giddyap

It's my thing #6

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, giddyap said:

My new favorite paint is Rust-oleum 2X Gloss Apple Red.  

Absolutely agreed. Excellent color.

I have a serious tendency to lean towards the brighter reds and away from the darker ones.

The Gloss Apple Red is the color I've chosen to use on Colossus.

Very likely I'll also use it on something else. Nice bright very noticeable red.

• Excellent 1

giddyap

Well I was hoping to have it finished by months end but the little things :happy-jumpeveryone: have ganged up on me. With my self imposed deadline near, I am going to lay back and work on it at my own pace.  Here are today's pictures to show how close it is to be finished but it may not be the final version. Later I plan to show how this project started and how it morphed into what it is today.  

DSC08819.JPG

DSC08815.JPG

DSC08817.JPG

DSC08818.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
8 minutes ago, giddyap said:

I plan to show how this project started and how it morphed into what it is today

Niiiiice.  

I like that part.  

It's lookin'. Goooood so far.  

• Thanks 1

giddyap

@ebinmaine   The photos grouped in pairs helps explain why I didn't know which of the two models I was going to build. 300/400 tower vs round hood tower on a large frame. Short vs long hood. But it was the more upright angle of the steering column that I liked on the black hood and so became It's my thing #5 

It's my thing #6 was built on a 312-8 (last pictures) to utilize the round hood parts. The Magnum would not fit under the hood so I went with 212 Predator. This time around a universal joint was used to make the steering column appealing to my eye. But and a big but is the correct tower did not have a lift lever and I want it to push snow. I even put 22s on it so the blade would lift higher. Without the round hood tower it fails my goal to look like a large frame 702 clone.

4th picture is my favorite

DSC08387.JPG

DSC08388.JPG

DSC08398.JPG

DSC08416.JPG

DSC08794 (1).JPG

DSC08641.JPG

DSC08809.JPG

DSC08817.JPG

• Like 3