peter lena

garage door opener , straight arm

peter lena

https://www.northshorecommercialdoor.com/li22gadoopst.html?msclkid=941f00ea8d2414682148632028460a40&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ECI - Google Shopping -   , just moving stuff around , had a spare ,  was thinking about  a bracket make up point ,  add a male / female heim joint , hook up a chain , etc  paint it red , pete 

• Like 5

ebinmaine

Depending on length that could be a replacement for a solid plow link eh? 

• Like 2

peter lena

@ebinmaine,  yup thats what I was thinking , could easily  , make that into something , made to lift a garage door  , so you know its solid  and already  hole drilled . regularly  make things up  from  a what if  idea , I  won't  tell anybody  you might dare to  create a fix , pete

• Like 3

Racinbob

Yup. I've had and still have a couple of those. Repurposed several. I never get rid of them. :)

• Like 4

19richie66

I have three of them laying on my table. Son is in the garage door business so when he swaps out a opener, I have him save them for me. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@19richie66   when you think about it , if you cut out the  hole drilled  section of that bar  , elastic lock nut bolted to the , upper lift arm , that would make it smooth / solid ,grease  from there , eliminating the  trunnion  sloppy play / wear spot . then add chain / heim make up easier at lower connection . just an idea , always experiment  with  easy function / hook up / durability / you can make  attachments  hook up and work  easily ,  if you do that  ,  the  you cant do that starts   ,  have that on my horses , pete

• Like 1

peter lena

@ebinmaine   as you know , when you set up anything  , repeating its  intended function , gives you other improvement ideas , smooth short shank  bolt  at top connection  washers , eclectic lock nut , grease, would make the start of the lift , easy /  solid. also detail related  connection points , lubricant .  make it feel like  butter , once I  started  that on my linkage areas , now its a regular thing , I  won't tell any one , pete

• Like 1