Pullstart

Feeling Healthy - Diet, Weight Loss, Fasting

rmaynard
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

Hope all is well with the ticker!

It's been an on-going problem since 2019. Sawbones says "it" probably won't kill me. :-? Hmmm

• Like 3

rmaynard

Sunday weigh-in 228.6 

Spent all day yesterday at a soccer tournament. Lots of snacks, then late lunch. Only 7467 steps  Should be up a couple of pounds...

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, rmaynard said:

Sunday weigh-in 228.6 

Spent all day yesterday at a soccer tournament. Lots of snacks, then late lunch. Only 7467 steps  Should be up a couple of pounds...

Given that information I'd call that a win.

I'll follow any sort of a step counter so take this advice with a grain of salt..

I was reading a few weeks ago that the supposed 10,000 steps a day is a false number that was created by good marketing and/or bad trend setting online.

I don't know if there's some sort of number generator that would tell you how many you should really be doing?

One of the bigger issues with "10K a day"  is that a lot of folks are putting too much focus on the volume of steps and not enough focus on the type, quality and heart rate.  

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
On 5/17/2023 at 11:35 AM, ebinmaine said:

About a week and a half ago I was 273.6.

This morning I'm   266.6

Memorial Day Weekend was... Challenging. 😜

Then we had the Luau. 

I'd set some back on for both of those.....

Down 7 lbs. 

Let's keep this going!!

• Excellent 2

Pullstart

172.6 this morning on the digitizer.  That was before the morning rituals :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Pullstart

171.2 lbs this morning.  193.96 caloric Big Macs!

• Excellent 1

Pullstart

1 more pound and it would be 200 Big Macs.  Geesh!  

I’m feeling good!

• Heart 1

Pullstart

After 5 days on the road, I’m happy to report no (big) gains.  172 and feeling great!  

Edited by Pullstart
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

ebinmaine

I'm still hovering right in the 266 ....

Been about 2 weeks so it's time to get going ⤵️ again.

• Excellent 1

Treepep
On 6/4/2023 at 11:06 AM, ebinmaine said:

Given that information I'd call that a win.

I'll follow any sort of a step counter so take this advice with a grain of salt..

I was reading a few weeks ago that the supposed 10,000 steps a day is a false number that was created by good marketing and/or bad trend setting online.

I don't know if there's some sort of number generator that would tell you how many you should really be doing?

One of the bigger issues with "10K a day"  is that a lot of folks are putting too much focus on the volume of steps and not enough focus on the type, quality and heart rate.  

I just came across this post.

Great work lady and gentlemen!

@Pullstart  we fast several time a year however it is a juice/veg fast.  No caffeine no beers no animal protein.  Just vegetable juice and we have protein shakes. Water of course.  We do this for (X) number of days and then slowly introduce other stuff back in.  I do not currently have an issue with weight however I do not want it to be an issue.  As we all know it is much harder to take off than out on.

Myself usually sugar/carb free save the beer here and there.  I am not a preachin on my box I just think you have to figure out you and ya'll are doing great!  Keep up the great work, its for you and your family.  Totally worth it:greetings-clappingyellow:

• Excellent 2

rmaynard

After a weekend of tractors, waffles, hotdogs with kraut, tractors, pie, tractors, pulled pork, pies....

Weight this morning was still 228.6. I call that a win.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

Tractorhead

Weight loss? 
I find it depends on Weight and if i feel comfortable with that weight.
how much i weight? Huh, dunno... i believe 75-76Kilos.
I bin my scale about 3 years ago or so.

Having each Day a Walk of about 1,5 Km with the Dog right after Dinner makes me feeling allright.

Kati do the other Walk. Mostly the Morning Walk with same distances.

Having lot of movement each Day ( shure i do few things with my Tractas)
but like today, i cutting the Hedge with the Beast to take care of my Back 
But than i collect the Cut later on with a manual rake and by Hands.

All together it was 3 Cubicmeters of Cut spreaded in 2 Big Bags along an 70 m Hedge.
Than the Wheelhorse ride it for me to the Dump.
Dumping each of the Bigbags by Hands, so enough movement for today at 36degC.

I eat everything what i like, but mostly once a Day.
in Summer for me, an Icecream a Day is a must. 😎
gently Breakfast - mostly a Nutella Bread sometimes with peanut butter....
Mostly no Lunch and at Dinner all i like, that is my reciept.

There be day‘s out of this ritual, but they be rare.

Coffee is a must have the whole day so about 1-2 Litres a Day for me is fully normal.
sometimes added by 0.5 litre Water or A 0,5litre Pepsi a Day.

Troubles with weight?

Canot imagine that i have it anytime, except in that time when i eat regulary.

So i go back to my Lifestyle and my weight comes down quickly.

The only thing i have learned, all the Weight loss tries where absolute senseless without movement.
Diets with medicals are mostly helped them, who sale it .

Weight loss is easy, keep the Weight is the Challenge.
😉

• Like 4

ebinmaine
9 hours ago, rmaynard said:

After a weekend of tractors, waffles, hotdogs with kraut, tractors, pie, tractors, pulled pork, pies....

Weight this morning was still 228.6. I call that a win.

So were you able to see any tractors ?? 

• Haha 2

Pullstart

A little update.  I tend to over indulge once in a while, when presented the opportunity.  Before the Big Show a month ago, I was knocking on 170 even.  After the two weeks of shows in PA and WI, I was up to 174 or so, not bad given road food, gatherings, etc.  On the morning before our cruise travels, I weighed 173.  Coming home, I was 187!  I managed to put on 14 lbs in 7 days!  We camped last weekend and I’m now at 180.  Talk about a yo-yo here.  I’m getting right back onto the intermittent fasting bandwagon and might even plan one meal a day a few days this week.  I’m positive that I ate more in a week than the entire month previous!  So, we’ll substitute this story in this thread for my normal bumps and bruises appearance :lol: 

• Haha 1

Treepep

A little update.  I tend to over indulge once in a while, when presented the opportunity.  Before the Big Show a month ago, I was knocking on 170 even.  After the two weeks of shows in PA and WI, I was up to 174 or so, not bad given road food, gatherings, etc.  On the morning before our cruise travels, I weighed 173.  Coming home, I was 187!  I managed to put on 14 lbs in 7 days!  We camped last weekend and I’m now at 180.  Talk about a yo-yo here.  I’m getting right back onto the intermittent fasting bandwagon and might even plan one meal a day a few days this week.  I’m positive that I ate more in a week than the entire month previous!  So, we’ll substitute this story in this thread for my normal bumps and bruises appearance :lol: 

Yeah back to real life:handgestures-thumbupright:  Glad that you had a nice time and enjoyed the food!  We took the Mom in law over to Italy a few years back.  I also came back from travels with ten pounds of fluff  and zits like a teenager.  Would not trade the time/food and a week at home cleared that business up.  Cant eat perfect all the time but... gotta attempt i guess:rolleyes:  Pro trainer neighbor assigns activity to a number of food and beverages.  That is how i cheat.  Ice cream... 2.5 mile run. etc.  etc. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
8 minutes ago, Treepep said:

Yeah back to real life:handgestures-thumbupright:  Glad that you had a nice time and enjoyed the food!  We took the Mom in law over to Italy a few years back.  I also came back from travels with ten pounds of fluff  and zits like a teenager.  Would not trade the time/food and a week at home cleared that business up.  Cant eat perfect all the time but... gotta attempt i guess:rolleyes:  Pro trainer neighbor assigns activity to a number of food and beverages.  That is how i cheat.  Ice cream... 2.5 mile run. etc.  etc. 

Well if ice cream = 2.5 miles, I’ll holler at you when I circle the globe once or twice!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine

I weighed in this morning at 268.1

Look up a bit but I've been struggling with my meds again which I had a feeling was going to happen because the timing was about right...

I've gone off of the gabapentin completely as of last Thursday so 4 days now.

I worked very hard yesterday for the first time in quite a while. 

Definitely feeling it today but I don't think it's excessive or abnormal.

I've decided to add a different supplement into the routine and just try to keep up with the stretching and movements.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ineedanother

I just stumbled on this thread and it hope @Pullstart you're doing well. I haven't read all of the posts but will add my .02 anyway. For what it's worth (won't get a cup of coffee) I've been in the medical field for >30 years and taught A&P for many at CCs. 

If you fast, you're telling your body that you're experiencing a famine (your DNA has likely seen many). Your body will respond to preserve your life in the short term, certainly, but it will also believe that it should develop more stores of energy moving forward (fat). Don't do this IMO.

In today's world, you should condition your metabolism to know that it will receive balanced meals throughout the day. If you do this, and not be sedentary, you will not get overweight or obese unless you break from that protocol. This is my opinion and not meant to be the opinion of the moderators :D

• Like 1

Pullstart
9 hours ago, ineedanother said:

obese

I do appreciate your input and know this should not be used as a quick fix.  The 14 lbs in 7 days that I gained back was because I had “free” food everywhere, as much as I want, and plenty of drinks to wash it down with.  I realize that could never be my daily routine either.

I quoted one word from you, because I know that obesity in the USA especially is a huge problem.  I also believe the way we determine that one is considered obese is absolute trash.  My density should matter.  My muscle mass should matter.  My annual medical records determine though that my height and my weight dictate my obesity, and it’s recorded that way.  I am strong in the head in a good way, and have managed to drop well over 20 lbs, but to be continually told that I’m obese, probably has an ability to do it’s own long term effects.

I hope this is considered as my point of view and not a blatant argument.  I mean no disrespect and understand that you have generations of research available and I have just my personal experience and a few others to guide me.  Thank you for the post!

• Like 2

ineedanother

I hope this is considered as my point of view and not a blatant argument. 

Absolutely. I think it's great that you're addressing your concerns. It's not easy to drop weight and a lot of folks never put forth the effort that you're showing. I hope you keep the faith and will to reach your goal :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

ebinmaine

Knock on wood 🪵 

I'm happy to report after a month and half of no meds and changing supplements I'm feeling.... pretty good.   

I weighed in at 265.9. 

Lightest I've been in quite awhile.  

• Heart 3

Pullstart

I was thinking maybe an update to this thread this morning!  You go EB!  I’ve kind of settled in around 175-178 the last month or so.  I’m comfortable with that and feel good with energy levels and day to day performance.

Side bar.

I really enjoy the UFC and combat sports.  You probably won’t ever see me in the cage, however.  I see these ripped dudes (and chicks) battling it out in there.  I have to realize and remember they cut upwards of 20+ lbs for weigh ins, then stack it all back on.  It’s probably not realistic to see that and in a way idolize they’re appearance as it’s not even realistic for those that train daily, multiple times daily, etc.

• Like 1

Sailman

Congrats @Pullstart and @ebinmaine on your progress staying healthy. While I don't dispute there are folks who need certain meds, the reality is we are such an over medicated society due to the influence of big pharma and its tentacles in the medical industry and the government. Common sense, healthy diet, proper supplements, physical activity and sensing what our own bodies need or don't need are the keys to good health. :thumbs2:

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Pullstart

@Sailman we can’t discount good old vitamin D and some of nature’s salt water from the nearest (or furthest) ocean!  

3DA1214B-A69D-4DB1-ABCF-71044A4B8E20.jpeg

• Like 3

davem1111
On 7/27/2023 at 7:06 AM, Pullstart said:

I quoted one word from you, because I know that obesity in the USA especially is a huge problem.  I also believe the way we determine that one is considered obese is absolute trash.  My density should matter.  My muscle mass should matter.  My annual medical records determine though that my height and my weight dictate my obesity, and it’s recorded that way.  I am strong in the head in a good way, and have managed to drop well over 20 lbs, but to be continually told that I’m obese, probably has an ability to do it’s own long term effects.

Have to agree with you on this one.  I have big bones and am "stocky" but have very little fat on my body.  At 5'7" I weigh around 175, which I think puts me in the "dang close to obese" category with their stupid BMI rules.  In high school 50 years ago I weighed 170 for football season and dropped to 158 for wrestling, but in neither case was I anywhere near obese, nor am I now.  The main reason it bothers me at all though, is that we have to get health points to keep a discount on our healthcare premiums, and it's harder to get points when you're accused of being obese or near it.  Dumb rules.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1