S416-8

I bought it !

S416-8

You're evil you know, making me want it more and more... I want a 520! Got to do some grading with the 416 yesterday and it was great but the 520 I got to drive the other day was well wow, love the size and feel ot it.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

AHS

Addiction??? What??😂 I have 8! All the way from a ‘67 to an ‘01. Grader blade is about the best money you can spend on an attachment! In my opinion, I write down part numbers for shifter boots, coil, points and gaskets and check eBay or wheelhorsepartsandmore.com. You are on a great forum!! Tips and tricks I have learned! I have a 416 Onan muffler in better shape than yours, as well as a intake and carb. Welcome!!!😎

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

S416-8

well I still want a 520 as well and maybe I will see if you would part with those part at one point.

• Like 2

AHS
16 hours ago, S416-8 said:

well I still want a 520 as well and maybe I will see if you would part with those part at one point.

I have no use for them, I have Kohler K series and Magnums. I just took the muffler, carb and intake off cause I thought they would be good.

• Like 1

S416-8

ok well I will make sure I remember that you have these...

• Like 1

S416-8

Told someone, no names, that showing that 520 was evil cause even though I just bought this 417 I bow need to sell it ! I have to make room for my new to me 520H !! I now have to drive 12 hrs round trip to go get it --- I AM CRAZY !!!!!!! of course will keep the grader and wheel weights that I just bought for the 416. 

WH2.PNG

Edited by S416-8
added a pic
  • Like 4
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart 1

AHS

And so it starts!! 😂😂the 60” deck looks so rugged!! The 520 is like the Cadillac! Just wait till you gets into Kohlers!

• Like 2

S416-8

now I got to sell the 416 to pay for the 520.. also gotta stop with the wheel horse videos cause now I want to add a snowblower, cab and one of these belt covers on it
image.png.5082e4b554a6f1b8d0c45564cc61a488.png

• Like 1

S416-8

that deck is rugged.. just looked at the specs the thing weighs in at 307 lbs... crap I now need a fork lift

image.png.ea55cc1e67e6a2ecd2f60d215b49891a.png

• Haha 4

JCM

Looks like it's time to tease you again.   :ROTF:  We are good at that around here on RS. Might want to put a FEL on the bucket list while your at it.

P1012405.JPG

P1030936.jpg

P1012449.JPG

• Excellent 3
  • Haha 2

S416-8

ok stop.. already researching to see if this is the right blower

image.png.ed212bf9cd0fdab8eca4160bc17eadc5.png

• Haha 2

JCM

That is the correct #.

• Like 1

S416-8

wow thanks and awesome... it needs cleaning and paint but is 300 $200 so looks like a decent deal?? says it includes everything needed and only needs some TLC - just asked what that meant 

Edited by S416-8
  • Like 1

JCM

That should be the number for a 2 stage which does not have wings. If it's all together ,yes it's worth it.

• Like 1

S416-8

cool will be working out something for it/ Thanks

• Like 2

JCM

You may want to go on Parts Tree website and see what all the attaching parts look like that go with it, If some are missing you will need to find them to make it operable. Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

JCM

FYI   This should be posted under implements and attachments.

• Like 1

AHS

@JCMNice 2 stage!!! Jeese, the 2stage w/ that Onan 20hp, that’ll blow snow up my way!!😀💪

• Haha 2

S416-8

I bought it the #2

Got my 520 today.. cosmetically great, runs and cuts great but needs some stuff.. not all the gauges are working and it looks like I will need to replace on as well as the mounting base for the dash.. guess only but on the brackets holding a gauge if broken and the gauge sits behind the battery. The lights aren't working but all in all I love it.

• Like 2

S416-8

ugh,, when out to play with the new toy and it doesn't want to start :sad: So started to take covers off and get things started and ugh is it dirty.. but after 2 cans of cleaner the lights work now -- time to do a full tune up, clean all the connectors etc.. and figure out what it actually will need.. list coming to the wanted list soon

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

peter lena

@S416-8 having read this nightmare before , take advantage of what works , and snoop around on the other connection issues , corrosion, wire chafing , cracked electrical connections , personally , would give it a aerosol lubricant rubdown on all painted areas , let it sit wet, drawing in the paint life / recovery , next day rub it down till dry with a soft clean cloth . you can repeat that anytime , before a wax job. back at connections , make sure battery ground bolt area is dielectric greased , add serrated  washers to metal grounding spots , die grease . good luck with it , pete   

• Like 1

S416-8

awesome tips and will do thanks

Just sold the 416 so I have space and time to work on this.. 

• Like 1

S416-8

and so it begins.. all that dirt in pic 2 came from the fins of the transfer case358469407_520teardown1.JPG.5ad64e99c9208eb1eed0e23d039983bf.JPGimage_50443265.JPG.fc6316ad53955f2239a139f57e2ce67d.JPG

image_50736385.JPG

image_50440961.JPG

• Like 3

S416-8

Wow found out why the deck didn't seem to lift correctly.... anyone seen this before ? But it in the "wanted" post

unnamed.jpg.1520da4818b920aecc6eb3d956f54282.jpg

• Sad 1

Horse Newbie

What is it ?