Cee245

Need help with adjusting hydro linkage

Cee245

Having an issue with reverse on my 416h. I've adjusted the neutral creep before and am just now trying to get it just right.... I know to clean and use dry lube etc because of this site  

I currently have it so when I push the brake, it stops with no creep at all.(I checked this with it jacked up)

Problem is when I use reverse it is SLOW. What am I missing?  

I can't seem to get it right, yet. 😕 

Thanks

16665738457352029779023720512314.jpg

1666573891685649050214091529832.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Does the motion control lever rotate the cam plate through the entire length of the forward/reverse slot ?

If it isn't going to full reverse, you probably need to lengthen the control rod, then readjust the cam nut to set zero creep.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

peter lena

@Cee245 agree with @Ed Kennell  on the detailing , look over and verify each stage for function , would also lubricate movement areas , where needed . super lube is very good for detailing , only  a suggestion , pete

• Like 1

Cee245

Thanks @Ed Kennell !!  after more investigating I agree. 

• Like 1

Cee245

Although, I have a foot conversion on this machine. When I push down the whole way, it seems it needs more room. I'm guessing I'd have to adjust the foot control first. (This info would have been more helpful in my original post!)

When the 80hour weeks stop next week, I'll be able to devote some more time to figuring this out. 

• Like 2