Pullstart

Feeling Healthy - Diet, Weight Loss, Fasting

Pullstart

I realize I never really shared any supporting info on my decision.  This video is a great explanation of what happens in your body during a fast.  I must say, I am looking forward to that meal tonight!

Pullstart

This is another great video source.

ebinmaine

My Food goal today.

Somewhere around 9:00 a.m. will be a 14-hour fast for me.

At that point I eat my apple and a bag of BBT made protein bars that I brought in.

After that intake it will be coffee and water only until I get home. 3:30, 4:00 ?

Light snack and or meal and done eating by 6:00.

Repeat tomorrow.

Pullstart

EB it’s my understanding that fasting anything longer than 4 hours is using some food storage methods to feed you.  If that schedule works for you, rock it, man!

Well, I made my 3 days.  I followed up by cutting up some steak, cheeseburger leftovers, onions, green beans, and whipping them up in two scrambled eggs.  I had a portion of that, and saved the rest.  Jada made a gluten free dairy free pizza, so I ate a little 1” sliver of that and treated myself to a chocolate covered pretzel rod.  

I SLEPT GREAT!  It’s 8 am and I’m just waking up :laughing-rolling:

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

I just weighed in.  Beginning weight, 202.4.  Weight today, 189.2.  13.2 lbs in 13 days, or 6.5%.  Not too shabby.  

My BMI, which is controversial at best, has said I’m obese for a couple two, three years now.  Over 30.  I’m short and stocky and it doesn’t figure my muscle mass.  Today, it’s 29.7.  I’m happy to report I’m officially overweight!  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
31 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I just weighed in.  Beginning weight, 202.4.  Weight today, 189.2.  13.2 lbs in 13 days, or 6.5%.  Not too shabby.  

My BMI, which is controversial at best, has said I’m obese for a couple two, three years now.  Over 30.  I’m short and stocky and it doesn’t figure my muscle mass.  Today, it’s 29.7.  I’m happy to report I’m officially overweight!  :laughing-rolling:

You can take those BMI figures and statistics and flush them right down the toilet where they belong.

I've had multiple discussions with multiple doctors and even a couple of professional nutritionists over the years.

There are ways that they can measure your frame size using things like the diameter of your neck at a certain point and the width across your wrists.

I'm not by a long shot anything remotely close to a giant but I'm officially off the top of the scale on every single one of those stupid gauges that they try to use.

😂

• Like 1

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

.  13.2 lbs in 13 days

Nice job on that weight loss.

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
Just now, ebinmaine said:

You can take those BMI figures and statistics and flush them right down the toilet where they belong.

I agree whole heartedly.  I think it!s funny that when they do the physical, they can’t even say “obese.”  They have to point to it in their pamphlet.  Can’t nobody be offended now.

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I am officially starting a thing.  I’m calling it the 100 Big Macs Challenge.  A Big Mac is 563 calories.  3500 calories is 1 pound.  16.1 pounds is equivalent to 100 Big Macs!  Let’s do this!

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

Uhm...

Perhaps you should watch the "documentary" Supersize Me before you embark on such a challenge... :scared-eek:

:popcorn:

Pullstart
59 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Uhm...

Perhaps you should watch the "documentary" Supersize Me before you embark on such a challenge... :scared-eek:

:popcorn:

Oh, not eating 100 sammies, loosing them!

• Like 1

Pullstart

A huge shout out to @ebinmaine and BBT, she designed a short exercise routine and last week, we did a Zoom meeting style workout.  I didn’t think I was sore, but my massage therapist found otherwise!  My calves were locked up tighter than a penitentiary yesterday!  

I weighed in this morning at 191.6, kind of a plateau.  I am still fasting 16 hours a day, and the other day I saw a small Milky Way candy bar and told myself, “I have earned this, I can eat it and enjoy it.”  Well, I did, and I didn’t.  I ate it, but it wasn’t great.  Normally, I’d go back to the candy dish for a few more, but this time I had no urge to eat another.  It’s funny how weaning yourself from sugars makes you not have that “gotta have it” addiction!

I mentioned my massage therapist.  Heidi is like a sister to me, no funny business.  She normally asks what is bothering me, and I normally tell her to find it herself.  She has cool methods of magnetized rings doing shock therapy, she does cupping (vacuum cups that pull muscles out and remove toxins from your body too), and good ole’ dig your thumbs in and find funky spots that make you wanna jump off the table.  I generally get a massage, then a chiropractic adjustment following.  I have found that the relaxation of muscles, allows the cracker to keep my bones aligned better. Yesterday, she said “I don’t want this to sound weird, but I can feel the difference in your body.  Your muscles feel different.  Is that weird that I know your body that well?”  I think that’s pretty cool, that this fasting wasn’t just a weight loss, but a toner as well.

My wife and I ordered DDP Yoga.  “It ain’ yo’ momma’s yoga!”  In our hectic schedule of running kids around and other commitments, we will work in our yogis and strength what needs strengthen’in.  There’s some pretty cool stories like this out there.  I know I don’t have that much to loose, but I’m looking to gain core strength and stability.

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

There have been two days I can remember since this beginning, where I ate breakfast and did not intermittent fast.  Once my bowels and other body parts filled up a bit more, I settled back up to around 191 for the last week or so.  Still a good win!  Mrs. P and I started the DDP Yoga and it whooped me!  It’s breathing and stretching, but I couldn’t believe his techniques, and how your simple muscle resistance can make you sore!  Did you know that stretching makes blood vessels and muscles rush with fresh blood, like yawning is a blast of oxygen to your brain?

Today, I’m back into the 180’s at 189.4.  Feeling great still too!

• Excellent 3

Sailman

Congrats on a great job Pullstart! The mental discipline it takes to do what you are doing is awesome. Now that you are on this path you can moderate your diet to match your goals. Keeping the sugar out, eating more lean meats, fish, vegetables and fruits will help you maintain that goal along with exercise. The way your body is telling you how much better you feel and the success you experience stepping on the scale are the benefits that will pay off a long time! 

I just turned 70, eat healthy, fast annually, take vitamins and supplements and need NO meds of any kind. We can do a lot just by how we eat and with enough activity and exercise.

Edited by Sailman
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

It’s been about a month since this journey began.  I started by slashing 13.2 lbs in 13 days if I recall.  It’s been slow, but mostly constant since then. This morning, I am less than 1/2 lb from my 100 Big Macs (caloric value of 563 each) goal of 16.1 lbs.  I’m still intermittent fasting daily and have felt plenty of energy.  Mornings lately I’ve had more hunger feels than usual but no lack of energy.

It feels good to feel good again!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Over the course of the winter I've had quite a few days where I was getting more and more tired. Sleep pattern was getting better so that just didn't make any sense to me.

I've also started wheezing a little bit. I can't say that's a huge shock because asthma runs pretty consistently throughout my family but I've not had it yet.

Trina's mom saw an article on TV that was partially to do with uncommon but possible side effects of the gabapentin I've been taking.

Chances are fairly low in all reality that the gabapentin would be the cause of the wheezing but it could be a cause of a lack of energy.

I had tried some days of fasting and had good success for one or two but then on the second or third I was lacking energy more than usual.

Had a little consultation with the doctor the other day and we've decided to slowly narrow down and then eliminate the gabapentin for a couple months to see how my energy and breathing is in comparison to my pain levels.

I was already on a fairly low dose but I've cut that in half over the last two weeks.

I do feel a little bit better as far as fatigue level....

Unfortunately I'm a little more achy. That's to be expected though.

We'll see how it goes.

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

You totally got this @ebinmaine!

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Well this morning, I’m down 16.6 lbs, officially over 100 Big Macs lost!

103.19 Big Macs to be precise!  :banana-linedance:

• Excellent 2

stevebo

Kevin,

That is awesome to hear! Keep it going buddy. I am not fasting but following another diet as mentioned earlier and I am down 20lbs. I have another 9 to go to reach my goal weight. 

• Excellent 3

Pullstart

That’s amazing @stevebo!  We’re gonna have to have name tags at the Big Show so people will know who we are!

• Haha 1

Pullstart

I joked with @ebinmaine about celebrating with a trip to the Golden Arches today… but I have better plans.  

Pork butt is on the smoker now and the chuck roast will go on in a bit.  

2783FCA9-5A8E-4133-812F-D8BE29F6F6D1.jpeg

02C7D557-8ED3-420D-8760-06DDF78B602E.png

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

Pullstart

It seemed around 13-15 lbs lost, there was a plateau where I slowed down.  Since Wednesday, I’m down another 1.4 for a total of 18 lbs lost.  My intermittent fasting resumes, no normal breakfast regimen with just a few cheat days this journey.  Exercise is getting better for the most part.  Yesterday, I did a fair amount of wood splitting blowing one of these oak rounds to pieces, so working out with BBT and EB was a little sluggish feeling.  Today, I don’t feel terrible yet!

B9B8043C-D14C-4B49-A621-FAC6270F2089.jpeg.e240cf0ef46d12524a19fae828bde84b.jpeg

1AE0EFC2-69D8-464F-8853-B0D9F8329D93.jpeg.8e68efc75562f33e79fae3475ff94634.jpeg

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
2 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

I don’t feel terrible yet!

:ROTF:

Yet.  

• Thanks 1

Pullstart
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

:ROTF:

Yet.  

Mrs P says normally day two is the worst.  I told her I should just keep it at day 1 then, and split more!