TractorEd

‘79 C-161 - Parts?

Blasterdad
5 hours ago, TractorEd said:

I can see why the snow doesn’t want to fall near you!

It scared it away for a while, :occasion-snowman::violence-fencing: but it's still Michigan, the snowman will always have the last laugh...

Your :wh: is looking good !!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

TractorEd

4CADB8CF-B4DE-44F2-8B21-1B78435AEB0C.jpeg

• Like 4

TractorEd

New Lift Handle!

997CAB6C-7A8B-41C3-84C7-08BC380D7455.jpeg

• Like 4

ebinmaine

Lookin' shahp!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TractorEd

Picked up rims today!

PPG RAL 1013 Oyster White

9800E160-13A4-4D67-AD0D-3B6526161209.jpeg

• Excellent 6

Blasterdad

Those turned out BEAUTIFUL !!!

What size / kind of tires ya gonna put on them?  :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TractorEd
33 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

Those turned out BEAUTIFUL !!!

What size / kind of tires ya gonna put on them?  :popcorn:

Carlisle Tires

Versa Turf 23 x 8.5 R12 rear

Turf Saver 16 x 6.5 R8 front (4-ply)

To be honest, I was going to put 10.5’s on the rear but I really like these Versa Turfs! And they don’t make them in that size.

I put the same on the C-100 and like that tread for my yard which is nearly all hills.

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 3

Blasterdad

Nice! gotta love new shoes!!! :thumbs:

• Like 3

TractorEd

Now I just have to find time to go get them mounted.

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

TractorEd

I learned with the C-100 that when you put fresh powder coated rims on wheel hubs they tend to stick together really good.

This time around I made these “protectors” to hopefully avoid that again.

D12A6D65-4D39-45F1-AF53-B99F1A9C0F5B.jpeg

I cut them from a plastic divider for binders (folders).  I hope they work!

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 3

ohiofarmer
On 1/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, ebinmaine said:

:ROTF:

@Achto is having fun with Seafoam Deep Creep lately.  

@AHS is using a very particular WD-40 Company product. 

NOT the original formula but a penetrant.  

I've used Kroil. Expensive but good. 

My preference the last couple years has been good ole fashioned

Liquid Wrench Penetrating Oil. 

Inexpensive.  Effective.  Readily available.  

Patience is the key!!

I will throw a few more penetrating oil thoughts into the ring. It's called In force by BG products.it is sold by vendor shops that will try to sell you other things which I will not comment on. I think that different penetrating oils are better on different applications. i applied it to a Wheel horse deck at the aluminum blade towers that were at least forty years old. Six weeks later they came off with no snapped bolts, and the product was coating all the threads with a wet look. This is with one application only because i simply had other things to do. Never would have believed that could happen with one application. So for spray and forget it, quite the one application product

FreezeOff works great on motorcycle aluminum cases that have slowly bonded to the case screws. it is thin, but can crawl a long distance up bolt fine threads if applied over many days twice a day for a week or two. One other thing it excels at is to penetrate and loosen gasoline varnish where nothing else will do it. i have seen this stuff producing a bubbling reaction for an hour on gas varnish. i doubt that the manufacturer even knows this.Ignore the instructions on the can. Freeze off will cool down to frost on the metal it is sprayed on for thirty seconds.  Who wants to waste product and money like that?

Kroil is great stuff , but the propellant leaks away over time and that is expensive, i called the company and they were so kind to replace the can for me.

IMG_20230202_181840.jpg

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 2

TractorEd

One of the front rims is leaking air out the hole where the grease fitting threads into.

Anyone have a fix for that?  Pipe dope?

May be in the market for a front rim or pair of rims.

880BCA29-50E5-45CA-BFC3-B49CC1C4FE0F.jpeg

• Sad 2

Blasterdad
4 minutes ago, TractorEd said:

One of the front rims is leaking air out the hole where the grease fitting threads into.

Anyone have a fix for that?  Pipe dope?

I'd try teflon tape first, maybe a spot weld or JB weld on the inside of the rim ? Can you see a hole inside the rim? 

• Like 2

TractorEd
4 minutes ago, Blasterdad said:

I'd try teflon tape first, maybe a spot weld or JB weld on the inside of the rim ? Can you see a hole inside the rim? 

Tires were just mounted today, I don’t want to break the bead, not yet anyway.

• Like 2

TractorEd

If this pipe dope doesn’t work I’ll try Teflon tape.

• Like 2

ebinmaine

Tubes 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

kpinnc
2 hours ago, TractorEd said:

Anyone have a fix for that?  

Inner tube. 

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

TractorEd

45 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Tubes 

43 minutes ago, kpinnc said:

Inner tube. 

Yeah tubes for sure if it’s still leaking tomorrow.  I’ll get back on it this weekend and see if it drives.

Thanks!

• Like 3

ebinmaine
3 hours ago, TractorEd said:

Yeah tubes for sure if it’s still leaking tomorrow.  I’ll get back on it this weekend and see if it drives.

Thanks!

Ed, I've gotten to the point where ALL the tires I swap/deflate/install get a tube. 

No more trying with 3 men and a boy to get the bead to seat and situations like yours are eliminated.  

• Like 4

TractorEd

I’m happy to announce that, she’s a runner!

And a mover!

And the hydraulic lift works!

Money well spent!

I like exclamation points!!!

9A9C6206-37D6-4C82-808B-186FA7B91DDB.jpeg.5eb7e93fc0d67d8f51b3be9c5587a9fd.jpeg

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 6

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, TractorEd said:

I like exclamation points!!!

:ROTF:

• Haha 1

TractorEd

I still have work to do, but my other work has been consuming all my time!

Anyway, here’s a rando pic.  Does this routing look proper for a C-161 ( fuel line and ground for headlight/hood)?

1D7D7E92-88E2-479C-81B3-80DBF6E64D4D.jpeg

4A9B34CC-FA16-44C1-9094-E2014647C537.jpeg

• Like 2

c-series don

I’ve never seen the fuel line clamped to the shaker plate before. Usually clamped to the blower housing using the housing bolts. The ground wire was added as an additional. Personally I like the idea because the lights were grounded through the hood, which was grounded through the hood hinge pin and the hood latch. Just my observations over the years. Not that I worked at the factory or anything, although sometimes I wish I did! 

• Like 5

TractorEd
4 hours ago, c-series don said:

I’ve never seen the fuel line clamped to the shaker plate before. Usually clamped to the blower housing using the housing bolts. The ground wire was added as an additional. Personally I like the idea because the lights were grounded through the hood, which was grounded through the hood hinge pin and the hood latch. Just my observations over the years. Not that I worked at the factory or anything, although sometimes I wish I did! 

Thanks for the info!  The fuel line is clamped the same way on the other side of the shaker plate too.  I thought it was an interesting choice; maybe partially due to one of the blower housing bolt holes being strippped out (which I blue loctited that bolt in place for now).

Edit: These pics, and some other pics in other posts, were taken before I started working on getting it running and cleaned up.  I don’t want anyone thinking she’s being neglected!

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

TractorEd

I installed the front tubes and now she’s able to trot.

BAF9B8FC-BC75-45F1-9775-D24E7190766F.jpeg.392e2bb3e9358ef0ad03e0c4415a732a.jpeg

Then I greased all the fittings while she was still in the air.

And thanks to @A-Z Tractor she has a mule drive, too.

8387EE05-098D-4539-ADC9-69F4FBF6983E.jpeg.4996c5051bc04e0e9e6aa924386c6270.jpeg

Edited by TractorEd
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 4