857lover

front weight bracket on 400 series

857lover

hey guys i was wondering if anyone makes a front suitcase weight bracket for the front of a 400 series tractor i am always seeing rear wheel weights everywhere but i don’t ever see stuff for front weight and i wanna see if anyone can make or sells theese because i don’t have any way to make one thanks !:rolleyes:

ebinmaine

Using angle iron you may be able to bolt one together. 

I made a front weight bracket for Trina's 867 doing just that.  

• Like 2

857lover
46 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

yea i thought about it but i want a good fit and finish not looking for perfect would also be cool to have a way to keep them from bouncing around 

gwest_ca

Here is what was available

• Like 4

TonyToro

I’ve made an adjustable front weight bracket using the attach o matic and I’ve made fixed bracket that bolted to the from and could use suitcase weights. I just figured out the cheapest suitcase weights are from my local steel retailer has blanks pre cut and I’m going to Weld on flat steel to them. I’m thinking I can make weights for $4-10 a piece depending on weight versus what nqtp and Midwest sell them for. 

• Like 2

TonyToro

Very few …like nearly nobody makes pulling stuff for WheelHorse. Cub cadets get all the attention. Lol

Everyone I meet has made something slightly different.

• Excellent 1

peter lena

@857lover  couda , shouda , wodua , had related maintenance shops all around our shop set up , ours was a mechanical / weld shop . but when you had to make up a bracket , punch  metal holes , bend and cut any kind of metal , you went to the weld and fabrication shop ,the mechanical advantage benders , were like magic to bend what ever you wanted . basically a drilled heavy pin plate , to set your intended bending work , that and a heavy / long push bar , drop / set pins , to lock in your work ,and do what you needed to do . also had a 150 ton break / cutting press , that would shear heavy s/s plate for work . only wish I could have made more or picked up more "  scrap metal " for home work . like I said , couda shouda wodua , 15 years out , running out of stuff , pete  

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

857lover
11 hours ago, TonyToro said:

Very few …like nearly nobody makes pulling stuff for WheelHorse. Cub cadets get all the attention. Lol

Everyone I meet has made something slightly different.

yea i would love to add some weight to the front but no one seems to have anything 

• Like 1

857lover
11 hours ago, TonyToro said:

I’ve made an adjustable front weight bracket using the attach o matic and I’ve made 

pictures? of the fixed and the attach omatic one 

• Like 1

TonyToro

I’ll find better pictures but here is one that attached in the attach o matic. It uses box tubing inside a larger box tubing with 2 pieces of solid rod to fit in the mounting holes of the attach o matic and I welded a nut that I can screw the bolt into to lock it in desired position for weight distribution.

I’ll look for the front mounted weight bracket pictures it I’ll just take a picture tomorrow.

78C66259-E986-475E-839F-F7FF931C62D6.jpeg

• Like 2

sergeant
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2022 at 4:10 PM, 857lover said:

hey guys i was wondering if anyone makes a front suitcase weight bracket for the front of a 400 series tractor i am always seeing rear wheel weights everywhere but i don’t ever see stuff for front weight and i wanna see if anyone can make or sells theese because i don’t have any way to make one thanks !:rolleyes:

Not a Cheap way to do it On My Part at $303.99 Not Including suitcase weights But Many of the components I Bought when Things were a heck of a Lot cheaper

Bought This https://www.ebay.com/itm/131944396619?hash=item1eb87fb74b:g:ux4AAOxyYANTYX55 also Had this already   https://heavyhitch.com/product/sleeve-hitch-adapter-2-inch-receiver/ also Had this https://www.johnnyproducts.com/SleeveHitchAccessories.htm Called a 4X Multi Suitcase weight Pinned weight receiver, so I can put up to (4) 42lb suitcase weight On the front Only used Up to 2 so far  But I can use most of the set-Up with Lowell’s  Hitch https://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/product/heavy-duty-removable-receive-hitch-if-you-have-a-104659-bracket/ and Have 4 suitcase for the winter when ever I get a front blade for my 416H. Probably will eventually just have a 2inch Insert with weight Bracket Made so I can skip On the sleeve Hitch Insert  and keep the weights a bit closer to the Tractor

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00317.JPG

Edited by sergeant
  • Like 3

857lover
On 6/12/2022 at 5:16 PM, ebinmaine said:

do you have a picture by chance ??

C-85

Here's my version, this is independent of the plow and hitches to the Tach a Matic front mount, I made this myself -

C-85

IMG_0626.JPG.be5e98994bc5465ae8e4cc704927e87e.JPG

This is what it looks like off the tractor -

99706698_Dec2011_152.JPG.a70d1c41366b9ba2f8165d9c2d0caba8.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

peter lena

@C-85  thats not fair !  working in the kitchen , does not count , you get no points for that !  I  also have a c-85 , bought it new in 82 , recently  celebrated over 40 years with it ,  did a 12 horse magnum swap a few years ago , still my favorite  of my 3 horses ,  has all my experimentation ideas on ending chronic problems on it . dr frankenhorse , AKA , greasy pete

• Haha 1

C-85

I'm sorry that there's no fairness :angry-tappingfoot: :) , perhaps we need to all think more about the DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR !

C-85