subvet720

Power for my LED lights...

subvet720

Just finished a little gadget to tie into the headlight circuit on my 310-8. A bridge rectifier converts the AC to DC (12-25VDC) and  buck converter dials the DC in at 12VDC using the potentiometer on the board. With the light load the LEDS provide, I will be able to run bunches of addressable LEDs from my phone.

Parts: LM2596 DC-DC Buck Converter - $3 on the Amazon (Thanks Jeff Bezos!)

GBPC25005 Bridge Rectifier (or similar) - $3 on the Amazon (Thanks again Jeff!)

By doing this, I eliminate flickering LEDs if they are run on AC and no need for an extra battery strapped on the mighty Conrad Weiser Marching Band Wheel Horse.

20220711_182127.jpg

20220601_153341.jpg

20220601_153328.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 7

Jeff-C175
52 minutes ago, subvet720 said:

run bunches of addressable LEDs from my phone.

I know I could ask Mrs Google, but could you elaborate on this a bit please?

• Like 1

953 nut
58 minutes ago, subvet720 said:

A bridge rectifier converts the AC to DC (12-25VDC) and  buck converter dials the DC in at 12VDC using the potentiometer on the board.

:bow-blue:       I just tie them into a 12 volt accessory circuit. 

• Like 3

WHX??

You sure you wasn't an ET? Never knew a knuckle draggin torpedoman was versed in electronics... not in my day anyway. 

I'm with 953 nut but he was a ET. What was that joke? I'd rather have a sister in a brothel than a brother as An ET?!? :ychain: 

I have not had flickering problems on any of my led swap outs on tractors with that style of lights. Plenty on my vintage machines but good grounding cured it. 

Nice lookin tractor ther sub vet but on the fence about the color. Ain't that right @ebinmaine. Oh well works for you works for me! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

ebinmaine
40 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Nice lookin tractor ther sub vet but on the fence about the color. Ain't that right @ebinmaine. Oh well works for you works for me!

Ain't no blue ones here bubba.  

😂

We got fresh red. Weathered red. Reddish brown/Brownish red. And of course the Military Tribute Tractor "Millie".  

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@subvet720 Don't mind what @WHX?? typed his job was to wash the windows on the outside of the sub when it was under way . He does a great bed pan on the head dance. There are pictures.:ROTF:

• Haha 7

subvet720
7 hours ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I know I could ask Mrs Google, but could you elaborate on this a bit please?

Addressable LEDs have an IC with each LED that allows each one to be controlled independently. Using a microprocessor, Arduino Nano in my case, you can put on a really nice light show. Thanks to our Chinese friends, all of the components are very inexpensive.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

subvet720
7 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:bow-blue:       I just tie them into a 12 volt accessory circuit. 

Sure, but you ain't gonna impress the ladies at the tractor show by taking the easy way out :)

• Haha 5

subvet720
7 hours ago, WHX?? said:

You sure you wasn't an ET? Never knew a knuckle draggin torpedoman was versed in electronics... not in my day anyway. 

I'm with 953 nut but he was a ET. What was that joke? I'd rather have a sister in a brothel than a brother as An ET?!? :ychain: 

I have not had flickering problems on any of my led swap outs on tractors with that style of lights. Plenty on my vintage machines but good grounding cured it. 

I went and got myself educated but still have the knuckle scars to prove my lineage. I have been underway on both nuclear and diesel power. As for the color, she ain't nothing but a blur to bystanders when riding along in 3rd gear and the Kohler powerhouse at full throttle. I'm not bragging, but the local police clocked me at 6 mph. Red, blue, at those speeds, it doesn't matter :)

• Haha 8

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, subvet720 said:

the local police clocked me at 6 mph. Red, blue, at those speeds, it doesn't matter

SIX ????

You're insane. 

Absolutely positively insane. 

:ROTF:

• Haha 5

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

subvet720
9 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@subvet720 Don't mind what @WHX?? typed his job was to wash the windows on the outside of the sub when it was under way . He does a great bed pan on the head dance. There are pictures.:ROTF:

My job was to fix all the screen doors.

• Haha 8

WHX??
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

SIX ????

That ain't nothing EB. I got the flame & a 1055 pullied for about 10

So when I see 'vet's flashing lights behind me, I think it's a cop, :law-policered:

I can make a getaway. :auto-dirtbike:

1 hour ago, subvet720 said:

My job was to fix all the screen doors.

One of my favs....

EB you are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.:ychain: :lol:

• Haha 5

ebinmaine
13 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

That ain't nothing EB. I got the flame & a 1055 pullied for about 10

So when I see 'vet's flashing lights behind me, I think it's a cop, :law-policered:

I can make a getaway. :auto-dirtbike:

One of my favs....

EB you are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.:ychain: :lol:

:ROTF:

SylvanLakeWH

A Haiku…

Submarines go deep

Into the immense blue sea  

No windows or screens 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

squonk

I got thrown off a sub. Kept openin the window at night to get some fresh air! :helmet:

• Haha 5