David414

Mats hydro pedal kit

David414

I have Mats hydro pedal kit and in reviewing the instructions, it states the kit is to be used WITHOUT the column lever connected. To keep the column lever connected, you will need to modify the bracket (reverse detent) that the neutral safety switch is mounted onto so the lever and pedal can freely go in reverse.

Has anyone connected both the column lever and the foot pedal? What modifications to the bracket is necessary? Any pictures of the modified bracket would be helpful. Does the bracket mount in the original position or a different location? I want to keep the neutral safety switch operable.

My second question concerns the cast forward pedal. Is there a substitute pedal? It looks similar to the brake pedal on the 300-400 series tractors, but the lower tab mounting position is much different than the stock pedal. The tab seems to be 180 degrees opposite of the stock pedal. Any suggestions?

Thanks

rmaynard

I have Matt's foot pedal on my 416-H. I will never go back. I had the column lever, but I removed mine. I can't think of a reason to leave it. By doing so, you don't have to worry about adjusting the tension on the cam plate. Since you are using your foot to maintain forward speed, and the linkage is always returned to neutral with a spring, you can loosen and lube that area. As far as the reverse pedal, the only modification that I did was to re-drill the mounting plate and move it outward so it didn't conflict with my snow plow angle lever.

David414

@Maynard  Thank you for the reply. Did you do anything to accommodate the neutral safety switch? Does the switch work with Mats pedal kit WITHOUT the lever? Switch still in the same position?

rmaynard

It's @rmaynard @maynard is a common mistake.

The neutral switch was relocated but I can't remember where I relocated it. When I get back from the show I'll take pictures.

• Like 1