RT WH520

Chain for Single stage Snow Thrower tall chute

Need some help with the chain on this. The old one let go today and bent in a few places

Any help with part numbers, where to by, after market options, etc. are much appreciated....

#40 roller chain. Tractor Supply will have it or order online

• Like 2

you will need links,i buy all types to have on hand,that way what ever way the chain ends you can join it,you will also need either a chain breaker or a grinder and punches,at least a good file and punches to drive the pin out to attach new link

I bought this type of chain breaker last year for my snowthrower on a popular auction site. It is sold for use on Go-Karts and Mini-Bikes. Solidly built, and it is steady to use.

56bc8a8ea3a8b_ChainBreaker.jpg.b38281985

Edited by shallowwatersailor

Hey John,  I like that chain breaker!  I bought a more elaborate one for $14, works OK, but I was looking for something simpler, kind of like my bicycle chain breaker but more robust.  BTW, the bicycle chain breaker cost $29-but cyclists are willing to pay more usually :-)

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone. I got the one from Tractor Supply. I used a dremel to get the link off...fast and no problem.

Now I need the two sprockets as the bearings went. Any suggestions, recommendations for this? Rob

Try The Big Bearing Store or MSC Direct.  I have bought from both.  Both on line.  Search under "roller chain"

2 hours ago, RT WH520 said:

Now I need the two sprockets as the bearings went. Any suggestions, recommendations for this? Rob

TSC carries them, but are they often out of stock.  Worth a try.  USA Bearings and Belts should have them if you want to order online.

I have bought bearings for the end of the drive shaft on a 79369 single stage thrower and the #40 roller chain sprockets at the big bearing store . Delivery within 3 days.  The sprockets at TSC are $20 each if I recall and this link is for the same sprockets made in China of course but well built.  Running for 4 years so far . Cheapest price I could find. BTW these have 17 teath while original riveted sprockets had 18 but as long as it is for a #40 roller chain not an issue.Get the correct diameter hole too. Mine as most are 1/2 inch bolt hole.

http://www.thebigbearingstore.com/40-idler-sprockets-1/

Sorry for the clumsy typing.  Blower w High Shoot # 79360 NOT 79369!  Also TSC sprockets have 17 teeth too.

Wyatt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now