OldWorkHorse

New project 1973-17 aka 7317

Moparfanforever

Looks like a cool project!! Always wondered if a KT or a Mag 18 would fit under the hood of that style tractor. 

I see it has the oil filter block off plate on it, are you putting an oil filter on it ??

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
47 minutes ago, Moparfanforever said:

Looks like a cool project!! Always wondered if a KT or a Mag 18 would fit under the hood of that style tractor. 

I see it has the oil filter block off plate on it, are you putting an oil filter on it ??

Yes it's going to get a oil filter and pressure gauge once passes the worth putting money into test. And as for fitting it will.... whether or not this project becomes bigger then I want it to and frame and hood get stretched is a differnt story BUT it will fit :laughing-rolling: I enjoy the old style of these and I want a worker horse want a C160 but since @ebinmaine owns them all i figure ill just build the next best thing! These photos are just putting things where they should go no fine tuning and nothing measured out or bolted down just getting idea If it can be done so dont judge it by the photos yet. 

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Pullstart
36 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

want a C160 but since @ebinmaine owns them all

he does kind of have the market cornered!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse
4 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

We talked he's gonna start a wheel horse dealership so if you want a wheel horse go to @ebinmaine for anything you need as long as it's a C160 only :laughing-rolling::ychain:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine

Trina says you NEED to repaint your dolly. Lavender doesn't match the shed decor.  

:ROTF:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

C160

2 hours ago, Pullstart said:

2 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

C160

I'd like to point out that I ONLY have SIX C160s. 

And a C165...

And a 416...

And a spare K341 engine....

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
7 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Trina says you NEED to repaint your dolly. Lavender doesn't match the shed decor.  

:ROTF:

It's left over from funner times and projects past AKA FlowahPowah 😅

• Like 3

OldWorkHorse
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

The SIX we know of not the hidden ones or the in the works ones 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
7 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

The SIX we know of not the hidden ones or the in the works ones 🤣

Oh no no. That's the total :wh: count as I know it.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

OldWorkHorse
1 minute ago, ebinmaine said:

Oh no no. That's the total :wh: count as I know it.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Oooohhhh I thought wheel horse counts were like dog years x7? Haha. You still got a good collection of them. Gonna have to change your name to Eb160 here soon. :ychain:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oliver2-44
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Now EB…….your talking to the best bunch of number mumblers outside Washington DC. To this crowd 6 means at least 10 and closer to 16. O But I see you used some code language there

“ as I know it”.  :laughing-rofl:
You were hoping we missed that.  

• Haha 3

8ntruck

That 'splains EB's barn - a Wheel Horse dealership!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
15 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

having to go under the knife and a roughly 6 week recovery after, so shop life might be limited

I pray that your operation and recovery will go smoothly and are successful. Sitting and thinking shop time is a part any good recuperation plan!

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 3

OldWorkHorse
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

I pray that your operation and recovery will go smoothly and are successful. Sitting and thinking shop time is a part any good recuperation plan!

Thank you very much! I'm sure I'll make it in there but they won't let me lift for 6 weeks so maybe cleaning and painting haha. Somthing will get done tho!

• Heart 1

kpinnc
16 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

And a C165...

And a 416...

And a spare K341 engine....

...And I actually woke up this morning feeling better about not having one. 

Thanks Eb! :sleeping-drool:

Thought I'd found one a couple weeks ago. Turned out to be a C-120.

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

kpinnc
19 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Yes it's going to get a oil filter and pressure gauge once passes the worth putting money into test.

Please elaborate. I feel the need to know these things! :P

Very cool project BTW!!!

Edited by kpinnc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OldWorkHorse

@kpinnc The motor is in good shape, but when I bought it, it was in a toro 117 groundsmaster so when I went to test fire it the starter was stuck so I havnt got to start it yet because I had to take the motor out of the unit just to get to the starter so now that I had some free time I got the starter working and turned it over. Just have to get a coil so if it starts and runs good the motor is tapped for a oil filter and a oil gauge so like to get both installed that's the goal. 

Edited by OldWorkHorse

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

@kpinnc The motor is in good shape, but when I bought it, it was in a toro 117 groundsmaster so when I went to test fire it the starter was stuck so I havnt got to start it yet because I had to take the motor out of the unit just to get to the starter so now that I had some free time I got the starter working and turned it over. Just have to get a coil so if it starts and runs good the motor is tapped for a oil filter and a oil gauge so like to get both installed that's the goal. 

What exactly did you have to do to the starter to get it spinning?

Bring that thing over here and we'll hook up one of my spare coils to it.  

• Excellent 1

kpinnc
50 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

@kpinnc The motor is in good shape, but when I bought it, it was in a toro 117

I was just funnin with ya. My point was that NONE of my machines would have passed the "worth putting money into" test under most situations. In NC we refer to most finds as "swamp fresh"! :rolleyes:

I too have a Toro Grounds Master, but it has the Onan in it. As you already know, they run everything from the flywheel side. My Onan has a stub on the PTO side, so it will never work on a Wheel Horse. That's a shame too, because it runs great and has the remote filter/ oil cooler setup, but the deck rotted away years before I even got it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OldWorkHorse

Yeah that is a slight bummer they decided to run them that way. I'm hoping this 1 will work out good and go in without to much fighting me 🤣 just stuff laying around figuring I'd clean up some floor space haha

OldWorkHorse
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

What exactly did you have to do to the starter to get it spinning?

Mostly I looked at it with a angry face then wiggled it with my fingers and hit it with wd40 works like new now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Not much of a update but I am in the process of tearing down the rolling chassis, and 1 of the tear downs is removing the rear hubs off the transmission. I personally havnt had to much issue in the past removing the ones I've needed too but now that I mention it I have a feeling I just might now. So I went ahead and built my 1st wheel horse specific tool and made myself a hub puller!

20221009_154337.jpg

• Excellent 3

OldWorkHorse

So not much has happend on the 7317 last few months, took the kt17 down to @ebinmaine and went over that and bench tested it. Fired right up so that's good news. Hadnt been able to get back down there and pick it back up till i healed from surgery then once i did winter set in so been slow going. But its back and started to get it cleaned and painted, also stockpiling the parts going to need to put it all together. 

20230219_134143.jpg

Edited by OldWorkHorse
  • Excellent 7

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

its back and started to get it cleaned and painted, also stockpiling the parts

Great to see this going together.

• Like 1