She's a Newbie

C160 Questions

She's a Newbie

I bought a C-160 beautifully restored but I plan on using it for a dependable mower.  The deck is totally shot.  I have a 42" deck that is currently on a 310-8.  Will it fit on my C-160? 

Also, do most of you members use a lawn mower jack to work on your wheel horses?  If so, which one would you recommend?  Thanks you! 

• Like 3

The Freightliner Guy

I’m not sure I’m not experienced with mowers but. Ask pull start he might know

The Freightliner Guy

Does the mower deck say anything 

520HC

Yes deck will fit.

The Freightliner Guy

Yeah I knew that totally 

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the :rs:Yes, the 42" deck will fit on the C-160.       It may require a different length drive belt

roadapples

:WRS:

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

953 nut

One of the great things about Wheel Horse is interchangeability. The deck from you 310 will fit the C-160 and uses the same drive belt it used on the 310.

I have an automotive engine hoist that does a great job of lifting the front end of a :wh:. Perhaps others have some other device they use.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob
25 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

One of the great things about Wheel Horse is interchangeability. The deck from you 310 will fit the C-160 and uses the same drive belt it used on the 310.

I have an automotive engine hoist that does a great job of lifting the front end of a :wh:. Perhaps others have some other device they use.

I'm using a 48" 70's deck on my 2005 and the 2005 42" deck is on my 76. Here's the lift I use after every mowing. Harbor Freight special. :)

1025736404_Tractorlift.JPG.a95c09a60e0ab35b5fbd7a6383c3e066.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4

The Freightliner Guy

Nice I could probably use one of those how much does it cost 

ztnoo

You can find a couple of examples here:

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?current=1&q=tractor lift

• Like 1

Racinbob

:text-yeahthat: The 300# capacity is plenty for lifting the front up. :)

• Like 1