Evguy
12 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

This was... more than a slow leak... :rolleyes:

100_2188.JPG.34402b42e4bc23ef01617f304de70683.JPG

Don

Stick a patch on, its fine :lol:

• Haha 1

Snoopy11

Snoopified... and added some extra lights... (I realized that I couldn't see the sides of the mowing deck when I run the machine in the dark)...

100_2196.JPG.1e8c8cc419162ceb1a37cdcf0fb2ec7f.JPG

100_2198.JPG.ccc7ec1aadceb35fe36a538f7ee204bf.JPG

100_2199.JPG.98bcc551552f69377ce6a79781449dcf.JPG

Don

• Like 2
  • Excellent 6

Snoopy11

'das bright....

100_2210.JPG.1332ff8e495930e40271a21e0b79704f.JPG

100_2212.JPG.91eb314307a5a3997cfcbddfdbfe032e.JPG

100_2215.JPG.5dfbc08dcbd7641eb1fa7c457120bcb5.JPG

Don

• Like 5
  • Excellent 4

peter lena

@Snoopy11  like your progress , just steadily  getting after everything!  would get after related belt drive bouncing on deck , maybe add  a couple of idler pulleys ?  same idea on the long unsupported chain drive set up , maybe a bolt on bracket with a  chain idler sprocket  just to control that chain flop , detail in those front swivel wheels , often have serious drag issues . that w/d 40  spray  definitely  helped  looks , paint feed . also detail in those drive levers , probably loaded with play/ sloppy  action . pete

• Excellent 1

Snoopy11
9 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Snoopy11  like your progress , just steadily  getting after everything!  would get after related belt drive bouncing on deck , maybe add  a couple of idler pulleys ?  same idea on the long unsupported chain drive set up , maybe a bolt on bracket with a  chain idler sprocket  just to control that chain flop , detail in those front swivel wheels , often have serious drag issues . that w/d 40  spray  definitely  helped  looks , paint feed . also detail in those drive levers , probably loaded with play/ sloppy  action . pete

Thanks @peter lena... I appreciate the pep talk. There is a bit of slop in the drive levers. I haven't quite decided what I want to do about that. When I move them together to start moving, they touch each other... it's a little annoying, honestly... :eusa-think:

In other news... you know... Pete I started growing a beard a couple of months ago... just to top off the goatee... and I use Lucas grease to keep it all slicked back and under control.... :hide:

:laughing-rolling:

Don

Edited by Snoopy11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Evguy

to start moving, they touch each other... it's a littleannoying, honestly... :eusa-think:

I had a thought of cutting 1/2 inch off each. Or a bit of weld on the stop block.

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11
3 hours ago, Evguy said:

I had a thought of cutting 1/2 inch off each. Or a bit of weld on the stop block

True, I thought about a bit of weld as well. I didn't think about cutting them... maybe another good option...

Honestly though... after a full day of mowing with it... I really don't ever notice it to be an issue... funny how you can unconsciously train yourself... :P

Don

• Like 2

Snoopy11

Well, one of the idler pulleys for the blade belt blew out today... so I had to order another...

A little frustrating.... :roll:

Don

Snoopy11

Updating this thread.

The machine has been running like a champ since I worked out the starter solenoid issue. I won't go into too much detail about that... but I am going to really start digging into this machine over the winter.

I plan to dismount the mowing deck, repair some holes in it. I want to completely disassemble all electrical components, and rewire everything with new wire. I plan to paint all interior engine bay components, frame, etc. I plan to change all the belts on the machine, completely clean all chain drive components and lubricate everything... grease all deck components and pack idler bearings wherever possible. I plan to change all the oils in the machine.

I may very well paint the rims as well.

I think this machine will look pristine when I am done. Pretty much, I wan to ensure that this machine is reliable. While it won't get much use, if any, in the Spring and Summer (the JD zero turn is the main mower)... I want it to be a reliable backup mower for when (notice I say WHEN not IF) the JD zero turn has failures.

Stay tuned, this one is going to be a sweet winter project!!! :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

sjoemie himself

:popcorn:

• Thanks 1

Snoopy11

Anybody got any ideas on what color of paint to buy for the rims? I am looking for some type of Rustoleum to match the current color... :eusa-think:

Maybe you, @sjoemie himself? :confusion-confused: @ebinmaine @Jeff-C175 @davem1111 :greetings-waveyellow:

Don

sjoemie himself

To match it something like a silver grey might work although that's a little bright.

Since you're going with a bomber theme I think gunmetal grey or anthracite might look mean :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 1

The Freightliner Guy

Ooh I got one white :D

or red that’d look cool ish or gold or silver or black. 

Kollin:D

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, sjoemie himself said:

Since you're going with a bomber theme I think gunmetal grey or anthracite might look mean :handgestures-thumbupright:

Anthracite! Never heard of it before... I had to Google search it... I LIKE IT!!! :D

You definitely get where I am going with this machine though... going for that 'mean' aggressive look... :banana-rock:

Don

• Like 1

Snoopy11

When I am done with it... I want ZERO rust anywhere on the machine... :occasion-snowman:

I have Spraymax 2k clear coat in stock here on the funny farm, and lot's of other paint and supplies. I plan to get started on it pretty soon... with lots of :text-coolphotos: ...of course... :banana-dance:

Don

• Like 1

ebinmaine

Looks silver?

We haven't used any silver trying to match.  

Best bet might be try a couple. 

Whichever one DOESN'T match use as a base coat or another project.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jeff-C175
23 minutes ago, Snoopy11 said:

Anybody got any ideas on what color of paint to buy for the rims? I am looking for some type of Rustoleum to match the current color... :eusa-think:

Maybe you, @sjoemie himself? :confusion-confused: @ebinmaine @Jeff-C175 @davem1111 :greetings-waveyellow:

Don

They gray-ish now?

When I was doing the VW I liked the Rust-Oleum wheel paint, but it is a metallic.

• Thanks 1

Lee1977

I used Graphite wheel paint by Dupli Color on the 312;

SAM-1476-3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 5

Snoopy11
26 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

I used Graphite wheel paint by Dupli Color on the 312

Oh I like that a LOT!!! Thank-you very much! :greetings-waveyellow:

I think I am going to go with that... looking to order some now... :greetings-clappingyellow:

1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Looks silver?

1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

They gray-ish now?

Eric, Jeff, yes, they are grayish silver... mixed with tinges of rust... and UH-GUH-LY!!! :P

Don

• Like 1

davem1111
16 hours ago, Snoopy11 said:

Don

I've been using Rustoleum Shell White on my rims, but I think in your case the Graphite or some Silver would look great. I like the way that Graphite looks - may need to get some of that.

• Like 1

Southern_Secret

Can you attach implement's to this machine?

• Like 1

Snoopy11
Just now, Southern_Secret said:

Can you attach implement's to this machine?

Now that you mention it... I do believe that you could put an Agri-fab blade on this machine... but keep in mind... removing the mowing deck is NOT an enjoyable task!!! :P

Don

Southern_Secret

@Snoopy11 Wasn't sure if it was made for that or not, I just noticed the PTO on the back and thought it might be.

• Like 1

Snoopy11
1 minute ago, Southern_Secret said:

Wasn't sure if it was made for that or not, I just noticed the PTO on the back and thought it might be.

I don't think it was necessarily made for implements... and I do try to take it easy with the hydros on this machine. I always come to a complete stop before going backwards, and I don't pressure the machine to turn quickly... (okay, I'll be honest, it isn't just about taking care of the hydros... this thing will RIP YOUR YARD UP!!!) LOL :laughing-rolling:

Since I have... 6? machines in the shop now, 2 of which are hard workers... the 718-Z can live a life of luxury and relaxation. :lol:

Don

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Snoopy11

i.e., I don't do this: :angry-screaming:

Don

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1