drewd

Workhorse 1971 or 72

drewd

Hi All,  I have a 71 or 72 Model # 101006, Serial # 790336.  Model number chart says 71 but the paper for the engine has a print code 72.  The closest I could find was for models 1-3745 & 1-3741.

Two questions.  I finally need to replace the drive belt.  This manual list the belt as # 1576. 

Two questions:

1)  Does anyone know what size that translates to?  I do have the old belt but the inside edge is falling apart so it will measure a little longer than it should.

2) This tractor has the electric clutch.  What is the best way to remove the belt?

As always...Thanks!

daveoman1966

1576 is updated to 9691.  About $24 on line at RCPW.  

As for belt replacement...  Unplug the E-PTO and wiggle the belt past/around the E-PTO support bracket.  

No Need to remove the E-PTO...but, if you do, there is only ONE way to safely remove it...  

PULL OFF (5).JPG

• Like 2

gwest_ca

You have the model and serial number. The 6 on the end i not used but subtract 5 from that 6th digit to get the model year - 6-5=1=1971

1971 Workhorse 800 model 1-0100 symbol 18W - [Tractor drive belt 78-7100 replaced by 7473 - (HB x 81.9" or 5/8" x 81.9")]

1576 is the drive belt for a short frame tractor.

An original parts list. The Workhorse 800 is identified by 18W in the parts list.

• Like 1

drewd
10 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

You have the model and serial number. The 6 on the end i not used but subtract 5 from that 6th digit to get the model year - 6-5=1=1971

1971 Workhorse 800 model 1-0100 symbol 18W - [Tractor drive belt 78-7100 replaced by 7473 - (HB x 81.9" or 5/8" x 81.9")]

1576 is the drive belt for a short frame tractor.

An original parts list. The Workhorse 800 is identified by 18W in the parts list.

Thank you!  Much appreciated.  I downloaded the files to save.

drewd
11 hours ago, daveoman1966 said:

1576 is updated to 9691.  About $24 on line at RCPW.  

As for belt replacement...  Unplug the E-PTO and wiggle the belt past/around the E-PTO support bracket.  

No Need to remove the E-PTO...but, if you do, there is only ONE way to safely remove it...  

PULL OFF (5).JPG

Thank you!  Also, is there any maintenance that should be done periodically on this style PTO?  

daveoman1966

Aside from being POSITIVELY CERTAIN that all wiring contacts are FREE of all corrosion...from battery, thru ignition, thru PTO switch...fuse...and spade connectors at the PTO.   As you see, there are 6 temp vent holes...don't let 'em get plugged or otherwise restricted...the mag coil does generate some heat, minimally, and those holes are the vent.  BOTH bearings are SEALED, but it would be a good idea to pack each with LUCAS Red-sticky...that requires pulling off the E-PTO to get to the big inner bearing.  

elect pto (8).JPG

EPTO C Ser (5).JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

squonk

7473 is a Napa 5L820W or Tractor Supply 5L820

• Like 1