stevasaurus

My Knife Collection

ebinmaine

Cool stuff Steve.  

I have a folding Buck knife I bought around 1985. Not long after I got it I tried using the tip for something I shouldn't have. 

Used it with 1/4" broken off the point for years and years. 

Got to remembering one day that Buck had a forever warranty. 

I sent it via snail mail and completely forgot about it for a few months. 

One day a got a package back from Buck. 

Turns out I had a very rare piece that the handle was made of a compound like Bakelite or whatever. More rare, mine's brown. Didn't sell many. 

They were so taken aback by the sheer existence of the knife they modified a blade from another model to fit. 

Sent it back good as new and then some. 

One of the folks in the repair/customer service department had been there since before my knife was sold and had never seen one.  

That was actual good ole fashioned customer service.  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5

WHX??

Nice Dino :handgestures-thumbupright:

Like I said in @formariz sharpening thread  keep them away from me I'd lose them all! 

• Haha 2

Rob J.

My dad passed in ‘19 and left me a whole box of pocket knives but nothing compared to your collection. But hey, that’s not a knife collection, you have a knife collection. Nice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

My brother passed away about a year ago and one of my cousins was thrilled to receive his collection of pocket knives. My brother had been a Boy Scout leader and woodsman for decades and about twenty of the knives were BSA  Jamboree commemorative knives. My cousin that got them was a member of his troop so I figured they went to the right place. 

• Excellent 4

formariz

I only have a few rather insignificant pockets knives. This one however I inherited from my good friend Ed DeVoe’s father who was a master shipwrights. It is a Camilus  Sailors  sheeps foot rope knife. It is the only pocket knife that I use and I am quite fond of it. He was a sailor in WW2 and seems that it was a standard issue item from the Navy. Took it to Europe with him and came back with him also. 

F746EEEF-F8CB-443C-B992-E591DA3E7ECC.jpeg.0aa86dce8fc1912d5ef788e56fb25f9e.jpeg

B294B211-BC00-42C4-91FC-CC32804815E7.jpeg.554503c1c8c29a7249c0ff9b6fe4e603.jpeg

Edited by formariz
  • Excellent 4

EB-80/8inPA
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

That was actual good ole fashioned customer service.  

I picked up a Buck folding hunter at a garage sale for $1 in pristine condition.  My kid used it for some goofy purpose and broke off the blade tip.  A buddy who was a real knife geek offered to send it back to the factory for me if I covered the postage.  Great!  A few weeks later it was returned with a new blade and polished up like new.  It looked fantastic.  So I ordered a sheath for it.

Great company.

• Excellent 3

Wayne0

RE: OP, I do have the Uncle Henry Fillet knife .The rest are over the top, but I could have shone that 20+ years ago!

I used to be a collector. Regrettably, I sold the collection when things got tough. I really wish I still had it. So many classic knives and bayonets!

Wayne0
On 6/19/2022 at 9:11 PM, formariz said:

I only have a few rather insignificant pockets knives. This one however I inherited from my good friend Ed DeVoe’s father who was a master shipwrights. It is a Camilus  Sailors  sheeps foot rope knife. It is the only pocket knife that I use and I am quite fond of it. He was a sailor in WW2 and seems that it was a standard issue item from the Navy. Took it to Europe with him and came back with him also. 

F746EEEF-F8CB-443C-B992-E591DA3E7ECC.jpeg.0aa86dce8fc1912d5ef788e56fb25f9e.jpeg

B294B211-BC00-42C4-91FC-CC32804815E7.jpeg.554503c1c8c29a7249c0ff9b6fe4e603.jpeg

I had one of those in my collection.