dhr5050

non-K241AS engine that will swap into c-100

I am looking for an engine that will easily swap into my C100 that is not the K241AS. Any suggestions?

First of all, a K241AS will not directly fit your C-100. The original engine was a K241S. A K301S, K321S or K341S will directly fit as they all have the same foot print, output shaft, PTO connections etc. As far as other engines, there will have to be some modifications. Other members have used Predator engines from Harbor Freight with reasonable success.

:WRS:

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 3

The 'AS' was used on the 78-84 models with the shaker mount engine. The oil pan is different. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Racinbob said:

The 'AS' was used on the 78-84 models with the shaker mount engine. The oil pan is different. :)

Were the "A" special oil pans smaller to clear the shaker plate Bob?

Lower and smaller than a regular one, to fit inside the cradle and not add too much height, plus it had an additional well in the bottom that went between the rails of the cradle mount to accommodate the correct amount of oil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:text-yeahthat: The 'A' designation was for special oil pan. If you look at a model list you'll see that the 78-84 models used an 'AS' engine. After that they got rid of the wobble mount and went back to a 'S' Engine. :)

• Like 2

@JPWH worked it out OK, Take a look starting on post # 78.

So if I put a  K241s oil pan on a K241AS then it will fit my C100 and essentially become a K241s? Is it feasible and easy to swap the oil pans? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my horse up and running as fast as possible.

8 hours ago, dhr5050 said:

So if I put a  K241s oil pan on a K241AS then it will fit my C100 and essentially become a K241s? Is it feasible and easy to swap the oil pans? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my horse up and running as fast as possible.

No, they will not interchange. What Jay did in his post was to make an adapter.

The photo in post # 78 that I attached above shows this photo of the difference.

KIMG0914.jpg.98de0436c8b7e3d5927e055d4bcf36eb.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know what type engine is what. But if you could post a picture maybe that would help. If you have the same engine I have the bolts that mount the engine come up from the bottom. I have a small block and could have used a shallow pan and shorten the oil slinger and less modifications would have been required. But my property is sloped so I opted for the deep sump. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1