PeacemakerJack

A Super-C for Judge! (1982 C195)

Pullstart

Here’s one of @Skipper’s threads about his C-195.  I tell you what, the big tires he crammed on there make the machine go from so-so on looks to bucket list!

• Like 1

Sparky

You tease! I was already calculating my route to pick it up :lol:

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Sparky said:

He's got others....

😀

Josh that looks like a good beast to do 'bout anything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Handy Don

The below answer showed what happens when one assumes. I read "C" and assumed a standard chassis, not realizing the 195 was a 4-5" longer wheelbase! 

Live and learn (and thanks for the update, @ebinmaine).

Earlier, poorly-informed answer!

To answer the question, I doubt a 60 would be comfortable with the spacing between the C's front and rear tires even if the mounts and drive would work. The 520's that deck was aimed at had a full extra two inches of wheelbase and a somewhat wider front wheel track -- both contributed to clearance. My guess is a 48" would fit fine. That said, I know nothing about the mounting options on the C.

Edited by Handy Don
  • Like 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, Handy Don said:

To answer the question, I doubt a 60 would be comfortable with the spacing between the C's front and rear tires even if the mounts and drive would work. The 520's that deck was aimed at had a full extra two inches of wheelbase and a somewhat wider front wheel track -- both contributed to clearance. My guess is a 48" would fit fine. That said, I know nothing about the mounting options on the C.

Don the C195 is known as the Super C because it's substantially larger than a standard offering. 

The wheelbase is (7 or 8?) inches longer. 

There was a 60" deck available for the C195. 

05-60SC01

I see a reference to using that number on a 520 but not a 520's 60" deck on a Super C. 

I'm sure a Super owner will be along to give info about the retro fit.  

Edited by ebinmaine
  • Like 2

19richie66
14 hours ago, Sparky said:

He’s going to drop it off here next time he comes by. Mission trip :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 3

Skipper

Yes, you can fit the 60HD deck from 520 easily. The 195 is substantionally bigger in any way, and I did not notice any difference in power from 520 to 195. Both can take a 60, and none of them can "Really" swing a 60" as that takes a whole lot of power. Never the less, the 60" is by far the best choice for the 195. Very nice cut. You may have to widen the slot a little in the lift link on the deck, and I do not remember the correct belt size from clutch to deck. Also you might want to opt not to use the on frame deck idler, and run a angled 520/60" mule drive instead. I find it runs better.

Your 195 is by the way, just as fast as a 520HC. Way faster than most other WH. Very mean mowing machine. If you have not put gear reduced steering on yet, I can only recommend it. Makes it run the super heavy 60" deck so much easier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

Nice tractor.  Lucky kid. 

So is the C-195 the same size as the D series tractors?  And if so is that the kind of implements it would use?  Or just the regular attachments for C series and 3-500 series? 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

bds1984

The C195 is lengthened behind the foot rests and the fenders are raised substantially compared to the rest of the C/3/4/5 series.  D-series are their own and not related to the rest of the herd in any form except for the name.  Here is my Super-C I sold (regrettably) a few years ago parked next to my C165 that has the swept axle from a newer 520H. 

20160518_204203.jpg

20160518_204212.jpg

20160518_204222.jpg

20160518_204230.jpg

20160518_204246.jpg

20160518_204310.jpg

• Excellent 4
  • Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

Looks like it's also a 6 bolt rear axle for the wheels?  Is that a different trans than other C series?  The D series has the 6 bolt/lug rear wheels as well

Also is that a 15" rim on the C-195?

Edited by OutdoorEnvy

bds1984

Yes, they're six bolt wheels.  I've never had a D series to directly compare but at a quick glance n a photo, they look similar.  The transmission is still an Eaton 1100 but the filter faces forward as it has a different remount mount than the C/3/4/5 series.  I know that Super C attachments are different than its smaller siblings, but I don't see why one couldn't use them with minor modifications.  I think lengthening the dozer blade frame and pivot handle will work out, but mower decks, not sure, but given how many things interchange, I could see a 48"-42" decks swapping right in with the correct mule drive and belts.  The 60" deck on mine cut okay, my 48" on my C165 cuts much better, especially over terrain that is anything but smooth.  I've heard the 60" deck on the C195s is an Ariens design and is MUCH lighter than the 60" deck found on the 520s.  I was able to pick up the C195s deck by myself and move it around fairly easily.  Perhaps the C195's 60" deck with some extra gauge wheels will yield you a much better cut; I believe mine had 5 on it whereas my 48" has 8.  I sold mine to someone who wanted it much more than me but if it had been a Series II powered machine, I'd still have her.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bo dawg

I put a 60" deck off a 520 onto the 195 I use to have. Hooked right up, no extra adjustments needed. The front tires were stock size and could turn the steering all the way without hitting the deck. It gets close to touching but clears. Cut pretty good too!

But if I wanted to keep a 60" deck on the 195 I would use the one they made for the 195.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Skipper

A 195 is an odd mix of a D 160-200 and a C. It has 3pt and rear pto (optional), and if that's mounted, then no, you can not use anything that attaches to the rear axle like snow blade etc. without being inventive. Everything that is on the mid, and front mount will work fine, or with minor adjustments. Parts on 195 that are same as D include lift cylinder for 3pt, some of the 3pt. and hydraulics parts, rear hubs, rear attachments like 50" tiller and pto shaft etc. Probably more.

195 run 15" rims with 27" tires, yes.

I have had 42, 42rd, 48, 60 (195/D) type and 60 HD (520 type) decks on mine. I have a flat lawn, and none can compete with the 60HD. Yes its heavy as heck, but correctly set up, oh boy it cuts nice. I find the 195/D 60" deck too flimsy, and easy to warp. And also hard to find in good condition. 

Edited by Skipper
  • Like 1
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack

Thank you guys for all the great info and banter.  I have learned a bunch and I have several solid possibilities moving forward for a deck for Judge.  So…now we start “hunting” for the right fit for our application.  

I love the above pictures as well…😍