mrc

F plate reinforcement

mrc

i t would be nice if lowell or somebody with access to a fab shop made/sold F plate reinforcements.   sure would save a lot of frames.  just an idea

regards

mike

• Like 3

ebinmaine

I've had the thought as well. 

If I could create a jig to make an easily duplicated piece I'd do it me own self. 

• Like 1

ri702bill

Funny you should ask, Mike..... BT,DT. One for short frames, another for long frames... Been making these FOR YEARS now...

Feel free to PM me if interested.....

Frame Plate Installed.JPG

Frame Plate Kit - Round Hood.JPG

Long Frame Plate.JPG

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

ebinmaine
34 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

One for short frames, another for long frames...

VERY nice work there Bill. 

Why the difference from short frame to long frame?

• Like 1

ri702bill

The C series long frame has a stiffening raised ridge that runs horizontal and does not allow the plate to sit flat. Some folks use loose washers, but that is a PITA juggling act to install. I weld 2 solid flat straps that span the ridge - makes for a solid fit. And the 2 clearance cuts shown (for the optional diagonal bolt in triangular braces).

Long Frame Plate with Brace.JPG

Edited by ri702bill
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@ ri702bill ,  looks like the bomb !  old school heft  / strength , those angular braces are want should have been there , nice job , pete

• Thanks 1

ri702bill
49 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@ ri702bill ,  looks like the bomb !  old school heft  / strength , those angular braces are want should have been there

@peter lena Thanks. Best part is they bolt in, are removable, and can be used alone without the stiffening plate. No need really to remove them, they clear the plow, cutting deck and blower just fine. They stop the rocking flexing of the F plate. Wasn't it you that says "Fix it once, fix it right, and move on to the next issue? .... :thumbs2::thumbs2:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Bill D
2 hours ago, ri702bill said:

The C series long frame has a stiffening raised ridge that runs horizontal and does not allow the plate to sit flat. Some folks use loose washers, but that is a PITA juggling act to install. I weld 2 solid flat straps that span the ridge - makes for a solid fit. And the 2 clearance cuts shown (for the optional diagonal bolt in triangular braces).

Long Frame Plate with Brace.JPG

You definitely need to start selling these, and those nice front axle pins.  I especially love the bolt in braces.   Absolutely beautiful.

Edited by Bill D
  • Like 2

ri702bill

@Bill D Already did!!! 

I've had inquiries, but those folks must have been wearing Cargo Pants - their hands could not reach the cash in the bottom of the pockets !!!! :ROTF:

Good products are NOT cheap - cheap products are NOT good.... PICK ONE

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

johnnymag3
20 minutes ago, ri702bill said:

@Bill D Already did!!! 

I've had inquiries, but those folks must have been wearing Cargo Pants - their hands could not reach the cash in the bottom of the pockets !!!! :ROTF:

I would like to purchase a set if you have a set available.....

John  :) 

johnnymag3
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

@ ri702bill ,  looks like the bomb !  old school heft  / strength , those angular braces are want should have been there , nice job , pete

I have been saying this for years.......

• Excellent 1

ri702bill

John - PM me with the tractor model...

Bill

• Excellent 1

ri702bill

A note to all that just might want to get into this market too - This is a PROPRIETARY design owned by 10BrinkDesignRI, and cannot be duplicated, I do NOT sell anything of mine that I do not already have a good track history with on my own tractors..... proven with integrity and pride, made here in the USA.....

• Excellent 2

rick

Bill, do you make them for the 300 and 400 series?  Thank you.

ri702bill

@rick - if the hole spacing is the same as a C series, then yes. I do not own any tractors newer than 1979 - all my stuff is old enough to Vote, and then some !!!!  :lol:

Honestly, I do not have a solid answer on that.

• Like 1

ri702bill

Toro DID at one time sell a lighter duty frame reinforcement kit for the C series, but is now NLA.... the Part Number escapes me.. as I said, NLA.

CCW

Ok, I need to ask the question since I am not doing any rebuilding.  What is the F plate and where is it located?

ri702bill

@CCW OK - I have no clue just how it got that reference - but - it is the thin flat plate at the rear of the frame - 3 sided, welded to the angle iron frame rails, that the Unidrive bolts up behind. They take a beating over time, usually from repeated use for plowing. That imparts a LOT of twist and vibration into the plate - ending up with serious, but repairable damage. Note that 3 of the 4 are severely cracked out - this was from a 854 parts tractor I bought that was dedicated to plowing only, all it's life.... it wiggled like an inchworm while moving..... AND the entire frame is twisted about a 1/4".......this one is destined to join the slumber party and become part of a "Yard Art" tractor - the last usefull step before the crusher.... she earned her wings.

Damaged Frame.jpg

Edited by ri702bill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CCW

@ri702bill Thanks for the info.  My 312-8 was used for plowing in its younger years, but rarely has the plow mounted now.  I use it mostly for moving trailers about for leaves and mulch, and occasionally mowing the lawn. 

• Like 1

ri702bill
2 minutes ago, CCW said:

@ri702bill Thanks for the info.  My 312-8 was used for plowing in its younger years, but rarely has the plow mounted now.  I use it mostly for moving trailers about for leaves and mulch, and occasionally mowing the lawn. 

So it has a happy semi-retirement......

• Like 1

CCW

@ri702bill I see you are in RI.  I grew up there and my 312-8 was purchased from Dubuy Tractor in Danielson, CT and resided in Foster from 87 to 2017 at my parents' home when I inherited it after my father's passing.

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
On 4/11/2023 at 2:11 PM, ri702bill said:

They take a beating over time, usually from repeated use for plowing. That imparts a LOT of twist and vibration into the plate - ending up with serious, but repairable damage.

I have a loader on a 1267 and loader tractors are really hard on these as well!! 

Randy

• Like 1