need some help hooking up a tiller. I just bought a 69' model 1-6241 raider 12 and a tiller separate from another seller. I have the tiller mounted, but have trouble with the belt and Pulleys... or lack there of pulleys. 

here is where I'm currently stuck

20170825_144115.jpg

20170825_144056.jpg

Posted (edited)

Your tiller is for a later model using one belt. You can get the idler you need here https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/tiller.html

Tillers for that model year utilized a two belt set-up with another idler mounted just in front of the transmission. It used a different axle bracket with the flat idler mounted on it. The newer style just used the idler that Lowell sells and just one belt and the flat idler is on the tiller bracket like yours. I adapted the older style to use the one belt and I see no reason you can't go the other way. I just don't know about the clearance with that type of tach-a-matic mid-mount and the pulley on there. I think you'll be OK. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Here's the original for your tractor.

Here's the style of tiller you have.

You can see that it's a straight forward conversion. The belt drive set-up on the newer style is much better than the old 2 belt set-up. :)

• Excellent 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Champscotty58
      Toro Wheel Horse 520 LXI garden tractor with 48 inch recycler deck. 20 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki. Hydraulic lift, Hi/low range hydro transmission, cruise, power steering.  Newer water pump, electric PTO clutch, hour meter, and voltage regulator. No leaks, strong hydro, not sure of hours as hour meter was not working when I bought it. Comes with 48" snow blade and chains, 36" tiller, and Brinly style hitch. Tiller tines are worn but still functions very well. Not wanting to separate at this time.  Call or text. Text preferred. Contact for more pictures.

• By Walnut1
      I am selling my 1976 Wheel Horse D-250.  I believe this was the first year they produced the D-250.  Tractor runs good.  Package include a 60" mower deck and a tiller.  Tiller has been welded.  I am asking $2500 OBO.  Tractor must be picked up.
      Please call (217) 249-3793 or email anderson.jeffreyalan@gmail.com for more details or to schedule a time to look at tractor.

• By Pat_In_Denver
      Looking to buy a replacement spring for belt idler on my tiller.  Tried using one from a mower deck, but it was too strong and bends the idler out just enough that the belt walks off the flat idler.  I've done an internet search for the original part number (6135) and came up blank.

Any suggestions?  Is there a Napa or Stens equivalent?

Thanks!
    • By casquis
      I recently bought a used wheel horse tractor and it came with a tiller. Problem is that I cannot find the instruction manual for how to attach the tiller to the tractor anywhere online. I'm attaching pictures of the tiller so if any of you guys could help me out I'd really appreciate it. 

• By Ahead of the Curve
      Hello All,
       I am currently looking for a Rototiller , trailers and a Johnny Bucket or other front bucket that fits my 520-H's. I'm just getting back into Wheel Horses and gathering more implements. I am disabled and am really trying to save whats left of my back and heart. Please let me know if you have anything or know of anyone that does.Not sure of all the implements that was available for the 520-H's always willing for other options also.
      Thanks Tim & Meranda Harper
      Call or Text me at (989) 326-5571
      UPDATE: I found a rototiller and 2 trailers for my 520-H.  Might be interested in other trailers and still looking for a bucket. Thank you.