

Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.  :ychain:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

davem1111
49 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

No - wait..... perhaps "Master of Disaster" :lol::lol:

I have a T-Shirt that says that - one of my favorites. It was a freebie from a company that sells computer data center disaster recovery software.  I'll post a picture sometime (hopefully, not because I'm wearing a cast at the time...)

squonk

Just get one of these. You'll be a hit with the ladies! 

Munster Masquerade' (1964) – Once upon a screen…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Tractorhead

Oh Man, why you doing this?

Maybe nobody told you, a Wheel Horse is much stronger than your Body.

Hey Buddy, quick healing and take care of you!

Hope to see ya healthy at the Big Show if i can come.

Actually i‘m still waiting for my Travel Visa, hope i got it soon.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Beap52

Seeing the comparison between the two hands reminds me of last February I was dissembling a trampoline at our kids house.  I dropped a glove and their dog grabbed it, ran then dropped it as if to beg me to come after it, which foolishly  I did.  I slipped on wet grass and drove my middle finger onto the hard ground.  IT HURT! and still does.  It's still at least 1/3 larger than my other middle finger.  Can't quite close it yet. I was told that I probably broke the knuckle. All for a stupid 50 cent glove.   At least I'm getting sympathy from the grand children

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pullstart
4 hours ago, Beap52 said:

Seeing the comparison between the two hands reminds me of last February I was dissembling a trampoline at our kids house.  I dropped a glove and their dog grabbed it, ran then dropped it as if to beg me to come after it, which foolishly  I did.  I slipped on wet grass and drove my middle finger onto the hard ground.  IT HURT! and still does.  It's still at least 1/3 larger than my other middle finger.  Can't quite close it yet. I was told that I probably broke the knuckle. All for a stupid 50 cent glove.   At least I'm getting sympathy from the grand children

My hand is feeling better already!  It just needed some miles under my old bus treads!

• Like 1

19richie66

Not going to lie….. I thought Pete was going to tell you to put some Lucas sticky red grease on it. But he is right to get it checked out. Lingering damage will haunt you later. :handgestures-thumbupright:   
I hope it gets better. Trying to do things with a constant ache/pain really puts a damper on things. 

Edited by 19richie66
  • Haha 1